Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #136
yellowknife OP
Is In Canada

Oddometer: 688
Cool2 You are a funny Guy Nate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfevrr View Post
Here's a vid of SloPhil leading the way through a mudhole, followed by YellowKnife showing the world what the big grey pig likes to do.

Click this pic to see the video.

This is Yellowknife walking on water; just one of the many things you have to do to be eligible to own a BMW.

I had to watch the video a couple of times to hear C-Stain's amazement that he made it through almost all of the water holes. This is all so funny to revisit. Thanks to everyone for all the posts.

I should be good for a ride on Friday. Will know later today.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #137
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

Oddometer: 5,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgreen View Post
Roxbury ??????
I'm in dude - got a day pass from the warden.

I'm going to start scouring the net for gps coordinates for points of interest, as there is a 2nd cemetery that is easy to miss. I keep hearing that roxbury is a short trip, is there something else / somewhere else in the area that we could combine into the ride?

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #138
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
I had to watch the video a couple of times to hear C-Stain's amazement that he made it through almost all of the water holes.

SOMEONE had to fall and break something...might as well have been me...I'm good at it. I just don't take pictures of it!

Off to the shop to start repairs...
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #139
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
I'm in dude - got a day pass from the warden.

I'm going to start scouring the net for gps coordinates for points of interest, as there is a 2nd cemetery that is easy to miss. I keep hearing that roxbury is a short trip, is there something else / somewhere else in the area that we could combine into the ride?
I know the area there fairly well, and to answer your question, yes there is.
Meeting time and place ?
fredgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #140
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Yellowknife and all who have hijacked this thread, How about I start a new thread in the regional forums for future trip planning and this thread can go back to its intended use. After a trip a new thread can be started in Day trippin' for that trip....Just a question.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #141
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

name it. I'll be travelling from the shore this time, so i'm about 1.5 hours from bear river, and I don't roll before 7:30. If you know the area, well, i don't - so you figure out where we should meet, and I'll do my best to make it there in a timely fashion. may have to get you guys down my way for a ride after this one! There is an abandoned gold mine in Mill Village that is said to be only accessible by 4x4...

I'll probably go up route 10, because i think to get to roxbury you go in through paradise, right? if i'm taking route 10, maybe we could meet at Nictaux falls, the junction of route 10 and hwy 210?? Maybe in Middleton? It depends what else you have planned.

EDIT: just looking at the map, I don't know if i'd go all the way to Nictaux falls, I can take crisp road off the 10, and it'll take me right to west lawrencetown. my head is spinning now!!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #142
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

How about the Middleton Timmy's ? For 1000 ish. We can take the Railbed from there to Lawrencetown......
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #143
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

Done...when is 1000?

EDIT: I can meet earlier, if it pleases the group, I could probably be there closer to 9 if I left at Oh-Seven-thirty-hundred hours...

Old 06-15-2011, 03:34 AM   #144
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Quote:
Done...when is 1000?

EDIT: I can meet earlier, if it pleases the group, I could probably be there closer to 9 if I left at Oh-Seven-thirty-hundred hours...
right after 999 smart ass, not sure if anyone else is going yet, haven't heard any confirmations other than you and I. I guess some people have to work for a living......
Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #145
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

well I'm good all weekend, although at this point friday looks like good (better) weather. i'm working on a penny tech top case right now, I don't want to bring my Preciou$ Givi Ca$e$ through the woods if I don't need the storage space. time to send some pm's? what about the guy (can't remember name) that met us in Bear River that wasn't able to go with us? Len maybe?

Yellowknife, I know this is your RR thread, and we've now kind of frigged this up. should we see about splitting these posts in to a trip planning thread?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:15 AM   #146
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

New thread

I have started a new thread for future trip planning, the link is
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post16169225
Any other takers on going to Roxbury on Friday morning.....
Old 06-15-2011, 04:50 AM   #147
yellowknife OP
Is In Canada

Oddometer: 688
Good to go on Friday until about 3 pm

Quote:
well I'm good all weekend, although at this point friday looks like good (better) weather. i'm working on a penny tech top case right now, I don't want to bring my Preciou$ Givi Ca$e$ through the woods if I don't need the storage space. time to send some pm's? what about the guy (can't remember name) that met us in Bear River that wasn't able to go with us? Len maybe?

Yellowknife, I know this is your RR thread, and we've now kind of frigged this up. should we see about splitting these posts in to a trip planning thread?
i will be at tims at 10 am Friday.

Splitting is the right thing to do. I will continue updates on this for day trippin and post changes on post #1 for new folks. See you two or more on Friday.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #148
pineknot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
wife and I missed this trip ,would have been fun. Were from Yarmouth and where in there last weekend. We went in through kemp ,by Nova Nada. Might go to fourth Lake and out to Bear river this weekend.
pineknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 AM   #149
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineknot View Post
wife and I missed this trip ,would have been fun. Were from Yarmouth and where in there last weekend. We went in through kemp ,by Nova Nada. Might go to fourth Lake and out to Bear river this weekend.
Is there a way to get past kemp on dirt/trail. My goal is to go as far as I can with minimum slab. I have been on the Tom's Savannah/ South Carrying Lake road, but can't find a way past Kemp.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #150
pineknot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgreen View Post
Is there a way to get past kemp on dirt/trail. My goal is to go as far as I can with minimum slab. I have been on the Tom's Savannah/ South Carrying Lake road, but can't find a way past Kemp.

Not that I know of with a bike. they do with skidoos in the winter,but I don't go skidooing or atving. I'll ask some of the guys that do,and see what i can find out. This is the first time I have been in there in about 25 years. use to know all the roads like the back of my hand and where they went,use to camp and fish in there almost every weekend when we where teenagers.No irving roads back there then. Most of the old roads we used are hard to find or have been clearcut and replanted,so they arn't even there any more.
pineknot is offline   Reply With Quote