User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
darkrider25ca OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
1976 Yamaha DT250C Project

I picked this bike up back in 2012 after a deal i had set up on a CB900 fell through and i ended up doing another search on Kijiji for something interesting to play with. When i first bought the bike it had messed up handlebars and mirrors on it. One of the first changes i did to it was install a new MSR CR Mid height Handle bar as well as a pair of Ken Sean bar end mirrors. And well thats about as far as i got with changes since i ended up enjoying riding the bike more then initially planned lol. I had originally bought it to have something to ride while my '85 Honda VF750F Interceptor was in the shop getting some work done.....anyways everyone loves pics so here are some the older ones i have of the bike when i first got it.

darkrider25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #2
darkrider25ca OP
n00b

Parts installed so far:

MSR CR Mid height Handle bars
Renthal dual compound grips
Ken Sean carbon fiber mirrors

Parts still needed:

Battery (honda dealer sold me the wrong type and didnt even fill it)
Fork seals/Dust caps
Chain and sprockets
new rear shocks

Most recent pics i have of the bike...taken mid '13 if i recall correctly

Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
darkrider25ca OP
n00b

Ack..i may have inadvertently placed this thread in the wrong section of the forum...still getting used to the lay out and assumed this area was for project builds...So if i am in fact in the wrong spot with this mods feel free to move it to where it belongs. My bad!
Old 03-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
Lookinforadventure
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Looks like a really cool old vintage 2 smoke!

Reminds me of my old KE125 that I did some revitalizing to last summer. Those old aircooled 2 strokes sure are fun!

Are you going more for a cafe racer style or just a proper 50/50 street/dirt vintage enduro?

"It’s a world with 20,000 television channels...get as far away from it as you can."
Lookinforadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #5
darkrider25ca OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforadventure View Post
Looks like a really cool old vintage 2 smoke!

Reminds me of my old KE125 that I did some revitalizing to last summer. Those old aircooled 2 strokes sure are fun!

Are you going more for a cafe racer style or just a proper 50/50 street/dirt vintage enduro?
It will be probably be staying a 50/50 enduro. The bar end mirrors were a change made to allow me to see behind me better and to replace the single mirror that came with it that had stripped threads on its base. When i send it in to get the front fork seals done i am most likely getting the dust boots replaced with proper dirtbike fork boots. One of the things that has slowed me down on it is doing stuff like the front end since i do not have the proper work facilities to do so properly. But now that i have a more usable budget i can bomb ahead and get things done again!

Main changes planned:

Fork boots instead of dust seals (part of front end rebuild)
Replace rear shocks with longer ones to bring the tail up a bit. I have heard that Yamaha XT500 shocks work nicely for this.
Research XS650 front end swap a bit more and decide if i want to make that radical of change to the bike. This front end swap allows me to gain a front disk brake but the problem i have with it is the forks are a bit shorter in length then the stock front end...Plus i have gotten used to riding with the drum front brake so.....That ones up in the air atm.