User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #196
Spyder1
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Pairing the GPS

1. Why does a GPS which is Cardosystems compatible – connect to 1 paired G4 Powerset headset and works admirably in this situation but as soon as the other G4 Powerset headset ( paired with the first headset) is connected it immediately
stops communicating regardless of whether the headsets are in VOX mode or engaged by tapping A.

Cardosystems advise " If the GPS connection is not paired properly or sends the audio as an A2DP connection the GPS instructions will not take a higher priority than the intercom and will not override the conversation."

From reading the previous posts on this Forum I'm sure that someone with better knowledge of bluetooth functions will be able to give us an idea of what is wrong and how to get it going correctly.

Thanks from Downunder!

Spyder1 screwed with this post 10-17-2011 at 03:18 PM Reason: Checking why the colour is wrong when posted
Spyder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #197
abendix
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi,

I have made a pocket version of this to carry around - hope its useful

Direct link:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...G4QuickRef.jpg

abendix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeHazard View Post
I grew tired of the small print in the Scala G4 manual and decided to print up a cheat sheet to carry with me. Feel free to share it. I have also provided a link to a pdf file on my site.

http://homepage.mac.com/ernyoung/Sca...eetV110820.pdf
abendix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #198
Simplyred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by abendix View Post
Hi,

Direct link:

abendix
Look at this!

How on Earth can Cardo Systems assume a rider can remember all of these functions, and use it accordingly to plan safely when driving? And apparently I am not the only one struggling with this, people have been looking for solutions themselves as one can see above. Although I applaud the solutions found and the creativity of people shown to find those solutions, I still think it is a basic design flaw: the idea of handling so much functions whilst fiddling around on your helmet with gloves on and without being able to see what you do is a crazy idea to start with, which had to come out of the brain of a laboratory researcher, not a real motor rider.

People are generally not made that way. Most of us need to see things. For any complex device, most people need to look at it in order to work with it. This whole G4 device could have been a success if it had a remote touchscreen control to choose and activate functions instead of the helmet thingy. The Sena device has the jog-dial-knob, which is a clever way to tackle this problem, but that also is not the Holy Grale since there are buttons anyhow and you are still fiddling around on the side of the helmet. It sucks all together.

There simply is an urgent need to get back to the drawingboard and design the solution again from scratch. The G9 design is not going to cut it either.
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #199
Soty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
G4 and R1200RT radio

Hi there,

My question is whether R1200RT radio can be blutoothet to both rider and passenger helmet, i.e both of them to hear the music ? I udestood that Zumo and mobile phone is not possible, however the radio unit should be enjoed by both rider and pillion.
Soty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #200
RhodeHazard
ex halligan hooligan

Oddometer: 658

Nicely done

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendix View Post
Hi,

Direct link:

abendix
RhodeHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #201
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soty View Post
Hi there,

My question is whether R1200RT radio can be blutoothet to both rider and passenger helmet, i.e both of them to hear the music ? I udestood that Zumo and mobile phone is not possible, however the radio unit should be enjoed by both rider and pillion.
Maybe someone with your same set up will chime in, but I don't think this will work because I assume your radio will only allow one bluetooth connection.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #202
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Hi there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Maybe someone with your same set up will chime in, but I don't think this will work because I assume your radio will only allow one bluetooth connection.
Does the RT1200 have built in BT on the factory radio or are you using some sort of BT device to get the audio from the the radio?

BT is generally a 1 to 1 connection so if the radio has a built in BT, then most likely no, only 1 helmet will be able to pair and connect at a time.

Now, if the factory radio has some sort of audio plug to plug headsets into to hear the music, there is another way. You could use a splitter and by using 2 separate BT transmitters, each of you would connect to your respective BT transmitter and therefore both be able to hear the music at the same time. The reason this works is because each of you have your own BT transmitter that you are paired to.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #203
Soty
Adventurer

The bike has its own built BT radio, where I saw there are options for helmet 1 and helmet 2 to pair. Some of the communications devices however can provide connection only with one of the helmets, i.e eithr helmet should have its own music source. I am wondering whether G4 has this capability
Old 02-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #204
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
The bike has its own built BT radio, where I saw there are options for helmet 1 and helmet 2 to pair. Some of the communications devices however can provide connection only with one of the helmets, i.e eithr helmet should have its own music source. I am wondering whether G4 has this capability
Well, if there is a helmet 1 & helmet 2 option built into the BT options on the radio, then its very possible it has 2 separate BT connections available for each helmet to pair to for music. Yes each helmet needs to connect specifically to a unique BT connection which in this case sounds like it might actually have 2 separate connections available. This should be an A2DP/AVRCP connection for each.

