Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #181
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeHazard View Post
I grew tired of the small print in the Scala G4 manual and decided to print up a cheat sheet to carry with me. Feel free to share it. I have also provided a link to a pdf file on my site.

http://homepage.mac.com/ernyoung/Sca...eetV110820.pdf
I was just thinking of going this. I downloaded it to my phone. Thanks.

Someone needs to turn this into an Iphone app.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #182
mattDC5R
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuleK View Post
I just returned from a 3000 mile trip up to the Northwest, and we had four G4 units with four riders. We had a few unexplained snags in getting them connected, but we were able to get all four units online at the same time. Basically, you connect them as you would if you were in a circle holding hands. You talk to those not connected to you directly through your connected buddy's headsets. (I really wonder if you could get more than four online this way.)
Your post is full of great info, thanks for that.

The GPS may prove a snag for us as we will have a couple, although is say at this stage that we will have 2 of us with iphone with GPS apps on and using music through the same device. i wonder it will all work a bit smoother having the one device doing all of those type of connections.

Qutie impressed by the battery life you managed, also good to know.

anyways, were off in just over a week so will hopefully get it all figured out!

Also, to the poster of the cheat sheet, that is going to be very handy for my less technically minded riding buddies! Thankyou.
mattDC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #183
Simplyred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Just ordered a set today from she-rides.com. $344.99. Never ordered from them before and was thinking the price was to good. But I placed my order and in 15 minutes had a order email with a tracking number.
I can send you an email with a tracking number in it for half the price
Sorry, could not resist. Hopefully it will arrive in good order and it will work great.
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #184
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyred View Post
I can send you an email with a tracking number in it for half the price
Sorry, could not resist. Hopefully it will arrive in good order and it will work great.
Got it in two days. Works great. Couldn't be happier.

Now I need a new helmet, the Joe Rocket that I have is so loud I can't hear anything once I get over 55.

Todd

Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #185
74C5
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Got the volume issues improved, but not perfect from a prior thread.
However, I'm curious how many out there wear a Multitec and have to yell to get the VOX to turn on when at freeway speeds? Once it clicks on, I don't have to yell anymore but, this is extreme. I should note that I had to go to wearing earplugs when I went to the Multitec due to wind noise on the RT.
74C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #186
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Got a chance to use the G4 today and on a 120 mile ride but had a few problems.

Everything paired fine A to A, my wife's Iphone 4,and my Iphone 4. At some point I could not get my Ipod (Iphone) to work. It is paired because if I make a call it goes through the G4, but I can not get the Ipod to play at all now. It worked fine early in the day. Everything works as it should on my wife's setup. Any ideas?

My helmet is way to noisy. When we where riding through town doing 30-35 it was okay, but once the wind picked up I had to put ear plugs in and then I could hear my wife if she talked s___l___o__o___w. Once over 50mph I couldn't hear at all. So I have to get a better helmet. Even with out the G4 I need a better helmet. I am using a Joe Rocket Hybrid. I was thing of getting a Arai XD3 before I got the G4 but am thinking it is going to be loud too. Is anyone using the G4 with a XD3 and are happy with it? I also looked at a Shoei Multitec Modular Helmet anyone use it?

Todd

Old 08-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #187
AmuleK
What bike wants, it gets

Oddometer: 699
I use the Multitec and really like it. There is some noise, but I still have to turn down the volume on the G4.
(On a plaque given to me by friend, Jeff Walker - gunned down in the Trolley Square shooting spree Feb. 12, 2007)
AmuleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #188
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,693
Bionic

I plan or should I say hope to get a Motorola Droid Bionic this Thursday. Any comments on how well the Motorola Droid work with the G4. My wife's old Motorola phone works surprisingly well. Any issue with voice commands or voice announcements? The G4 also works will with the iPod Touch.

