Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #76
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 234
In fact, we should start talking about the 2nd BAM. Robson, Evandro, where are you?

Meanwhile, my friends here in Brasilia are planning a day trip to Cavalcante - GO next month. I will make a ride report as well!

Abraços,
Linhares
Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #77
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares
In fact, we should start talking about the 2nd BAM. Robson, Evandro, where are you?

Meanwhile, my friends here in Brasilia are planning a day trip to Cavalcante - GO next month. I will make a ride report as well!

Abraços,
Linhares

I want to exchange my bike next year...and i´m looking 4 a trip to Bonito...maybe i can go to Brasilia (why not!?? ) I´ve been there some months ago...and i want return by moto...

Guys , what your impressions about BMW F 650 GS Dakar ? i´m looking for one....´04 and up...because abs....

Rodrigo
rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #78
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1985
Guys , what your impressions about BMW F 650 GS Dakar ? i´m looking for one....´04 and up...because abs....
Anyone??? Bump...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #79
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Rodrigo,

I have'nt ride a BMW yet but I think, from the specifications, that the GS 650 is a great bike.
Neverthless, if you are thinking of buying a used one, I'd rather get a XT660 instead. You can find a 2009 for a good price.

Abraços,
Linhares
Old 10-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #80
Fernando Costa
Contemplator

Oddometer: 119
Adrian Kemmis, young aussie who died on Sept. 29th in a motorcycle accident in Brazil during his RTW trip.

It appears that Adrian´s body will be cremated on monday, October 25th, in Curitiba, Brazil, at Funeraria Consolação:

Funeraria Consolacao
Rua Br do Cerro Azul, 1309 - São José dos Pinhais - PR, 83005-430, Brazil[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #81
ElReyDelSofa
Desubicado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1985
Guys , what your impressions about BMW F 650 GS Dakar ? i´m looking for one....´04 and up...because abs....Rodrigo
Rodrigo,

I have an '06 Dakar, just bought this spring. I am 6'4" and 230 pounds, and I am comfortable on it, though I would like to add some handlebar risers. So far a great bike, loves the dirt and gravel roads, I get 60-63 mpg on it, only thing it is not so great at is 80+ MPH trips down the freeway. But then that is not what I bought it for.

Saludos,

Martín
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #82
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElReyDelSofa
Rodrigo,

I have an '06 Dakar, just bought this spring. I am 6'4" and 230 pounds, and I am comfortable on it, though I would like to add some handlebar risers. So far a great bike, loves the dirt and gravel roads, I get 60-63 mpg on it, only thing it is not so great at is 80+ MPH trips down the freeway. But then that is not what I bought it for.

Saludos,

Martín
Hi Martin!

First of all tnks a lot for your informations!!

i´m looking on next year to buy a 07 Dakar. ABS and heated grips are welcome hardware...plus , Dakar have long travel suspension and looks veeery nice....

Ride safe

Rodrigo
Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #83
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Saturday morning - riding with friends!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #84
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Quote:
Saturday morning - riding with friends!

Hello!

Nice GSA and ST !!! Rare to see ST in good shape in Brazil
Rodrigo
Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #85
Fernando Costa
Contemplator

I now have the final confirmation from Adrian Kemmis´ family and the cremation will take place this Friday, oct. 29, 0900am, at Funeraria Vaticano, in Campina Grande do Sul, Paraná:

Campina Grande do Sul
Rodovia do Caqui, nº 928
CEP 83430-000
Fone: (41) 3019-3006 / (41) 3224-3006

The family in Australia will watch the ceremony online and it would be nice if motorcyclists from the region were present. I myself am planning to attend.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #86
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Dakar 2012 in Brazil!

The 2012 race may include Brazil! It will problably start in Rio de Janeiro and finish in Lima, Peru.
News about it:
Webventure (portuguese)
La Gaceta (spanish)
Abraços,
Linhares
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #87
mirantesMT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
The 2012 race may include Brazil! It will problably start in Rio de Janeiro and finish in Lima, Peru.
News about it:
Webventure (portuguese)
La Gaceta (spanish)
Abraços,
Linhares
Ok, so apart from the olympics in 2012 and the worldcup in 2014, this is another great event for Brazil... YES!!

mirantesMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:56 AM   #88
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirantesMT
Ok, so apart from the olympics in 2012 and the worldcup in 2014, this is another great event for Brazil... YES!!
Ops!

Raf,

in 2012 the olympics will take place in London. Brazil time will be in 2016.
But next year there is another event for you to put in the list:

Military World Games

I'm not sure if they sell tickets...

Abraços,
Linhares
Old 11-04-2010, 02:38 AM   #89
Roso
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum, what a nice surprise is to find a topic with fellow riders from Brasil. Good to see that "open road addiciton" is popular among Brasilians as well.
Story is following; I'm just another gringo, originally from Croatia, married to uma brasilera doida , we chose Fortaleza to settle down, moved there a year ago.
As brasilian law doesn't allow any used vehicle to be imported I had to get rid of my GS which provided us with tons of beautiful memories and 60 000 lovely kms.
Arrived to Brasil with 2 side paniers, full of motorbike accessories, telling myself it's not the end of the world, I'm gonna buy another bike and hit the road again.
But f..k, bikes in Brasil are damn expensive so we had to give up on GS dreams and fit into some reasonable financial frame.
Also my missus wanted to move a bit forward from pillion pisition which meant 2 riders – 2 bikes.
Decision was made, we gonna buy 2 older bikes, make a homework overhaul and finally get back on the road.
As Frotaleza does not really offer some wide choice of second hand bikes only option was to fly down to Sao Paulo, buy the bikes there and rode them back to Fortaleza. And we did it.
We did it actually twice, first we bought Yamaha Tenere XT600Z, '92 and rode it back and second run we brought Yamaha Supertenere XTZ750, '97.
I was more than satisfied with both bikes, they are not some hi-tech monsters but they run and run and run until you stop them at the night in front of some pousada. No surprises, no break downs.
At the moment overhaul and revision is just ongoing, we have brought tons of parts from our 2 trips to Croatia, bought it from Kedo, Germany; much less money than they cost in local shop.
Although, I have to admit there was a bit of shakin' while passing customs on the airport .
Also have to mention special problem with XT600Z - a seat height. As this bike will be ridden by minha mulher it gave us quite some headache. Problem finally resolved by fitting custom made suspension (wilbers) and some more cutting down on the seat. Result – she can touch the ground with bought legs. Yesss!! Still easier than an orthopaedic surgery...
I believe we gonna hit the road within 6 months from now, my job takes my away often so progress on the bikes suffers.
I'm really glad to see we won't be alone on the road, there are open road addicts everywhere.
Abraco
P.S. Anybody travelled BR230, Rodovia Transamasonica? That's where it's itching me....
Roso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #90
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Hi, Vlado,

the Ténéré is a great bike! There are people who love this bike and don't even think of exchanging it for a newer one.
You can find some of these guys in the Clube XT600 forum.

And you can read about BR-230 in Jay's Report: Jammin thru the Global South. He is doing an amazing journey through South America.

Hope you are enjoying Brazil.

Abraços,
Linhares