Not sure on your question on your 2nd part? Each G4 can pair with up to 2 other G4's (or other Scala headsets) on Channels A & B respectively. They each have 1 HFP/HSP connection available for phone or GPS. They also each have 1 A2DP/AVRCP connection available for music.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #205
AtLarge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Thank you Abendix. As a new G4 owner and not enough saddle time this helps immensely.
2008 GSX1300-BKK8 #1120
Cardo Scala rider G4 PowerSet
AtLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #206
Soty
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Well, if there is a helmet 1 & helmet 2 option built into the BT options on the radio, then its very possible it has 2 separate BT connections available for each helmet to pair to for music. Yes each helmet needs to connect specifically to a unique BT connection which in this case sounds like it might actually have 2 separate connections available. This should be an A2DP/AVRCP connection for each.

Not sure on your question on your 2nd part? Each G4 can pair with up to 2 other G4's (or other Scala headsets) on Channels A & B respectively. They each have 1 HFP/HSP connection available for phone or GPS. They also each have 1 A2DP/AVRCP connection available for music.
No, I am not speaking about about pairing of G4 with other riders. My question was specific for the R12RT radio. The manual clearly says that the radion can be paired with the two helmets having BMW comminication systems. So perhaps the answer of my questions is yes, both helmets can be paired , but only if they are equipped with BMW system. Meaning that this is nkt valid for G4.

I asked Cardo but their answer was they do not know the BMW radio. Thats why I was trying to find someone having G4 and two helmets - the test will be easy.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #207
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,832
Just saw the next generation called the G9 over at Revzilla. Looks like the big differences are it can be paired with more riders and bigger buttons for ease of use with gloves.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #208
Team OGR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post

Does this mean that you can have your phone BT to unit and have a different music source (like a sat radio with BT dongle) connected at the same time? I do not have a Zumo so I am trying to get both phone and sat radio connected without wires.

keith
Team OGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #209
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team OGR View Post
[/COLOR]

Does this mean that you can have your phone BT to unit and have a different music source (like a sat radio with BT dongle) connected at the same time? I do not have a Zumo so I am trying to get both phone and sat radio connected without wires.

keith
Yes with a caveat. If you have an iPhone, it won't work unless its jailbroken. Apparently in stock form, you can't do selective pairing on the iPhone, so it will grab both profiles. (Darn iPhone ) If its an Android phone, and running Android 2.2 or later, you can do selective pairing and tell it only to sync with the phone BT connection leaving the A2DP open for music from another device. If its a non smart phone, then no problem at all, it will only sync with the phone bt profile anyways. So basically, yes, that leaves the media BT Stereo profile open for a dongle connected to your Sat radio.

My Dad has the Zumo 550 (which doesn't do stereo BT). He syncs his Zumo to the G4 which is headset profile only, and also the phone to the Zumo so he can take calls through the Zumo. He tells the Zumo 550 to only route BT for phone which routes all other audio the audio out port. Then he plugs in a BT dongle to the audio out port on the Zumo and this takes the XM music and sends it to the G4 over the A2DP connection. Navigation instructions are also sent over this connection. It works great and keeps him wireless from all his devices.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #210
Team OGR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
If its an Android phone, and running Android 2.2 or later, you can do selective pairing and tell it only to sync with the phone BT connection leaving the A2DP open for music from another device. If its a non smart phone, then no problem at all, it will only sync with the phone bt profile anyways. So basically, yes, that leaves the media BT Stereo profile open for a dongle connected to your Sat radio.

-------------

That's great. So I have an Samsung Fascinate which runs Android 2.3.5. I have looked everywhere on the phone but I can't find where you can tell it to pair it with the BT connection only. Any ideas?

Keith
Team OGR is offline   Reply With Quote