Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
lvscrvs OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
Which winter pants fit over Sidi Crossfires?

I need a pair of textile, insulated winter pants that are big enough in the calf area to fit over my Crossfires.

Oh, one other thing... not too spendy please....

What works for you?

thanks

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,639
Here's something to think about...

After your hands and head the next most common body part to make contact with the ground...

Your hips.

That said, I've been happy with my Dariens that I picked up used, $150 and they typically last about 6 years until there beyond their useful life.

I have the optional hip armor.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 738
Polo ...

Not sure how much this will help you, but I have a german suit from www.polo-motorrad.de The pants fit over my Crossfire TA with a room to spare.
Nice cold weather suit. Mine is the older version of this…

http://www.polo-motorrad.de/en/luxor-hose.html

BTW, for the lighter suit, the BMG Adventure pants fit over the Crossfire TA as well.
Check with BMG. The owner - Paul, rides in the Crossfire TA and he will tell you how well the Pioneer pants fit with the boots.

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com...neer-pants.asp

Cheers,

birdie_xx screwed with this post 12-14-2013 at 02:05 AM
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
gqelements
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
Mine is the older version of this…

http://www.polo-motorrad.de/en/luxor-hose.html
Nice Pants/Suit. Haven't heard of Pharao, but looks like a nice (at least aesthetically) line.

PS: Watching the tread, as i have the same question :)

gqelements screwed with this post 12-14-2013 at 07:04 AM Reason: Grammar Gremlins Attacked
gqelements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
lvscrvs OP
Studly Adventurer

Squish - I agree about the hip pads. I wear Fox shorts that have hip and tail pads built in. The shorts are a synthetic material like bicycle shorts that breaths decently. Better padding than I've found in most moto pants.

The Dariens are on definitely on my radar, although they aren't insulated. They could work with heavier bicycle tights underneath.

Birdie - Thanks for those 2 links/suggestions. I have heard good things about BMG, especially for winter gear. I had not heard about Polo previously.

One other option I'm considering is the Motoport AeroTex Jacket and Pants to go over my Motoport GP-2 Kevlar suit. Haven't seen many reviews of these. Just seems like too many layers... like dressing for the snow when I was a kid.... you're tired and sweaty just from getting dressed....

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
Old 12-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
lvscrvs OP
Studly Adventurer

Anyone else? I have an opportunity to get some HT Overpants at a reasonable price. If they don't work, I guess I'll go for the BMG pants. Be nice to hear from others who have found a pant that works...

Old 01-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
lvscrvs OP
Studly Adventurer

In case anyone else is still interested in this topic, I wrote to Revzilla to see what they would have to say and received the following response:
Thanks for writing in. Since the Crossfire boots are designed to be worn with your pants inside the boot, finding pants that go over them is a little tough. I pulled three pants that should work. They are the Icon Patrol Raiden Waterproof Over Pants, Firstgear Kathmandu Overpants, and Olympia X-Moto Pants. Both the Patrol’s and Kathmandu's should fit relatively easily over the boot but the X-Moto will depend on your boot size and how tight you wear them.

I saw from an earlier email that you listed your waist measurement (33”) which if still true I would recommend a size Medium in the Patrol and size 32 in both the Kathmandu and X-Moto.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
EltonAvenue
Banned

Oddometer: 547
Thumb

Go here if you want good quality at LOW prices; www.leatherup.com

I can vouch for the Xelement Tri-Tex fabric & leather racing pants with knee armour......hip armour would need stitching into them, but they also have motoX pants but you'll need to look through their extensive online catalogue yourself coz I don't know what your exact needs are...

PS, they have a 10% discount going on right now if you enter the promo code; newyear
EltonAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
sonoran
aint got time fo dat

Oddometer: 20,388
Not insulated but I've worn Klim Traverse pants over Crossfires. These are pretty much a GoreTex shell made large enough for insulating layers/protection underneath.
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
Not insulated but I've worn Klim Traverse pants over Crossfires. These are pretty much a GoreTex shell made large enough for insulating layers/protection underneath.
+1. Good pair of thermal underware under my Traverse pants work fine for me as well. If really cold some fleece pants underneath are great. I found some cheap ones ar Performance Bike (Bicycle) that work great as an extra layer, also have seen some insulation layers for Waders (i.e Fly Fishing) that looked good.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 17,525
Cortech overpants here. Not really insulated, but more fabric than anything else I wear.

They fit over my MX boots (A little snug but not terrible), fit well over my sled boots.

Built-in/removable knee pro, kinda nice. Not nearly as beefy as the knee guards I usually wear, but it's nice when kneeling down or for something quick&easy on/off around town.

Sub-zero wind chills last weekend... jeans were chilly, but the overpants and gym shorts were comfortable.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #12
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
I'm a big fan of the Firstgear HT Overpants (I have the 2011 model). I've ridden down into the 30's with them with just khakis or jeans underneath (w/o the thermal liners) and have been fine. They're waterproof, too, and I like the Velcro around the ankles. The thermal liners are a bit bulky, and if it's cold enough, I would wear a thermal layer under my pants before putting them in, though I keep them in my tail bag just in case. The one issue I have is the access zippers to the pockets are sometimes not aligned right with the pants I'm wearing (more of an issue with khakis, where the pockets are more 'verticle', than jeans).

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...overpants.html

Edit - I wear them over SIDI Armada boots, which may not have the bulk of the Crossfires, but are probably pretty close.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote