Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #241
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,802
One interesting feature of the G4 - you can remove and replace it while your helmet's in place on your head! I even managed to do this while riding the other day, when I turned the unit off inadvertently and wanted to see what was going on with it.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #242
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

This is a "suggestion for improvement" I sent to Cardo Systems:

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to include, in the settings of the units you make, some way for users to set the priority of the various connections on the unit.

The reason I ask is that I would like my Garmin Montana's voice navigation directions which come from a wired output to not be the lowest priority when I plug that source into my G4's audio input.

If I could give it higher priority, I wouldn't have to keep turning everything else off to hear the navigation instructions.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #243
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,758
I got a message saying that I was registered as a G9 user and there is an update available. (I have a G4).... Has anyone checked to see if theres one available that works with the G4? ....I am at work right now or I would plug it in and check.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #244
Simplyred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I got a message saying that I was registered as a G9 user and there is an update available. (I have a G4).... Has anyone checked to see if theres one available that works with the G4? ....I am at work right now or I would plug it in and check.
Same for me. Looks like either they don't have their customer list up to spec or they are making mistakes in their mailing lists. I can't imagine that after one year of no updates they suddenly come out with an update for the G4 now they have the G9. But, hack, let's hope I am mistaken, the G4 is far from perfect yet!
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #245
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
I also got the notice even though it's a G4 I own so I went to Facebook and asked "Cardo Scala Rider" and this is the response:

"This particular update is for the G9 only. We are working hard to release a new update for the G4 and hope to make it available by first quarter of 2013. Your patience is appreciated. Have a great day!"
Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #246
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I also got the notice even though it's a G4 I own so I went to Facebook and asked "Cardo Scala Rider" and this is the response:

"This particular update is for the G9 only. We are working hard to release a new update for the G4 and hope to make it available by first quarter of 2013. Your patience is appreciated. Have a great day!"
Thanks Emmbeedee.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #247
Wistrick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
G4 Update

I plugged my G4 in the computer and ran the update software and it said there was an update 3.0 available so I installed it,,,,
Wistrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #248
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wistrick View Post
I plugged my G4 in the computer and ran the update software and it said there was an update 3.0 available so I installed it,,,,
You're only about 19 months late on this one: Version 3.0 March 2011

www.cardosystems.com/download/release-notes/g4
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #249
Wistrick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
that is strange cause I updated it before I went to Alaska in June......and I had the click to link feature before that... I wonder if I accidentally went back to 2.3 or do u lose ur update when you do a factory reset??? Did that last week

hmm

Dan
Wistrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #250
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
I updated the firmware and now it does not work as well

I just did the 3.0 firmware and not so happy. The on/ off process is streaky at best. I seem to have to do it twice to hear the " GPS connected" prompt and the acsending beeps. Overall I am not happy with the performance with my Zumo 665 unit. It is just inconsistent and I like the Jack in the Box clown " like things that work". Anyone else having more problems after doing the software upgrade?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #251
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
Anyone else having more problems after doing the software upgrade?
3.0 has been working well for me since I upgraded back in March when I started using the G4 series. I had Q2s before, and the G4 is far better.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #252
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,736
Anyone hand any issues pop up with the voice call? Mine was working with my Bionic but now will only make the last call. This is only supposed to work when pressing the mobile button twice. Also now the software on the computer will not read or write FM stations.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #253
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
Anyone hand any issues pop up with the voice call? Mine was working with my Bionic but now will only make the last call. This is only supposed to work when pressing the mobile button twice. Also now the software on the computer will not read or write FM stations.
So you can't receive a voice call or you can't make a voice call?
I have't had any issues, but then again it's December and I don't use my g4 when shoveling snow.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #254
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,736
Quote:
So you can't receive a voice call or you can't make a voice call?
I have't had any issues, but then again it's December and I don't use my g4 when shoveling snow.
It won't make a voice call. I used to be able to push the mobile button once then the phone goes into voice calling or activation mode. I just say call name mobile and it calls.

No snow here. Just lots of rain.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #255
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

The only problem I ever had with voice dialing... I had a phone where if someone had sent me a text message while riding when I hit voice.. it was indicating something other than voice dial to the phone. Sorry I cant be of more help. I wonder if theres a way to reinstall the firmware in case something got messed up.