ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
jochuma3 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
A day in Schuylkill County PA

So I was born and raised in Schuylkill county and grew up riding around in the coal dirt. Two weeks ago I picked up a nice used KLX 400 (green DRZ) and returned to my old riding places.
Here I am out past Saint Clair PA on Reading Anthracite property. We used ride and drink out here when we were kids.

I saw this crane for the first time when I was out here picking blue berries with my grandfather back in the early 80's.

For those of us that grew up around here there is no better view than the views from the seat of a dirt bike sitting on the top of a coal hill.

This is a place we called the Gravel Pits or simply the "pits". It is outside of Gordon PA and anyone who rode ATV's/Dirt Bikes etc would know about this place. Many of my best memories as a teenager happened here. Today was the first time I was there in 20 years (since I was 19 years old).

It has been an amazing few rides on this little DRZ. This bike is by far the cheapest Bike I have ever owned and It is probably the most fun I have had on two wheels in a long time. Getting back in that old coal mud and smelling smoke when the puddle water hits the exhaust pipe- brings back memories of some of the best days of my life-
John C.
jochuma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,682
I LOVE riding out that way. We used to go every weekend ~5 years ago. I keep promising myself I'll buy a permit and get back out there. Next year WILL be the year!

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #3
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,689
We'll be heading over in that general direction Next Weekend as part of the Jim Thorpe Smokin Hole Rally!!!
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:49 AM   #4
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 4,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jochuma3 View Post
So I was born and raised in Schuylkill county and grew up riding around in the coal dirt. Two weeks ago I picked up a nice used KLX 400 (green DRZ) and returned to my old riding places.
Here I am out past Saint Clair PA on Reading Anthracite property. We used ride and drink out here when we were kids.

I saw this crane for the first time when I was out here picking blue berries with my grandfather back in the early 80's.

For those of us that grew up around here there is no better view than the views from the seat of a dirt bike sitting on the top of a coal hill.

This is a place we called the Gravel Pits or simply the "pits". It is outside of Gordon PA and anyone who rode ATV's/Dirt Bikes etc would know about this place. Many of my best memories as a teenager happened here. Today was the first time I was there in 20 years (since I was 19 years old).

It has been an amazing few rides on this little DRZ. This bike is by far the cheapest Bike I have ever owned and It is probably the most fun I have had on two wheels in a long time. Getting back in that old coal mud and smelling smoke when the puddle water hits the exhaust pipe- brings back memories of some of the best days of my life-
John C.
I know where everyone of those pics were taken.

It's mostly Dan........I knew he couldn't keep a secret(SCOTTY P)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
jochuma3 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
I know where everyone of those pics were taken.
I figured you would. We still have to meet up sometime. Sooner or later Im sure we will run into each other. Every time there is a good event that I want to go to it seems like my kids have something that I have to attend. Are you going to the 7 mountains camp out at the end of august? I have it on my calendar. Probably take the GS and do the bike bike friendly ride.
John C.
jochuma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 4,167
YEA I'll be at 7 MTNS. I'm riding to CO. for 4 weeks in JULY so I won't be around for a few weeks.

It's mostly Dan........I knew he couldn't keep a secret(SCOTTY P)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote