Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #121
CallMeBoog
Done

Oddometer: 5,523
what a great ride, and good to meet some new faces! I still can't believe how well the v-stroms did, how light and nimble the r1200 seemed at times, and how few klrs broke down!

I got back to my camp @ Caledonia about 6:30, it rained HARD from bear river through route 8, so i was glad to see a chicken on the bbq, and cold beer and a roaring fire in the lady scotia stove.

oh, and I was more than happy to prove the abilities of the KL250 Super Sherpa. as we all met up in Bear River, I sort of felt like the odd man out, i mean someone out motored by by 950 cc's, and most had at least 400 on me. By the time we reached new france though, it seemed like I had a few converts - someone was lamenting about how they kept getting into trouble "following the damn 250!" and also some were annoyed at how easy i made it look. I will get a bigger bike, but i love flogging this one for all it's got!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Will put up my pics soon.

Nate

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #122
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfevrr View Post
what a great ride, and good to meet some new faces! I still can't believe how well the v-stroms did, how light and nimble the r1200 seemed at times, and how few klrs broke down!

I got back to my camp @ Caledonia about 6:30, it rained HARD from bear river through route 8, so i was glad to see a chicken on the bbq, and cold beer and a roaring fire in the lady scotia stove.

oh, and I was more than happy to prove the abilities of the KL250 Super Sherpa. as we all met up in Bear River, I sort of felt like the odd man out, i mean someone out motored by by 950 cc's, and most had at least 400 on me. By the time we reached new france though, it seemed like I had a few converts - someone was lamenting about how they kept getting into trouble "following the damn 250!" and also some were annoyed at how easy i made it look. I will get a bigger bike, but i love flogging this one for all it's got!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Will put up my pics soon.

Nate
Nate...it was incredible to follow you on the trails. You made the trails look easy and I have to say...given the chance, I'd pick up a Super Sherpa in a heartbeat. Great to meet you and look forward to riding with you again.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #123
yellowknife OP
Is In Canada

Oddometer: 685
please post your vids and pics. Thanks Nate - it was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinfevrr View Post

I got back to my camp @ Caledonia about 6:30, it rained HARD from bear river through route 8, so i was glad to see a chicken on the bbq, and cold beer and a roaring fire in the lady scotia stove. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Will put up my pics soon.

Nate
Roxbury next...
Old 06-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #124
CallMeBoog
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
Roxbury next...
I'll hold you to it!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #125
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,341
Some more pics....

Here are a few of the photos I took. As you can see, it was an interesting mix of bikes. The Big Gray Pig... I mean the BMW GSA.... was by far the largest of the machines, and its rider never once complained about the lack of a Starbucks. And, leave it to the KLR Riders...when I dropped my Strom in the Swamp Water, the KLR riders had Zip Ties and Electrical Tape to effect repairs.

Starting to get dirty...

Another view of the Balancing Rock. Obviously Nicole wasn't the only object of someone's affection. Someone needed to travel miles and miles over rough terrain to proclaim their love of KISS.

Still Dirty...

The Lake at our lunch stop.

The Beach that lead to the scariest bridge I've ever crossed on a bike. Not sand, not gravel. No one dropped them here though...

The Lunch Stop

Given the photographic opportunities, I wish I had dug my big camera out of the tank bag and not just used my "throwdown"

And my last stop with the group for the day. This is after I took a Swamp Water Bath and broke the .....hard to believe, signal light and clutch lever.

Even though I broke stuff...I still had a great time and will be taking a collection towards bike parts the next time we all go out..

So...to Roxbury next eh?

C.

C-Stain screwed with this post 06-13-2011 at 03:30 PM
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #126
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Oddometer: 478
Shirley says she really enjoyed the ride, and was happy no one made any " oh my god, not bringing a woman along to babysit all day are we" comments. She is ready to conquer Roxbury Road next, but that is just a short ride, I'll see if I can dig into my big bag of backroads and trails so we can make a full day of it. I think I can get Nate back to the land of funny talkers through Irving roads....Any takers ?
fredgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #127
Slowphil
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Hey people, had just an excellent day yesterday, great to see everybody. Few comments, it appears that KLR riders have reached the nadir of perfection in bikes, everything else is either too big or too small, I did happen to notice that most of the bigger bikes seemed to have quite a few bits and pieces broken off them.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Yellowknife for telling me Saturday the restaurant in New France had great food and then scarfing large quantities of sustenance in front of me while my stomach rumbled and to Fredgreen for leading me into water so deep it flooded me out, one good thing I found out my goretex boots really are waterproof,

I'm up for a ride with all you guys anytime, it was a real pleasure meeting you.

Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX.......making squids out of gentlemen since 1996
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #128
yellowknife OP
Is In Canada

I am in for the next ride

An evening or weekend ride is great. Roxbury plus some more add ons would work Fred. The Annapolis to Bridgetown Railway bed is another add on option. How about a boil up at a point for lunch. Maybe one of the Digby boys can scrounge up some seafood.

Craig - Great photos for a throw down camera. Will forward some more pics.

Shirley did great and holds no one back. As I mentioned she was the only one to find the trail to the dam project, making the rest of us looking foolish.

Then there is this road near Torbrook.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #129
yellowknife OP
Is In Canada

Broken parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphil View Post
Hey people, had just an excellent day yesterday, great to see everybody. Few comments, it appears that KLR riders have reached the nadir of perfection in bikes, everything else is either too big or too small, I did happen to notice that most of the bigger bikes seemed to have quite a few bits and pieces broken off them.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Yellowknife for telling me Saturday the restaurant in New France had great food and then scarfing large quantities of sustenance in front of me while my stomach rumbled and to Fredgreen for leading me into water so deep it flooded me out, one good thing I found out my goretex boots really are waterproof,

I'm up for a ride with all you guys anytime, it was a real pleasure meeting you.
Fog lamp replacement piece - $28. Fuel for the ride $38. Coffee/snacks $8. Seeing everyone riding thru the trails and water while laughing out loud - Priceless
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #130
CallMeBoog
Done

oh yeah, i just want to add that I only Burned 7 litres and covered 260 km start to finish

Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #131
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
Roxbury next...
I'm not working Friday........I know some roads........
Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #132
CallMeBoog
Done

Some pics i snapped

^^ you have to love how the sign is written on a piece of vinyl siding...

^^ crazy BMW Motard...

Old 06-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #133
CallMeBoog
Done

Here's a vid of SloPhil leading the way through a mudhole, followed by YellowKnife showing the world what the big grey pig likes to do. (he had to keep telling it that there was a starbucks just around the bend..)

"Man, this is...wow, it's just incredible. this is so much fun it should be illegal!" - Yellowknife.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #134
CallMeBoog
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgreen View Post
I'm not working Friday........I know some roads........
i don't start work until monday...hmmmm

Old 06-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #135
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Roxbury ??????