User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #691
DieselFxr
Rider

Oddometer: 26
2005 F650GS seat

Got my foam and cover installed on the bike yesterday. Went for a quick 65 mile ride. All I can say is WOW dramatic difference in comfort no more sliding forward feel either. I have put 42k on this bike and the seat should have been fixed a long time ago I have been using a Freedom air cushion with fair results before. The SeatConcepts is great right out of the box. Highly recommend!
DieselFxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #692
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
Yes Sean we can make one for your bike in suede.
Let us know when you are ready.

Bundy

pm sent big guy
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #693
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
I bought a Seat Concepts seat for my DRZ400S and loved it. I wish I would have bought it earlier. I have passed the name on to others that never heard of them. Much better pricing for a great product. Thinking about getting one for my new F800GS.

Looked through the entire thread hoping to find pictures and reviews for the F800GS. Anyone have any? Saw to short reviews I think.

murdock84 screwed with this post 05-11-2012 at 11:54 AM
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #694
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Got my new foam seat and cover in no time. Installed in this evening. It feels GREAT. This is the first seat cover I have replaced on a motor bike. I think I may have pulled the cover to tight because the seat does not line up very well to the tank. Should I let the cover relax and restaple it or let it bed-in after a few rides?
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #695
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
Got my new foam seat and cover in no time. Installed in this evening. It feels GREAT. This is the first seat cover I have replaced on a motor bike. I think I may have pulled the cover to tight because the seat does not line up very well to the tank. Should I let the cover relax and restaple it or let it bed-in after a few rides?
I would pull the staples now, so that the foam will not become permanently deformed. Do you have a larger tank on your bike?

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #696
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
I would pull the staples now, so that the foam will not become permanently deformed. Do you have a larger tank on your bike?

Bundy
Right now its the stock tank, but I do switch tanks. Seems like the IMS 7 gal. tank fits the seat much better(I do run the big tank more). Re-stapling now. Very happy with the product.

Re-staple went well. Fits much better (helps i wasn't drinking wiskey when re-stapling). Went for a short ride, miles better then the stock seat. My back side was killing me for a week after the 12 hour endurance race at Starvation Ridge. We will see how much better this seat is after Ironmanning the 24 hour in October.

Capt. Egregious screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 06:20 PM
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #697
Solomookie
Amish Agnostic

Oddometer: 11
Another Satisfied SeatConcepts customer

SeatConcepts used my original seat from my Yamaha XT350 to make a new custom seat. I received it about a month ago, but wanted to wait until I had some time in the saddle before posting. I am very satisfied with the final results!

I was expecting a super ahhhhh moment when I first sat down after reinstalling the seat. At first blush, it did not seem much different than my stock seat. Then, I took a about a 45 minute ride. That length ride on my stock seat would have had my ass screaming at me! I got back with no ill effects. Every ride since has been the same thing; I don't have any body parts complaining at me when I get home. THAT's a good thing.

If you tired of your bike beating you up.. give these a guys a call. You won't be sorry!
Solomookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #698
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,014
Bundy, can you tell me if the BMW F650GS/Dakar 2000-2007 seat is taller than the stock Dakar seat because the front slope has been eliminated, or are they essentially the same height? Thanks.
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #699
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Bundy, can you tell me if the BMW F650GS/Dakar 2000-2007 seat is taller than the stock Dakar seat because the front slope has been eliminated, or are they essentially the same height? Thanks.
They are essentially the same. We flattened out the seating are by raising the front a tiny bit, and then we lowered the rear of the seating area, making a slight hump in the seat.

Bundy

Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #700
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer: 636
sweeeet jesus! oh that was my arse complimenting a new seat. been riding for a few weeks now. for a more rigorous testing, I rode on most gnarly, offensive, foulest potholes and road ass-cracks I can find in NJ and NYC. my cheek is basically like this -

it went from

to
Old 05-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #701
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,014
Quote:
They are essentially the same. We flattened out the seating are by raising the front a tiny bit, and then we lowered the rear of the seating area, making a slight hump in the seat.

Bundy
Thanks, one last question before I pull the trigger. Are these waterproof? Don't want to have to worry about rain seeping in through seams and turning the foam into a sponge.
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #702
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I'm surprised how many folks need to upgrade their streetbike seats. All the streetbikes I've ridden have had comfy seats.

I wonder which bike has the worst stock seat? I was surprised how bad the DRZ seat is, but I doubt that it's the worst. It's hard to understand how companies can engineer great motorcycles and engineer such crappy seats for them. Maybe we Americans have tender butts ?!!??
I guess it's because companies know everybody's got their different opinion and preference when it comes to comfort so it's simply best to produce a generic "one-for-all" seat and let the customers deal with custom/aftermarket seat of their choosing.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #703
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,451
I see you have "High" and "Low" seats for the 9xx Adventure...any chance of a "Regular" height seat?

http://3dtrials.org/
Chuckracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #704
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Thanks, one last question before I pull the trigger. Are these waterproof? Don't want to have to worry about rain seeping in through seams and turning the foam into a sponge.
I would say that they are NOT 100% waterproof. There MAY be slight seepage threw the seams.
But I do not consider it a problem, we have not has any complaints about water intrusion.
If it would make you feel better, you can always put a thin layer of visquin between the foam and cover.
Some of the stock seats come that way.

Bundy

Old 05-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #705
mxbundy OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
I see you have "High" and "Low" seats for the 9xx Adventure...any chance of a "Regular" height seat?
Well the LOW version started out as a stock seat. ( one with a step already in it) We just made the seating area flatter by tilting the rear of the seating area down.
It is technically shorter that a stock seat but not by much.
If you are refering to the stock seat that has no step in it, no we do not have one that is that height. But if you were to flaten the seating area, it would end up much like our low seat.
If you strive for something in between, the high seat could be custom shaped into something like you want.

Bundy