User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
canadasax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Wandering around Washington

Five of us took a little exploring tour around northern Washington this weekend. The weather was perfect!

Ktm 950 Adv
Ktm 690 SM
Honda Transalp
2 Suzuki Vstroms

We crossed the border at Midway and found a nice little dirt road called Tonata Creek Road. This road wandered through the bush and came out at Republic.

We had lunch in Republic and then headed down highway 20. We found a road called Hall Creek Road.
We wandered around in there for a while until we got stopped by a tree fallen across the road. We turned around and headed down another road called McMann Creek road. This took us out to Highway 21.

We headed south on Highway 21 and turned on to Gold Creek Road. We followed this south and came out at Nespelem. I have no pictures from this section. :(

We headed south and spent a few moments at Grand Coulee Dam.

From Grand Coulee we headed East on Peter Dan Road - Manila Creek Road over to highway 21. We headed north on highway 21 for a few miles and turned east on to Silver Creek Road.

Once we hit Lake Roosevelt we started to look for a place to camp. We found a nice little spot right on the edge of the lake. Beautiful!

The next morning we headed north and didn't do too much exploring as one of the Suzuki's started to have charging problems.

We just swapped the batteries between the two Vstroms and made it back home, safe and sound.

(just a note.....I got to ride the vstrom 650 for a while, I have to say that I was impressed!)

KTMKen
canadasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
BusyWeb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
BusyWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,972
Battery testing?

Tell me about that last picture. Is someone doing the "test the battery acid with your tongue" trick?

I'm very jealous of your trip guys. I live in Spokane and have yet to get up there on my bike. Time to get off the lard butt and make the time to do it before the snow falls!

Meet you in Republic some time!

Dale, the Old Fart
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
canadasax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X
Tell me about that last picture. Is someone doing the "test the battery acid with your tongue" trick?

Dale, the Old Fart

He was having trouble getting the terminal bolt to thread onto to the nut. He used a piece of grass or a stick to try and hold the nut up. I think that is what he has in his mouth. I saved the day by whipping out the leatherman.

That is my explanation.
canadasax is offline   Reply With Quote