Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Cardo G4 (Schuberth Communicator) Problems

Last night I took delivery of my new Schuberth C3 Helmet (lovely) and the associated neck roll fitted with the CardG4/Schuberth blutooth communication system.

Gave it a proper charge and then paired it to the Zumo 665 and wife's Cardo Q2 headset. A little dicy, but got there. So far so good.

Then I fire up the FM radio, which is where the fun starts. Of the six pre-set stations, five are on one station (Triple J FM) and one is an ABC channel that plays jazz and was at one stage broadcasting in Arabic! I followed the instructions minutely and repeatedly, trying to tune to other stations. No way, I am stuck with what it arrived with. I have reset the G4, to no avail.

Secondly, and this is actually far more important, when the bike is running, be it at idle or in motion, the bluetooth quality is patchy, often dropping out for minutes at a time. It affects the GPS instructions and the music I have stored on there. When the motor is off, no problem. You may agree with my view that this is really unacceptable.

I have only had solid reliability from my Cardo Q2's so this is a major disappoinment.

I have already sent an email to Schuberth but so far have only received a computer-generated acknowledgement. Cardo will be hearing from me when I have finished posting this, but I was wondering if any inmates have had similar experiences but, most importantly, know if this can be fixed?
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanmac View Post
Last night I took delivery of my new Schuberth C3 Helmet (lovely) and the associated neck roll fitted with the CardG4/Schuberth blutooth communication system.

Gave it a proper charge and then paired it to the Zumo 665 and wife's Cardo Q2 headset. A little dicy, but got there. So far so good.

Then I fire up the FM radio, which is where the fun starts. Of the six pre-set stations, five are on one station (Triple J FM) and one is an ABC channel that plays jazz and was at one stage broadcasting in Arabic! I followed the instructions minutely and repeatedly, trying to tune to other stations. No way, I am stuck with what it arrived with. I have reset the G4, to no avail.

Secondly, and this is actually far more important, when the bike is running, be it at idle or in motion, the bluetooth quality is patchy, often dropping out for minutes at a time. It affects the GPS instructions and the music I have stored on there. When the motor is off, no problem. You may agree with my view that this is really unacceptable.

I have only had solid reliability from my Cardo Q2's so this is a major disappoinment.

I have already sent an email to Schuberth but so far have only received a computer-generated acknowledgement. Cardo will be hearing from me when I have finished posting this, but I was wondering if any inmates have had similar experiences but, most importantly, know if this can be fixed?
I have a C3 PRO with the CRC system fit on it. The only Issue I have at the moment was the pairing thru my GPS (Zumo 350) to the Iphone. Seem like the Zumo doesn't recognise the phone. That's means if I want to use the phone, I need to disconnect the GPS or vice versa. Have the same helmet and system for my wife, but we don't tried yet.
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanmac View Post

Do you have the most recent software for that Cardo unit? Sounds like you need to plug it into a computer and run the software to see if an update is necessary. And while you have it plugged in, choose the FM stations you want via software. It's far too difficult, using the unit itself.

I too had the Q2 and went to the G4 and found overall, the G4 is better. But forget making a popping sound to activate the intercom as you would on your Q2. The G4 requires a long sustained, then rising sound to activate it. That or a push on the channel button, which we end up doing, my wife and I. We leave the intercom mode on almost all the time we're riding.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Problem Sorted

The issue was sorted when I retrofitted the C3 Pro Antenna to my C3 helmet, although as I stated in another post I did not test the radio as I was using Sirius XM for that.

I will add, though, that the Cardo Q2 did not connect seamlessly with the Schuberth; and it was useles at speed.