Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhack
You didn't miss much by not riding the Dragon this weekend. My daughter and I rode it yesterday. I was an annoying pirate parade. Try to go up during the week or on a abnormally warm late fall day - when the crowds are not there.
Good advice, the place is a victim of its own popularity. Hanging around the motel at Deals Gap can be cool, lots of interesting bikes and it's good to say you rode the Dragon at least once.
If you decide you like the area you'll find a number of roads that are better than the Dragon and much less crowded.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #17
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,417
C'mon Mr Bob: A little sharing wont do any damage!!

I know Rainmaster will gladly appreciate any good advise from you ( hence me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob
Good advice, the place is a victim of its own popularity. Hanging around the motel at Deals Gap can be cool, lots of interesting bikes and it's good to say you rode the Dragon at least once.
If you decide you like the area you'll find a number of roads that are better than the Dragon and much less crowded.

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #18
Rainmaster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle
Rainmaster.....I'm the guy with the cracked ribs you saw at Mike's and the cafe' on Sat. I actually rode my Goldwing home Sun. and Mon. to MD not VA, towing my DR-Z400S behind it on a trailer. Got home safe, but sore and spent yesterday and today visiting the doc and talking to insurance co. I had two get-offs on Friday and ended up with a helicopter ride to the UT Memorial Hospital Trauma Center in Knoxville....added a little excitement to my day. I was in Tellico picking up my bike from the tow company and getting my boots & gloves from EMS (the only things that didn't get cut to shreds in the ambu.) Pic of my rig attached from my NM & CO trip last month.
Brian
Hello Brian

Glad to hear that you made it home safe. You drove the Goldwing and trailer all the way back to MD? You are indeed a tough guy, riding that rig back as sore as you were when I last saw you. Be safe out there!

Carlos

Rainmaster screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 04:35 PM
Rainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #19
Rainmaster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob
Mr. Bob,

Agreed. It was crazy busy over the w-end. I want to do the Dragon but I will wait to do it on a less crowded w-end or weekday. Part of the reason is like you mentioned, that I have already discovered plenty of roads that are keeping me busy and with little or no crowds or LEO's.

I guess I need to take some pictures of the "pirate parade" lines seen over the w-ends at the Dragon to show locorider! I love bikes in general (I owned a cruiser until very recently) but the crowded conditions in a road like the Dragon, I can do without.

Rainmaster screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 04:45 PM
Rainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #20
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,417
Looking forward for this trip in the coming weeks...although the weather forecast doesnt look promising...but we'll do it!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote