Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
halmc OP
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 2,140
laying down tracks with iPhone

I've exhausted my rudimentary search skills and have yet to find a solution to my issue:

I wanna use my iPhone to record where I've been.

My zumo remembers where I've been, such that if I wanna go that way again, or if I wanna share my 'breadcrumbs' (*.gpx) with someone else, I can easily do so.

On my off road rides, which are many, I am loathe to carry my trusty Zumo cuz I'm worried I might bust it. Again.

I always carry my iPhone, and when enabled, it knows exactly where I am; yes, and probably where I've been. I would like to find an app that would permit me upon my return home, to extract on to my computer my track(s) "breadcrumbs" if you will, so that I can figure out where I've been.

Don't wanna look at my iPhone while I'm riding, don't want to use it as a guide, but only as a recorder of where I've been. it will likely ride safe and sound in my Camel Bak.

Any help much appreciated.

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK

halmc screwed with this post 03-12-2015 at 03:14 PM
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
Ck622
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Maprika will do what you want. It can also share your location live and is available for android too.
Ck622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
chrisjk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
I've exhausted my rudimentary search skills and have yet to find a solution to my issue:

I wanna use my iPhone to record where I've been.

My zumo remembers where I've been, such that if I wanna go that way again, or if I wanna share my 'breadcrumbs' (*.gpx) with someone else, I can easily do so.

On my off road rides, which are many, I am loathe to carry my trusty Zumo cuz I'm worried I might bust it. Again.

I always carry my iPhone, and when enabled, it knows exactly where I am; yes, and probably where I've been. I would like to find an app that would permit me upon my return home, to extract on to my computer my track(s) "breadcrumbs" if you will, so that I can figure out where I've been.

Don't wanna look at my iPhone while I'm riding, don't want to use it as a guide, but only as a recorder of where I've been. it will likely ride safe and sound in my Camel Bak.

Any help much appreciated.
Dozens, if not hundreds of apps can do this. The free ones usually carry some form of advertising but for the simple functionality you seek, there are inexpensive ones that won't bug you. A search on the app store along the lines of "GPS Record Track GPX" throws up a bunch, any of which would likely work for you.

Personally, I suggest Galileo Pro for your needs.

Maprika seems designed for ski slopes so doesn't fit the bill - at least on the basis of its description.

chrisjk screwed with this post 03-13-2015 at 01:56 PM
chrisjk is offline   Reply With Quote