Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95
?!?! I can't imagine a larger gas tank than that, it looks like my kitchen table from the seat!?!
Most of that is plastic and not an actual gas tank though, right?

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

Oddometer: 3,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven
You should learn how to converse with people who aren't a carbon copy of you.
So that's what you got out of this post ? I wanted to engage the salesman in a discussion about this bike. When I mentioned the internet he walked off. Do you think his lack of initiative is the reason this particular bike sits in the corner covered in dust..? I'm not going to chase after a salesman who shows he isn't interested in talking up his product. Additionally, I didn't have an "attitude" when I told the salesman about the internet pricing..I merely mentioned it.

The bike isn't bad looking when the stock exhaust is replaced. I'm also of the opinion this bike is going to be a collector's item one day.

Lighten up man....life is short.
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge320
So that's what you got out of this post ?
Here's my free ProTip of the day for you:
Keep quiet about the internet when you're in a mom and pop shop that's being starved to death by it.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,323
definitely a collector's bike. This one will go up in value, eventually.

my problem is, I would ride the wheels off of it first.
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #20
jasonc32amg
Hello Gubner

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Keep quiet about the internet when you're in a mom and pop shop that's being starved to death by it.
Boo hoo. My wife and I own a small biz, you evolve or die. If you want to blame technology for opening the market and destroying market asymetries then go ahead but that won't save the "mom & pop". I bought both my KLR and ZX10 from small local dealerships at internet competitive prices. Survivors and thrivers don't keep thier head in the sand.

As with the others I'll take that $3k B-King.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

Quote:
That particular mom and pop shop isn't being "starved to death by the internet".

Why should I pay 3,000 dollars above what fair market value is for that motorcycle..just to keep the mom and pop shop in business...? I don't think so. I don't mind paying a little above average to support a small town business..but 3,000 is a lot of money to me.

My main point is if the mom and pop salesman tried a little harder..that bike might be off the showroom floor.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
Scalzitti
Adventure Driven

Oddometer: 445
About 4/5 months ago someone was advertising their B-King here. I did a very quick search and gave up. If you haven't already looked, you may want to spend some time with the advanced search option. I had looked at trading bikes with this fellow inmate, but we couldn't settle on a deal that either one of us liked enough to pull the trigger on. I'll look some more later and if I find anything, I'll edit this post. Larry
Old 09-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

One thing on the price and the 3,000 difference. The 7999 was OTD. I assumed the 10,000 quoted by the salesman was before all the dealership charges and taxes. Just wanted to clarify that.....

I wonder just how much money has been lost over 2 years on that bike..I'm assuming it's floor planned....
Old 09-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #24
jagred
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Our local dealer chooses to keep bikes sitting on the showroom floor for years, rather than negotiate lower prices. They'll throw in a $100 helmet though to sweeten the deal.
jagred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #25
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon
Most of that is plastic and not an actual gas tank though, right?
Right. The actual capacity of the tank is 16.5l (which equals 4.4 of your gallons, apparently). So it's nowhere near as huge as it seems!
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #26
ZG-MAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
I do not know of an owner or past owner that didn’t like the B-King. It is like your really turned on lover, exciting, powerful and like a piece of clay you can do anything you desire with them. The King could become the new Blackbird. Last fall you could find them for $8500 AND this spring a dealer in Salt Lake had 4 for $7500. This could be close to the bottom for brand new bikes. Like a lot of bikes they were brought here to fill a nitch that most of us in the US don’t understand, a “Street Fighter” “What the ---- over”. They didn’t sell, but there is an excellent bike in there and cheap enough now that you can afford to mold that 170 hp piece of clay into something that can compete with your girl.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #27
andruboz
Serial overfiller

Oddometer: 5,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZG-MAC
I do not know of an owner or past owner that didn’t like the B-King. It is like your really turned on lover, exciting, powerful and like a piece of clay you can do anything you desire with them. The King could become the new Blackbird. Last fall you could find them for $8500 AND this spring a dealer in Salt Lake had 4 for $7500. This could be close to the bottom for brand new bikes. Like a lot of bikes they were brought here to fill a nitch that most of us in the US don’t understand, a “Street Fighter” “What the ---- over”. They didn’t sell, but there is an excellent bike in there and cheap enough now that you can afford to mold that 170 hp piece of clay into something that can compete with your girl.
the super cheap prices drive me nuts. I went to trade my z750 for a bking and heard the line the lowest they could ever possibly go was $9999 plus shipping assembly doc fees and reg. [about 11,300. minus 3300 for the z750]

went home with a bandit instead. sorta like shopping for a corvette and coming home with an impala. [a nice impala but its no corvette]

hey i shoulda read post #7. the $10k price must be a texas thing.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #28
ramon
weezin' the juice!

Oddometer: 1,104
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZG-MAC
Look at the B-King thread some of us have taken a differant path.

I love that set up. Way to make it your own
Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #29
ZG-MAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Hey Boz look on Traderonline there are 105 B-Kings listed and 15 less than $8000. AZ, FL,WA,and CA you can find them for $7700. Good Luck
Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #30
DCopp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagred
Our local dealer chooses to keep bikes sitting on the showroom floor for years, rather than negotiate lower prices. They'll throw in a $100 helmet though to sweeten the deal.
That is not very sweet at all....who are they trying to kid?
DCopp is offline   Reply With Quote