Originally Posted by Superhawk View Post
dont forget to say hi to Will...
Master Hawk

Will may be the best thing out there
Old 11-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #588
Superhawk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
I agree , although they've spruced up Wendover Airfield over the past few years - they have a nice little museum in there now. If your a WWII buff its a must see as the Enola Gay and Bocks Car crews trained there. Its small but has a bunch of cool stuff.
Superhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #589
ParrotheadJeff

Oddometer: n/a
Great to get home today and see this
I ended up going to Price for thanksgiving with good friends. It was a spur of the moment thing and I don't have any really warm gear, so I took the car. Left Vegas at 6:00 PM Utah time and got into Price at 12:15 AM. The car's thermometer said 26 degrees at times, so I was really glad to have the heater
Hopefully I'll be able to make it back up to Utah sometime between June and September - this time on the V-Star
Thanks again for more great pics and I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving
Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #590
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post

The old cemetery from Kelton- age and vandals have taken their toll. Some plastic flowers have been added by someone thoughtful

Not sure why, but the cemetery was kinda sobering. Even turned off the iPod afterward for a few miles, letting it soak in. The infant's grave hit kinda hard .
Signal, it was coincidental passing you as you headed east and I was heading west through Corinne, trying to do the same thing as you by taking advantage of the balmy weather.

I did a ride in the same area a few years ago documented here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402495

An interesting story about the Kelton Cemetery. My Dad is a retired mortician for a large funeral home here in town. About 15-20 years ago (can't remember the timing exactly) he had to go to Kelton to assist with exhuming a "body" (just a gravesite by that time) from the Kelton cemetery that the family wanted relocated elsewhere.

I have kind of an affinity for old cemeteries all over the west. My father has probably been to more old cemeteries in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, than anybody currently alive. Although he is retired, he still conducts gravesides anytime they need a body taken to the countless small town cemeteries in the intermountain west. He doesn't ride a motorcycle anymore, but he satisfies some of his wanderlust (I wonder where I get it) by driving to all these little old cemeteries conducting graveside services.

Thanks as always, for taking us along for the ride.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #591
Signal OP
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhawk View Post
I agree , although they've spruced up Wendover Airfield over the past few years - they have a nice little museum in there now. If your a WWII buff its a must see as the Enola Gay and Bocks Car crews trained there. Its small but has a bunch of cool stuff.
I agree the old fields are special- Perhaps I like the connection with history. Have really enjoyed the couple visits to the old airfield out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotheadJeff View Post
Great to get home today and see this
I ended up going to Price for thanksgiving with good friends. It was a spur of the moment thing and I don't have any really warm gear, so I took the car. Left Vegas at 6:00 PM Utah time and got into Price at 12:15 AM. The car's thermometer said 26 degrees at times, so I was really glad to have the heater
Thanks again for more great pics and I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving
I tried REALLY hard to talking the family into going south somewhere for the holiday weekend (was thinking about some beautiful quiet Bryce pictures), but was vetoed. I trust HWY 10 was beautiful to Price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Signal, it was coincidental passing you as you headed east and I was heading west through Corinne, trying to do the same thing as you by taking advantage of the balmy weather.

I did a ride in the same area a few years ago documented here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402495

An interesting story about the Kelton Cemetery. My Dad is a retired mortician for a large funeral home here in town. About 15-20 years ago (can't remember the timing exactly) he had to go to Kelton to assist with exhuming a "body" (just a gravesite by that time) from the Kelton cemetery that the family wanted relocated elsewhere.

I have kind of an affinity for old cemeteries all over the west. My father has probably been to more old cemeteries in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, than anybody currently alive. Although he is retired, he still conducts gravesides anytime they need a body taken to the countless small town cemeteries in the intermountain west. He doesn't ride a motorcycle anymore, but he satisfies some of his wanderlust (I wonder where I get it) by driving to all these little old cemeteries conducting graveside services.

Thanks as always, for taking us along for the ride.
Thanks- I remember reading that ride report, I'm sure I had that in the back of my mind as I pondered "which way to go today?" Again, something about the historical connections can be very strong. My wife doesn't understand how I can sit out at the Hill AFB museum for hours. May have to look into more ghost town/cemetery rides.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #592
AleXtz
Minimal2 the fulness

Oddometer: 68

Utah la bella

this was probably one of God's dream that go perfectlyt materialized

Jah Bless!!

2+1 months living in Oaxaca's sierras and beaches:
http://motoviajero.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2695
AleXtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #593
ParrotheadJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
I tried REALLY hard to talking the family into going south somewhere for the holiday weekend (was thinking about some beautiful quiet Bryce pictures), but was vetoed. I trust HWY 10 was beautiful to Price.
I'd love to see more pics of Bryce - I was there once before with Mom & Dad and it was great

The trip up was all in darkness and I couldn't believe how dark it seemed even with the brights on I spent yesterday out on the Wedge on the San Rafael Swell and that was really nice - both the overlook and the trip back with the mountains and the red rock in some of the smaller formations The trip back today was very nice as well
Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #594
Signal OP
Cynical Idealist

Well- the weather has (for the most part) closed this one down for the next couple months (hope I'm wrong here).

A few parting shots

This one is for iDave-

Thanks to all who've played along- until spring-ish anyway

Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #595
bomose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 957
Thanks for taking us along. We look forward to next riding season. My wife and I should be out there in May or June again around Moab and Capitol Reef.
Attached Images

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=955211Chasing Dinosaurs
bomose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #596
samthg
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,453
Something to look forward to.
samthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #597
ParrotheadJeff

I'm looking forward to summer and taking the V-Star up there

Thanks for all the pics and I'm looking forward to the spring thaw so I can see more of 'em
Old 12-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #598
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,380
Signal thanks again for the inspiring photographs around your state. I am looking forward to getting back through there again so I can check out some of the places I skipped the last trip, and explore some more. Everybody have a good winter, and stay warm and safe out there.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #599
Superhawk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
no..endless Utah is ending....

Thanks for the pics Signal !!!

Enjoy the winter and the holidays, go hit Pats for me a few times and ski pics are always nice. Stay warm.
Superhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #600
Signal OP
Cynical Idealist

My thanks gentlemen- ride safe, pray for spring

The snowbird sticker was given to me at a medical conf at snowbird- the valet/parking guy had me park "right here where I can see it", and gave me the decal when I left