Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva
I did a similar ride today from camp verde. Schnebly hill to lake mary rd to winona and back through clints well. Did it on the elefant, nice ride.

-John
Hey John did u have good weather? Which trail u took to Winona ?
DR650SEDDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #17
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,136
I think it was fr82. The weather was a little windy towards the end but overall it was good.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #18
Mil T
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
U should have join us to see z rough stuff. I don't recommend big bike for this type of rides. And those field with z flowers don't let them fool u these are extremly dangerous terrains to cross. Rocks and sharp ones are hidden under these beautiful flowers and grass u can't really see them untill it's too late even with my stabilizer i had crazy head shakes. Less stops more riding z longivity of z ride makes it more difficult as well. For example u must be ready to hit terrain like this after z fact that u already rode an aggraveted trails for over 120 miles (uphill steeper than it appears) .

Yea I would have like to but I'm pretty old and way out of shape to be doing that tough stuff. I would have just held you guys up probably. Nice ride report though.

Mil T
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva
I think it was fr82. The weather was a little windy towards the end but overall it was good.

-John
Was it too rough on ur Elephant with all those rocks and bumps on fr82 ??
Old 09-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #20
AZ4us
AZ Explorer

Oddometer: 268
Eddy

AZ4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #21
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T
Yea I would have like to but I'm pretty old and way out of shape to be doing that tough stuff. I would have just held you guys up probably. Nice ride report though.

Mil T
There is a ride already planned for z 1st week of October if ur available I am duplicating "Ash Fork Ride" to z Grand Canyon off-rd it's considerably easier than this one but long as well and there is a lot of bail out point for riders to exit to z safety of blacktop . In fact Az Tom(Dad) did it with us with ease and he's turning 70 next month. This ride could be his birthday's present ride . So ur more than welcome to join us ...
Old 09-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #22
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,681
i had a fant for a while, if ridden with proper respect it would go about anywhere i wanted it to.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #23
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Was it too rough on ur Elephant with all those rocks and bumps on fr82 ??
It was not too bad. I have upgraded the suspension a little.

I took only 2 pictures the whole trip. Here is one.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com

azcagiva screwed with this post 09-06-2010 at 08:05 AM Reason: added pic
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #24
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Nice ride & pics! i'm very familiar with that area.. like you say, lots of tough terrain in those mountains. I also recognize the long valley gas station & restaurant you stopped at on the way back.

I was up that way a couple of weeks back.. We took the wynona ranch road up.. the yellow flowers were still blooming.. morman lake was a field of yellow.

It's getting tougher to find routes through the upper lake mary road area.. FS has closed off some of the roads to the west of fr3, aka lake mary road. There used to be a nice spot with springs you could cross & come out by mountainaire, but now you have to go to morman lake road & cut over to munds park to go west. Fortunately, to the east, it's still pretty open... rocky, but open.

AzTom (Dad) is supposed to be in utah riding with Kim, Bryan, & i during his birthday week.. unless he's figured out how to be in 2 places at once! ..could be.. he's very resourceful..

I've seen that powerline road on the map up to wynona.. looks tough. I usually go up the wynona ranch road. It's hard enough! The powerline road looks harder.. they usually are.

Good riding.. enjoyed the report..
scotty
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #25
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek
Nice ride & pics!looks tough. I usually go up the wynona ranch road. It's hard enough! The powerline road looks harder.. they usually are.

Good riding.. enjoyed the report..
scotty
Thanks Scotty I hope Dad is doing o.k. i had to do z power line rd, some of these terrains will be closed soon for winter. Z power line rd are really rough stuff (almost 17.4 miles of rocks packed over more rocks) after all that's why my ride is called "Rough it Up" .

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 12-15-2010 at 06:39 PM
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #26
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,520
Quote:
There is a ride already planned for z 1st week of October if ur available I am duplicating "Ash Fork Ride" to z Grand Canyon off-rd it's considerably easier than this one but long as well and there is a lot of bail out point for riders to exit to z safety of blacktop . In fact Az Tom(Dad) did it with us with ease and he's turning 70 next month. This ride could be his birthday's present ride . So ur more than welcome to join us ...
If you make it the second Sun. I will try & make it. I will get home Friday, wash the bike Sat. & ride Sun?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #27
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM
If you make it the second Sun. I will try & make it. I will get home Friday, wash the bike Sat. & ride Sun?
Tom, aren't you going on a long planned group dual sport ride on saturday? Your birthday week is going to be full!
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #28
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Tom, aren't you going on a long planned group dual sport ride on saturday? Your birthday week is going to be full!
On Tom's birthday wow I like to join u guys on his ride but not this weekend . If u guys can make it next weekend that would be great
Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #29
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,520
Quote:
Am in Westerville Ohio. What a georgeous place. Crossed the Mississippi & Ohio river yesterday & after not riding motorcycles in two weeks I thought about jumping off the bridge I think the Dual Sport ride is on the 23rd & 24th. I thought if I got back from the ride in Utah for my birthday (all expenses paid trip) on the 8th I could wash the bike & ride with the boys on the 10TH?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #30
Psycho18th
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Eddie,
Glad this thread got resurrected on the DRZ400 thread. Great report. Looks like some of the same stuff I did last weekend. Can't believe those flowers.
Psycho
00 and '07 YAM TTR 90s (kids' bikes)
89 Lockheed F-16C (Work vehicle )
Psycho18th is offline   Reply With Quote