Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #601
ferals5
865+652

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Two dayer or single blast, who's got free time & when?
Cheers
Baza
Hi Baza

I am commited to Delegate and a 4x4 camp as well for May. Will watch and see what you all come up with, maybe able to squeeze another.

cheers
feral
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #602
SMACCA
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferals5 View Post
Hi Baza

I am commited to Delegate and a 4x4 camp as well for May. Will watch and see what you all come up with, maybe able to squeeze another.

cheers
feral
Yeah about the same here mate.

Mac.....
SMACCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #603
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by havafati View Post
Hey hey Autumn Leaf is almost here. See you, and anybody else who wants to tagalong, at the Yass Caltex (in town) bout 10ish, Baz waduthink? Slowish trip up as I will have nervous Nellie (wife) on the back.

I've got the 25th and 26th off as well. I'm off to the Loaded Dog with you too. I also have the 13,14,15th (maybe 16th and 17th too) of May off as well and I'm up for a two dayer. Sounds goood.
Cheers
Dave
Planning meeting @ "Autumn Leaf", second thoughts we'll never remember the next day!
I'll put something together,gotta consult my work horrorscope for May
10ish is good for Saturday lift-off, slow trip good by me [I'm always slow!]
Cheers
Baza

hunter_greyghost screwed with this post 04-20-2011 at 12:58 AM
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:14 AM   #604
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Great to catch up with everyone @ the 'Autumn Leaf', check out the photos, lots of familar faces in the crowds.

www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675791

Cheers
Baza
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 AM   #605
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Bump

www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683065

Cheers
Baza
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #606
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,294
wot i did today

I got a call from a mate today, haven't seen him in ages (shiftwork and non-riding hasn't helped). Turns out his missus tossed him out last October, out of the blue, around the time I had to stop riding. He suggested a ride to Collector to see the "pumpkin" festival.
So I threw a leg over my GS and went for a spin with him down to Michelago and back instead. We got to see the locals packing up from their May 1st fete, and had a real good chinwag. He's had a pretty rough 6 months. Luckily, his riding mates have chucked in with accommodation, furniture, shoulder to cry on, etc, it's amazing how folks chuck in when things get rough. I made my own offers as to what I could assist with.

Anyways, that's what I did today on my bike.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #607
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

You're a good man GodSilla, enjoy the ride & how's the knee?
Cheers
Baza
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #608
GodSilla
I did that.

Hi Baz, the knee is better than it was, thank goodness. It's only 2 weeks since the arthroscopy, so I still have some physio to get into, the muscles are wasted so there's no real strength in it, but the movement range and action are much improved. It's still not like a new one though.......

I enjoyed the ride on the GS, it's a really good bike and I do like it, but since it is running Anakees f+r I stay away from gravel at the moment. My goal is to be able to kick start my XR at will, and be able to transition from sitting to standing seamlessy and painlessly, both of which are no-go at the moment, so time will tell eh. I'm hoping that in around 3 months it will become a reality, then I can cruise the unsealed roads again, hopefully. I think with this injury the days of enduro-style snot are over for me, prolly not a bad thing as I age, but I still pine for the rides of my younger days. Such is life, if one lives long enough.

I'll send a pm soon eh.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #609
GodSilla
I did that.

Question

Bumpitty.

Been a bit quiet on the Federal front fellers?

Anyone riding on the weekend ? (I'm at work both days, so don't ask).

Hot tips for the Superbikes at Monza anyone?

Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #610
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Hi Baz, the knee is better than it was, thank goodness. It's only 2 weeks since the arthroscopy, so I still have some physio to get into, the muscles are wasted so there's no real strength in it, but the movement range and action are much improved. It's still not like a new one though.......

I enjoyed the ride on the GS, it's a really good bike and I do like it, but since it is running Anakees f+r I stay away from gravel at the moment. My goal is to be able to kick start my XR at will, and be able to transition from sitting to standing seamlessy and painlessly, both of which are no-go at the moment, so time will tell eh. I'm hoping that in around 3 months it will become a reality, then I can cruise the unsealed roads again, hopefully. I think with this injury the days of enduro-style snot are over for me, prolly not a bad thing as I age, but I still pine for the rides of my younger days. Such is life, if one lives long enough.

I'll send a pm soon eh.
You invalid you!!

Have both mine done 6 mths ago and still not right - hope your's is better than that.

BTW, I finally got the DVD's I was telling you about. Nearly had tears in the eyes watching Wilbur, Ducky and co in action....bloody fantastic. I will work out a way to copy them and let you have them. The boys are going really well - last week's win against the Bays by 12+ goals was without a bench and two on the field unable to run. Things are looking good!!

What about coming to Blinman for the Tony Kirby ride in August - Bernie and I will be there a few days earlier with an array of bikes?

cheers

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #611
GodSilla
I did that.

Howdy Trev. Yep, another good year looms for the mighty ones eh. I'm hoping to be having to make the annual pilgrimage for the first week end in October. I love the old footage, some of club's the finest moments are from those days.

Yep, the knee is improved but still not like a bought one eh. Did you have cleanups done also?

I've been watching that Tony Kirby memorial ride thread, it looks really interesting and I'd like to go. Work, leave, and further surgery (look up "Jeep Seat") may have a part to play though. There's so many rides I'd like to do, and so little free time. Once I'm retired I will have the opposite problem, loads of time but no money. Sh*t, I just can't win.

I had a nice wander through the Flinders with a mate in March since Speedweek was cancelled, I was in my 4x4 and we drove to a few touristy spots. I like the way you get to see the gorges by driving right through the guts of them. And it was certainly very different to see everything green after the big wet, lots of mud and water.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #612
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,477
Thumbs down

Snow on the Brindies and I can't go

Old 05-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #613
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Fresh off the hills;

Sago snow @ 1800 tonight @ GreyGhost Hill @ Yass
Cheers
Baza
Old 05-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #614
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Bump

Ridetime? Tuesday?
Cheers
Baza
Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #615
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Bump

Ridetime? Tuesday?
Cheers
Baza
Tuesday 8.30 Yass Caltex. Heading out to Picadilly Circus via Mountain creek then up to Mt Franklin for a look and beyond. Bring a packed lunch and a camera for a nice chilly relaxed day ride.
Cheers
Dave
havafati is offline   Reply With Quote