Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #256
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,736
Thanks for trying. I figured it out. The Voice Command program went to the defaults when my Bionic was updated to Ice Cream Sandwich. I just had to Deselect all or the majority is the junk selected. Just a little detail to help anyone else with the same problem. Odd thing is it did not affect my Blue Tooth ear piece.

KEYWORDS: android ICS Motorola

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #257
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

Oddometer: 2,472
I know this is an OLD thread, BUT! has anyone found a source for batteries for the G4?

I can't seem to find one

I never plan a ride, just the destination and that's always subject to change.
STUFF2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #258
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

found one....

Really! I can't believe Scala Rider Cardo! why in the world when you have a great product not support it with over the top customer service?

All I wanted was to buy a battery for my out of warranty G4. NOPE! they won't sell me one. They will install it for $49 plus shipping. But not once I opened the unit, don't understand this one either. It's not a sealed unit and has 4 torx screws that hold it together. Battery just plugs in.

Found a 3.7v 900mah wPCB (stock is 800) battery for $9 shipped to my door.

I "was" the happiest G4 owner on earth until this WTF! Cardo!

If and when I shop for a new BT headset I will shop elsewhere now. Dumb move on their part. IMO

Old 05-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #259
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUFF2C View Post
found one....

Really! I can't believe Scala Rider Cardo! why in the world when you have a great product not support it with over the top customer service?

All I wanted was to buy a battery for my out of warranty G4. NOPE! they won't sell me one. They will install it for $49 plus shipping. But not once I opened the unit, don't understand this one either. It's not a sealed unit and has 4 torx screws that hold it together. Battery just plugs in.

Found a 3.7v 900mah wPCB (stock is 800) battery for $9 shipped to my door.

I "was" the happiest G4 owner on earth until this WTF! Cardo!

If and when I shop for a new BT headset I will shop elsewhere now. Dumb move on their part. IMO

Link? How long did your battery last?

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #260
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

here you are...

Hang back ordering yours until I have mine in hand and installed. Ill let you know how and if it works. all the spec's are correct, but "Hey" ya never know.

My first battery (the original) lasted a little over two years.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #261
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Foam wind sock

Anyone know where to get a replacement foam wind sock for a G4? I am on the spare That came with the headset. A local dealer was no help.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #262
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!

try a music store, just a thought, they sell all types of microphones

Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #263
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,802
I have an iPhone and Siri (voice activation) stopped working on the Scala, so in trying to figure out why I found the solution is to 'Forget the device' on the phone, then pair it up again and all is back to normal now.

Just for the record...
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #264
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
Anyone know where to get a replacement foam wind sock for a G4? I am on the spare That came with the headset. A local dealer was no help.
Scala sells spares on their web site - didn't check for socks, but I've bought other bits and pieces - like the coiled mp3 cord, and mounting kits. Pretty sure I saw the foam socks.
396427454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #265
xorti
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Scala is the great product when it works, but usually it DOES NOT WORK.
The bluetooth connection is very unstable, it may drop with no reason and you need to restart unit so it will reconnect. I am using Google Nexus phone.
The software of the intercom is so buggy so it may freeze and the only way to reset cargo is to wait until it discharges and turn off by itself. There is no hardware power on/off button or reset button.
Keep this is mind if you are in the middle of your trip or abroad an it freezes, it would be imposible to use frozen unit. And because you have to use two of them to talk to your passenger, risk is doubled.
I thought I need to warn every one who want to buy this units they are very unstable. My unit stopped responding in the middle of the trip and I had a "brick" mounted to my helmet which I can't use. I have two units and both of them had same issues. Both units were running lates Version 3.0 – March 2011. Now is 2013 LOL.
The only way to fix this is to buy different more reelable intercom.

xorti screwed with this post 05-17-2013 at 02:25 AM
xorti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #266
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396427454 View Post
Scala sells spares on their web site - didn't check for socks, but I've bought other bits and pieces - like the coiled mp3 cord, and mounting kits. Pretty sure I saw the foam socks.
I fkund it. Thanks. They have a flat version.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #267
rmarkr
Squatter

Oddometer: 384
Dumped my Cardo sets

I have a G4 and a G9. After years of frustration I have taken them out of the helmets.
Our problem was the intercom. Only the G4 could initiate the intercom session. Many calls were made to the (helpful) support line. We would normally get the sets setup and working before we took off - but sure enough, after a a conversation or two, the shit would start. It just pissed me off to the point that I am not going to persevere any longer.
There are too many controls and options to remember them all, despite cheat sheets and pouring over the user manuals. Just push one button out of sequence, and you won't recover. Further, the units would not always respond predictably, and would need a reboot - not easy on the move.
Not sure where to go now - I might try the Sena units.
rmarkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #268
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkr View Post
I have a G4 and a G9. After years of frustration I have taken them out of the helmets.
Our problem was the intercom. Only the G4 could initiate the intercom session. Many calls were made to the (helpful) support line. We would normally get the sets setup and working before we took off - but sure enough, after a a conversation or two, the shit would start. It just pissed me off to the point that I am not going to persevere any longer.
There are too many controls and options to remember them all, despite cheat sheets and pouring over the user manuals. Just push one button out of sequence, and you won't recover. Further, the units would not always respond predictably, and would need a reboot - not easy on the move.
Not sure where to go now - I might try the Sena units.
Not trying to bash the Scala units as plenty of people like them and have enjoyed them, but I would definitely give the Sena SMH10 units a try if you have become frustrated with the Cardo Scala units. We had the Q2's and G4's between my wife, Dad, & I and we found similar issues with connectivity and frustration (mainly with the G4). Even though Scala has tried to make their units backwards compatible with previous generation, it seems to be hit or miss on how and when they actually successfully connect to each other. We had the same issue where only the G4 could connect to the Q2 and not vice versa. It would take multiple resets to get everything working, but as soon as you screwed up somewhere, you were back to square 1.

The Sena's are simple to operate with only 2 buttons and they work like they should. We all really enjoy them. I love the jog dial on the Sena's for its simplicity, but even more than that, I find that the Sena's do a much better job of reliably connecting when you get out of range and come back in to range multiple times. We frequently ran into issues with the Scala's that they wouldn't want to reconnect after you were out of a range multiple times in a row like when you are dual sport riding and constantly getting out of range.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #269
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,179
Will the Scalas and the Senas sync up to each other?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #270
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
Will the Scalas and the Senas sync up to each other?
Nope, all the various headsets out there use their own proprietary system to hold an intercom conversation over BT.

Now the Sena SR10 can be used to add a 2 way radio to the equation and anyone with a 2 way radio on that same frequency could communicate regardless of what headset they are using. The Sena SR10 will sync up to other headsets including the various Cardo Scala headets using the standand headset profile. If both people using the Sena SR10 or some combination to communicate with a 2 way radio, then they communicate over that device.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote