ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #151
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,805
Well I am going to wimp out and throw up a file tag. I wish I could say I am busy clearing some trees next to the house or showing the bikes some love with new chains and sprockets but it is just to dam cold to ride all day right now.

So here is the Buncombe county tag.

This home of some of the finest folk art from the area is also a very informative place to stop by while on a lazy ride.

You would think that with all times I have ridin to the area I could find more then one file pic, but I guess I always forget to stop and get some pics.
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #152
FishHunt OP
slow poking...

Oddometer: 1,320
Armchair tagging this one. Too cold and too many things on my to do list to even dream of going after this one.

The good news is that any local could grab and place the next county tag in an afternoon ride. Buncombe (#11) is a hop, a skip and a jump away from Burke (#12).

<>< Fish

Be good and you will be lonesome - Mark Twain
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #153
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,907
I know where that is too. Someone from the area can correct me if I'm wrong but... It is my understanding that the road this tag is located on will be closed until the last ounce of snow has melted. This road has a zero snow removal policy. If it snows or becomes icy, they simply lock the gates until Mother Nature removes the wintery stuff. It really doesn't effect me since I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Just thought I'd mention it cuz I've got nothing better to do than sit here at this here computer. At least not until my wife gets the drive shoveled. BTW She's from Wisconsin so she's an expert.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #154
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
I don't think it matters, the commuter section will open when its decent to get on a bike.....could sneak in on the trail but that would be sort of illegal I have about 9-10 inches of snow here in south Haywood Co....no rdin' fera while

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #155
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,167
Several inches here in the sandhills, AKA Fayetteville area. Drove an ambulance all this morning in it and now a firetruck all day. I see the stupid people out in force and now just think of it as job security.

Even saw a fellow trying to drive in it, sliding all ove the road. When we got next to him the f#$ker was texting. WTF?

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #156
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,751
We had a dusting this am, right about the time the kidlets get on the bus. Now it doesnt look like it even rained. Hope you arent to busy Ray. Stay safe.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #157
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,805
Well Dang I tossed a wrench in to things.

Well then if someone doesn't throw up a Buncombe wild card tag when the weather clears a bit I'll head west and get a new picture to use.
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #158
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,129
hang on okie, maybe it will clear up soon. And there may be a billy or two that wanna try this tag anyhow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie View Post

Well then if someone doesn't throw up a Buncombe wild card tag when the weather clears a bit I'll head west and get a new picture to use.
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #159
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
Naw! Dont worry bout it..it'll be open in a few days and somebody needs to have time to go to Burke anyway if they don't have a file pic...the tag is fine! It might be that access to this is open anyway from the nearby main road and the gates closed just above here and south of here...seems like they can do that with gate positions so...I could be wrong, but they won't keep it closed very long regardless.... I think its fine Okie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie View Post

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 01-11-2011 at 04:46 PM
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #160
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Buncombe Grabbed!

Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway just off Tunnel Rd in Asheville.

I thought this thing had sat long enough and I've been itching to ride so here it is. I guess now I'm committed to riding to Burke Co. since I don't have any file tags. There may be a slight delay due to weather and the fact that I lost the pivot pin for my rear brake pedal somewhere along the way. I noticed it missing when I tried to use the brakes at a stoplight on my way back into Sylva. Hope they're not too expensive. Anyway, here's the tag pic.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #161
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,129
Good job Joe, happy to see you out on the bike. Today was a nice day to ride, but my first day back to work in a couple weeks.

Shoulda woulda coulda, but couldn't wouldn't and won't be able to tag anytime too soon.
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #162
lostmarbles
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
hey joe good to see you got the bike out and about

so where we of to now

Don't tell me the skies the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Have you seen my marbles?
you can't be lost if you still have half a tank
save 5$ on smugmug.com coupon #----(DE9oGz4LoiNZA )
lostmarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #163
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Burke county is next but I'm grounded until I can get my brake pedal reattached. I just ordered the parts. Over $40!!! Damn! Here's what the pedal looked like when I got it home. No wonder it felt a little "soft". Only thing holding it on was the spring that connects it to the brake light. It's always something.

On the bright side, the heated vest was awesome on today's ride. Kept me toasty at highway speeds for over an hour today.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #164
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,751
You know Joe, the reason if its not one thing its another is because you own a KLR If it wasnt so big of a dual sport, I would buy another one. I miss mine sometimes.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #165
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
You know Joe, the reason if its not one thing its another is because you own a KLR If it wasnt so big of a dual sport, I would buy another one. I miss mine sometimes.
It's not because it's a KLR. It's because I touched it. I have a way with machines.

I think the brake pivot fell off because of my doing. I don't think I tightened the little bolt that holds the pedal onto the spline. I had the pedal off to remove the side cover when I was dealing with the boogered head last fall. To be sure it doesn't happen again, I'm going to use some locktite. I know. I should have already used locktite because it's a KLR.