Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
slow-vee OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Dr pulley... what are those "+ 3 pcs Slide"??

Got a package in mail for my first scooter, '09 Vino 125. Dr pulley 20x12 10g x6pcs, and it also comes with "3 pcs Slide".

What are those things for? I searched google for an hour........ no answer....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dr-Pu...#ht_1597wt_983
slow-vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
tortoise2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-vee
I searched google for an hour........ no answer
Highly unlikely . . Google Images
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
drizzle
mini-adventurer

Oddometer: 44
they slide the metal back plate up and down and such. you DO need them.
drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Cosmic_Jumper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
They are 'Ramp Plate Slide Bushings'. And, yeah, you do need them.

There should be a worn-out set on your OEM Ramp Plate.
Cosmic_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
how did your sliders work out for you. I purchased a set the same weight my rollers were and they acted like 1.5g less so I revved like crazy taking off and lost 10mph top speed. Almost like I should of bought 1.5g heavier then what I was running and at $30 too expensive to experiment with
Mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
My DR Pulleys worked GREAT!

I added them to my People 250 and it removed the dead speed in the middle of the range and I have added about 10 MPH, or at least made them easier to get to.

Use the chart at this site http://tinyurl.com/286tflt to get a good fit but sometimes you need to move up or down.

If you put the sliders in like this!

The CVT will be buzzy and may be speed limited and the belt may feel like it's hitting the case.

put the sliders in like this:

I put mine in the wrong way...twice!

Mine did not come with the the U shaped bits so I still have my factory ones. They work. I have since replaced my damaged sliders (the ones shown above) with new ones and WOW.. the bike will accelerate from 60-80 with confidence on the freeway. Not like a rocket but with enough pep to make able to do it on the freeway in traffic, at night into the fast lane with three lanes of traffic on your right and a semi in the mix. Not bad for a 250cc CVT scoot with my 2-up sized butt on the scoot.

WOW..my 500th POST!
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Mine came with instructions and a pic but I even tried them the other way just to see if I had them wrong but it wouldnt shift at all the wrong way.
Just too expensive for trial and error and of course the e bay store I got them from never responded back with any help. I have no problems with rollers and thought since I had it set up perfectly then I just put in the same weight sliders but some how didnt work out for my application I guess
Old 09-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 721
Ordered my Dr. Pulley 17g sliders a week ago and they should be here anytime!!! I cant wait to put them in

I would stay away from ebay when ordering Dr. Pulley stuff there was a warning issued by Dr. Pulley/union material about counterfeit sliders/product being sold under their name on ebay.

I ordered direct from the company:
http://www.unionmaterial.com/products.htm

They answered all my questions via email super fast and helped me pick out the right weights for my 500ie..

service@unionmaterial.com
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Mine look legit but ive never seen them before, e bay. Came in 3 days too

Old 09-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
White Tenere
Look a moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegigabyte
Mine look legit but ive never seen them before, e bay. Came in 3 days too

Yours look like the real deal.

The counterfeit one's have completely different packaging... Paul from Dr. Pulley posted pics on modern Vespa...
Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
techguy
Scooter Trash

WOW...little baby sliders compared to mine shown above

Now...break open that case and get them installed.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

I did , and they suck. You see they act about 1.5g too light. Yesterday I found that this is normal, so if you order some get 2g heavier then what your using for rollers. Wish I knew this so I wouldnt of thrown away $30
Old 09-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
techguy
Scooter Trash

Quote:
I did , and they suck. You see they act about 1.5g too light. Yesterday I found that this is normal, so if you order some get 2g heavier then what your using for rollers. Wish I knew this so I wouldnt of thrown away $30
Try selling your"slighty used " ones on ebay. Be honest in your listing or sell them here in ADV, same way. Tell your story.

My first set was "slightly used" and it sold me on getting the second set.

Did you use the fitting guide on the Dr Pulley website?

How much did you pay for these (if you don't mind me asking.)

see this link http://tinyurl.com/3x82pv9
Old 09-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #14
Mikegigabyte
Gnarly Adventurer

Not sure what you mean by fitting guide.

I have been using a whole roller tuning kit for a while now, and finally got the weights figured out. I read the sliders dont wear as bad as rollers so decided to try them out.
I bought the correct size and followed the picture on the correct way to install, im not new to tuning ive done a ton of work on that scooter. I also tried them another direction since the first way was so bad, but that didnt work either.
If only there was a warning stating they need to be heavier then it would of been no problems but just yesterday on another site people say you need to buy them 2 sizes heavier. If thats so then dr pulley should have a disclaimer about this, or a note or something. The second I tried them I couldnt return them, and to me I will choose never to buy from them again. Unless Dr pulley will refund me the money or swap them out. Of course I just sold that scooter last week but I will try to contact them for a swap out for my new scooter or a refund.

I am selling alot of scooter parts here from the one I just sold http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post13981821
Old 09-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
White Tenere
Look a moose

Quote:
If only there was a warning stating they need to be heavier then it would of been no problems but just yesterday on another site people say you need to buy them 2 sizes heavier.
Not sure what exactly you mean with "If only there was a warning stating the need to be heavier"
I found this info in a few minutes of my initial research that lighter weights=fast higher revving take offs..... Heavier weights=more top end, less rev's on the highway..

Quote:
I bought the correct size and followed the picture on the correct way to install, im not new to tuning ive done a ton of work on that scooter. I also tried them another direction since the first way was so bad, but that didnt work either.
If only there was a warning stating they need to be heavier then it would of been no problems but just yesterday on another site people say you need to buy them 2 sizes heavier. If thats so then dr pulley should have a disclaimer about this, or a note or something. The second I tried them I couldnt return them, and to me I will choose never to buy from them again. Unless Dr pulley will refund me the money or swap them out. Of course I just sold that scooter last week but I will try to contact them for a swap out for my new scooter or a refund.
I'm pretty sure Dr. Pulley doesn't sell direct on ebay, Paul from Dr. Pulley went online a few months ago and issued a warning not to buy there product on ebay. He asked people to contact/buy direct from Dr.Pulley to insure your getting a "true Dr. Pulley product" I found all this info on my own just a few weeks ago with a simple search for there products..

I dealt with the company/factory directly and Paul answered all my questions and helped me choose the correct weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
I ordered direct from the company:
http://www.unionmaterial.com/products.htm

They answered all my questions via email super fast and helped me pick out the right weights for my 500ie..

service@unionmaterial.com
Either way hope you have better luck with your new scooter....

White Tenere screwed with this post 09-14-2010 at 09:49 AM