ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #9601
Hunsta
Have guns will hunt
 
Hunsta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Gympie Queensland Australia
Oddometer: 5,457
Is the Australian Olympic Committee that narrow minded

Is it just me or is Nick Darcey getting a raw deal. So they posted a pic of themselves holding some firearms. They had been at a legal shooting range and were enjoying the experience. Now no matter what your stance on firearms are, they were not doing anything illegal. Yet why are they being punished so. You can bet your bottom dollar that if it were Micheal Diamond, our Olympic Gold medal winner, no one would have bat an eyelid.
Come on Olympic committee. These guys have done nothing wrong in anyone's eyes but your very narrow line of sight.
__________________
I REALLY AM A NICE GUY. JUST ASK ANYONE WHO HASN`T MET ME.
Hunsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #9602
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Nope, I sold the 650 and I class the other one as a Ural.
Well I suppose it is now over half a Russian rust bucket
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #9603
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsta View Post
Is it just me or is Nick Darcey getting a raw deal. So they posted a pic of themselves holding some firearms. They had been at a legal shooting range and were enjoying the experience. Now no matter what your stance on firearms are, they were not doing anything illegal. Yet why are they being punished so. You can bet your bottom dollar that if it were Micheal Diamond, our Olympic Gold medal winner, no one would have bat an eyelid.
Come on Olympic committee. These guys have done nothing wrong in anyone's eyes but your very narrow line of sight.
Couldn't agree more even tho I couldn't give a rats ass about the Olympricks.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #9604
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist
 
Phil_Fong's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Land of Schnitzels
Oddometer: 12,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Ural infection..............................cool


__________________
tEAM nONG - Quorn Schnitzel Club

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #9605
marlboroughlad
crash bang wallop
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: bop, nz
Oddometer: 1,160
The media created the gun story beat up themselves with some fairly emotive language to start with. None of it impartial.

Ch9 then had a poll and only about 20% gave a shit, whereapon they eased up on the rhetoric. D'arcys old man pretty much said it for the rest of us.

The olympic committee are just pc wankers.

Anyone who sees any connection betw that and gun crime is hysterical.
marlboroughlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #9606
Hunsta
Have guns will hunt
 
Hunsta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Gympie Queensland Australia
Oddometer: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroughlad View Post
The media created the gun story beat up themselves with some fairly emotive language to start with. None of it impartial.

Ch9 then had a poll and only about 20% gave a shit, whereapon they eased up on the rhetoric. D'arcys old man pretty much said it for the rest of us.

The olympic committee are just pc wankers.

Anyone who sees any connection betw that and gun crime is hysterical.
And yet the poor bastards will now have their Olympic experience reduced to a mere swim meet.
There should be some way the general public should be able to tell these knobheads they have taken their actions too far.
__________________
I REALLY AM A NICE GUY. JUST ASK ANYONE WHO HASN`T MET ME.
Hunsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #9607
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by barra View Post
What happened to the team drongo thread??.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18870069
__________________


QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011. N
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #9608
nevgriff64 OP
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Thanks PBee.

Posting the same thread in 4 different forums is very much a no-no. I merged them together and placed the thread in inmates. it won't please everyone but I did what I thought was right at the time.

Good luck to ALL the guys on this ride, I hope everyone gets behind them for this worthwhile cause.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #9609
gsd4me
90% bluff
 
gsd4me's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Oddometer: 7,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsta View Post
[B][SIZE=2] Is it just me or is Nick Darcey getting a raw deal.
Channel 9, like a lot of people think that D`Arcy is a piece of shit, so they are using any excuse, however spurious to ride him. If he at least made an effort to pay the damages awarded against him I`m sure they wouldn`t be so harsh.
__________________
David Hunn:
R100GS Ray Peake special.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #9610
JBtourer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney,NSW,Aus
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsta View Post
Is it just me or is Nick Darcey getting a raw deal. So they posted a pic of themselves holding some firearms. They had been at a legal shooting range and were enjoying the experience. Now no matter what your stance on firearms are, they were not doing anything illegal. Yet why are they being punished so. You can bet your bottom dollar that if it were Micheal Diamond, our Olympic Gold medal winner, no one would have bat an eyelid.
Come on Olympic committee. These guys have done nothing wrong in anyone's eyes but your very narrow line of sight.
It's not just you Hunsta. It's you,me and probably the majority of regular people.

This is a deadset media beat up. They have decided that Nick Darcy is in their sights and they will take the self righteous attitude to anything he does.

Regardless of what we may think of Darcy's past form in this instance they haven't a case to answer as far as I'm concerned.

Sometimes I think that we are becoming a very miserable society. But as Kris Kristofferson said " Everybody's got to have somebody to look down on".

JBtourer
JBtourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #9611
barra
trying to get there
 
barra's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Townsville
Oddometer: 1,324
Thanks Pbee, I wonder why it was put over there??

AS for the gun photo of darcey and co. The usual shit the media trolls up . The so called media these days are really the bottom of the barrel when it comes to professions.
barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #9612
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by barra View Post
Thanks Pbee, I wonder why it was put over there??

AS for the gun photo of darcey and co. The usual shit the media trolls up . The so called media these days are really the bottom of the barrel when it comes to professions.
Olympic committe must be a bunch of your Cockheads Barra? , Cowley and Co have been sanctioned so that once they have finished swimming in London they must return home immediatley. So it's okay to represent Australia for one week but not 2 bunch of wankers.
__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #9613
barra
trying to get there
 
barra's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Townsville
Oddometer: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
Olympic committe must be a bunch of your Cockheads Barra? , Cowley and Co have been sanctioned so that once they have finished swimming in London they must return home immediatley. So it's okay to represent Australia for one week but not 2 bunch of wankers.
Na OBJ, I reckon the majority of us cockheads are an honest bunch. I mean your a cockhead for owning a KLR, but we still love ya .

It's the sly, backstabbing, twofaced, lets collect our pay off the taxpayer, things, that we have to put up with.
barra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #9614
woopwoop
will think for food
 
woopwoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Gympie-ympie-ympie-ie-ie-e
Oddometer: 5,136
Motorcyclist honoured

ORDER OF AUSTRALIA

MEMBER (AM) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION


For service to the performing arts.....



woopwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #9615
Cruz
Lost but laughing.
 
Cruz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northside Brisbane, Qld Australia
Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopwoop View Post
ORDER OF AUSTRALIA

MEMBER (AM) IN THE GENERAL DIVISION


For service to the performing arts.....




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9ma...e_gdata_player
__________________
"I reckon it would be good getting a heap of XR's in the one spot and watching a heap of blokes kicking fuck out of there bikes and swearing."

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014