ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
YamaLink OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 279
B-King owners. Glad ya got one or regret?

Huge. Ugly. Yet so cool looking. When I heard a FMF-equipped all black B-King while on vacation it's been on my mind ever since. It had a small windscreen and some bags.

Am I delusional for thinking it'd make a good weekend sport tourer? My riding partner has a 36" inseam so I presume she'd be hating life.....that's okay cuz it'd be a good excuse to make it the "solo" bike.

Local dealer has brand new 08 for $8000 asking price.

Anyone own one? Pros and cons, please.

Or would the weight get old; there are powerful naked bikes which weigh at least 100 pounds less such as the new Z1000. But that B-King is just so bad.
YamaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
a1fa
Riding Nomad™
 
a1fa's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 13,497
$8000 is way too much for an old 2008 bike that did not sell well.. as soon as you walk out of that dealer you will be taking a $5000 hit.
__________________
Learn to ride. Ride to learn.
a1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink
Huge. Ugly. Yet so cool looking. When I heard a FMF-equipped all black B-King while on vacation it's been on my mind ever since. It had a small windscreen and some bags.

Am I delusional for thinking it'd make a good weekend sport tourer? My riding partner has a 36" inseam so I presume she'd be hating life.....that's okay cuz it'd be a good excuse to make it the "solo" bike.

Local dealer has brand new 08 for $8000 asking price.

Anyone own one? Pros and cons, please.

Or would the weight get old; there are powerful naked bikes which weigh at least 100 pounds less such as the new Z1000. But that B-King is just so bad.


I think it is cool & that is a lot of bike for $8K

Have you looked at what else you can spend 8K on out there?

20 years from now it will be super rare.

36" inseam? Sounds awesome, I'd buy whatever she wants.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
2slow
Road toad
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Stafford, VA
Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa
$8000 is way too much for an old 2008 bike that did not sell well.. as soon as you walk out of that dealer you will be taking a $5000 hit.
Not wishing to be too rude, but are you mental or just kidding? At $8000 Suzuki is taking the $5000 hit, the price is about right, not overwhelming but definitely in the ballpark. There are a few on Ebay around that price and a couple sold recently for $7000 and $7600. Not a bike on my wish list but if it was the $8000 price would be tempting.
2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,497
I think they look cool, but they are heavier and less powerful than the 'Busa? How did they manage that?
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider
 
SimpleSimon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Oddometer: 3,387
My only complaints about the B-king as a bike was the exhaust. Those are pretty amazing bikes that I believe will become collectors items down the road. Very unique.
__________________
5f? Is that like riding down a 90 degree cliff face into a lake of fire? I thought 4f was bad. Abdelhub

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3
 
Badge320's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Oddometer: 3,527
Funny to see this thread today..I stopped in a small mom and pop multi line dealer today and they have a B-King on the floor. Brand new, pushed into the corner and covered in a foot of dust, with cobwebs in the wheels. I asked the shop owner how much he would take for the B-King. I was told "$10,000". I told him I have seen them on the internet for 7999.00. No counter offer...he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
ZG-MAC
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: 22 miles from Aspen
Oddometer: 63
B-King GT or ST

Just got back from a 2000 bike camping trip in WY,MT,AND ID. This is an outstanding sport touring bike. In less than 30 minutes it will go from Street fighter to Tourer. 45MPG, Sick Ex out of the hole, and smooth at any speed.
Loaded still great in the twisties. Maybe a little small in the gas tank dept.
__________________
Now; B-King,,1250 Bandit, XR650l
Then; Trail 90,cb/cl450,canam 175 k75,r1100r,919,1200s Bandit 1200S and a 600s,dr350,dr650,04 Wee,st1300, Vee, klr650,Ktm 450exc,05 Wee, DRZ400s,and Xr250
ZG-MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
ZG-MAC
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: 22 miles from Aspen
Oddometer: 63
Look at the B-King thread some of us have taken a differant path.
__________________
Now; B-King,,1250 Bandit, XR650l
Then; Trail 90,cb/cl450,canam 175 k75,r1100r,919,1200s Bandit 1200S and a 600s,dr350,dr650,04 Wee,st1300, Vee, klr650,Ktm 450exc,05 Wee, DRZ400s,and Xr250
ZG-MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
bootzilla
Blah Blah, Woof Woof
 
bootzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Other Desert Cities, CA
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa
$8000 is way too much for an old 2008 bike that did not sell well.. as soon as you walk out of that dealer you will be taking a $5000 hit.
I would like to know where used 2008 B-Kings are going for 3K - I want to go to there, and buy one.
__________________
Todd - '97 Motorcycle...
...and - another '97 Motorcycle

5 Different Nachos
bootzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #11
Tropical Bird
From the front line
 
Tropical Bird's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 1,004
I love mine.

Wonderful, wonderful engine. Handles very well for a big girl.

Great brakes.

Truly a collectable.

Like riding a rocket powered armchair.
__________________
Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife! To all the sensual world proclaim. One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name.
Tropical Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #12
Big Steve
Banned
 
Big Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Saint Joseph MO
Oddometer: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZG-MAC
Look at the B-King thread some of us have taken a differant path.
Talk about a sleeper -
Big Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #13
Yamadavidson
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yamadavidson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Temecula Ca
Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow
Not wishing to be too rude, but are you mental or just kidding? At $8000 Suzuki is taking the $5000 hit, the price is about right, not overwhelming but definitely in the ballpark. There are a few on Ebay around that price and a couple sold recently for $7000 and $7600. Not a bike on my wish list but if it was the $8000 price would be tempting.

+1...... Id buy everyone I could get my hands on for $3k.
Yamadavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge320
Funny to see this thread today..I stopped in a small mom and pop multi line dealer today and they have a B-King on the floor. Brand new, pushed into the corner and covered in a foot of dust, with cobwebs in the wheels. I asked the shop owner how much he would take for the B-King. I was told "$10,000". I told him I have seen them on the internet for 7999.00. No counter offer...he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.
You should learn how to converse with people who aren't a carbon copy of you.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer
 
PeteN95's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Muk, WA
Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZG-MAC
Maybe a little small in the gas tank dept.
?!?! I can't imagine a larger gas tank than that, it looks like my kitchen table from the seat!?!
__________________
"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'"

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014