Thanks

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #189
rogernm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
I plan or should I say hope to get a Motorola Droid Bionic this Thursday. Any comments on how well the Motorola Droid work with the G4. My wife's old Motorola phone works surprisingly well. Any issue with voice commands or voice announcements? The G4 also works will with the iPod Touch.

Thanks
I have the original Droid and the wife has the Droid X. Both pair easily with the G4. The bluetooth connection is very stable on both phones (can answer calls and go back to music seemlessly). And, yes, I use the voice commands to answer and dial the phone all the time

The only issue thus far is when the wife and I both ride, We can't intercom and listen to mp3 on the phone thru bluetooth. I just change the phone connections to phone only (disable multimedia) and use the mp3 players in the phone thru the wired connection to the G4.

I too am looking at upgrading to the Bionic.
rogernm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #190
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Scala G4 rejects Droid Bionic

I got a Bionic this week and am trying to pair it with my G4 head set. It works with my iPod Touch but rejects the G4. I will try an updated to the G4 but did that 2 weeks ago and none were available. Do I need to reset the G4 so it will accept the Bionic?

Edit. I had to reset the paring. It was default pared to my Wife's V750 phone. So it is working. Now to enable the voice activation to see if it works. After the Scala is charged. i have not charge it in 2 week with about 6 hours of use.

Wee Strommin along.

biker128pedal screwed with this post 10-09-2011 at 05:38 PM
Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #191
Brenno
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattDC5R View Post
Your post is full of great info, thanks for that.

The GPS may prove a snag for us as we will have a couple, although is say at this stage that we will have 2 of us with iphone with GPS apps on and using music through the same device. i wonder it will all work a bit smoother having the one device doing all of those type of connections.

Qutie impressed by the battery life you managed, also good to know.

anyways, were off in just over a week so will hopefully get it all figured out!

Also, to the poster of the cheat sheet, that is going to be very handy for my less technically minded riding buddies! Thankyou.
http://www.motointercom.it/en/conten...e-than-4-bikes

Im waiting for these headset to arrive here in Australia, Im looking forward to these arriving before Phillip Island Grand Pri. Im looking to also travel with 3 other riders and have a consistent intercom. Let me know how your trip went matt
Brenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #192
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

G4 and Bionic

I have an HJC Flip up helmet and ride a Wee. So far receiving called works well. At 60 mph I can hear well and the person on the other end can hear me. I did put foam spacers under the speakers in the helmet. And I do wear ear plugs.

Now to get the phone to recognize my commands.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #193
Golevi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Got a chance to use the G4 today and on a 120 mile ride but had a few problems.

Everything paired fine A to A, my wife's Iphone 4,and my Iphone 4. At some point I could not get my Ipod (Iphone) to work. It is paired because if I make a call it goes through the G4, but I can not get the Ipod to play at all now. It worked fine early in the day. Everything works as it should on my wife's setup. Any ideas?

My helmet is way to noisy. When we where riding through town doing 30-35 it was okay, but once the wind picked up I had to put ear plugs in and then I could hear my wife if she talked s___l___o__o___w. Once over 50mph I couldn't hear at all. So I have to get a better helmet. Even with out the G4 I need a better helmet. I am using a Joe Rocket Hybrid. I was thing of getting a Arai XD3 before I got the G4 but am thinking it is going to be loud too. Is anyone using the G4 with a XD3 and are happy with it? I also looked at a Shoei Multitec Modular Helmet anyone use it?

Todd
I have the XD3 and the G4 and really like the combination, but I did the ear bud modification which gives me the best of both worlds of good sound and hearing protection... My wife has the multitec and it is quieter than my XD3...

2008 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
Golevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #194
csimon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Ear Bud Conversion Thread?

I was trying to find the pictures and instructions for adding a pair of ear phones. Anyone knows where it is?

Thanks.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #195
Golevi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
I was trying to find the pictures and instructions for adding a pair of ear phones. Anyone knows where it is?

Thanks.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628028

2008 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
Golevi is offline   Reply With Quote