Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #91
Ultravoyageant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
I'm actually thinking about tossing my Sirocco in the garbage. I have the Sas-Tec upgraded back protector which was cut to the exact shape as the POS foam pad original, as per instructions. Why does the back pad pocket look like I dropped a fucking mongoose in it? Its ripped away from the jacket everywhere but at the bottom. I have sas-tec pads in my Killi and in my Joe Rocket mesh jacket. All were cut to size just like the one in the Rev 'it jacket. Yet those pockets look the same as they did when brand new. They must make this shit out of cotton candy.

I also discovered that the reason my right arm looks like a raggedy old blanket at the end of the sleeve is because it snags on the velcro next to the main zipper. It does this whenever you're off the bike with the jacket unzipped. It pills up just like my under armor shirts do when they come into contact with velcro. The difference? My under armor shirts aren't meant to protect me from abrasion the way my riding jacket supposedly is. Oh yeah, and they didn't cost $330 like the Sirocco did. This damn jacket is less than 18 months old, with no get offs. Yet it looks like I was dragged a block behind a truck.

You couldn't give me a Rev 'it jacket or pants now.
Ultravoyageant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #92
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0rk View Post
Does anyone have any updates regarding the durability of the new 2011 GTX line from revit?
I've got about 6000 miles on a Everest jacket and around 3000 on Everest pants. The pants are still like new. The gray jacket is pretty dirty and is fine so far. It looks like some of the threads for Velcro on the main flap are starting to come loose, but the Velcro itself is holding fine. Also, the Velcro on wrist cuffs is starting to curl a little. Go figure.

The suit has been worn in temps/weather from 30's and freezing rain up to around 80. So far so good, but it's definitely not a warm weather suit.

Hope that helps.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #93
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,053
I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the solution to the fuzzy wrists. I posted a while ago that Rev'it has a problem with too much hook and not enough loop. This causes the hooks to pull at the fabric on the jacket and turn it into a fuzzy mess. I've been singeing the fuzzies off with a lighter for the past few months, but it never looks quite as good as it used to.

Eventually, I just said screw it, took a razor blade, and cut off the offending hooks.

No more fuzzy sleeves, but it is still kind of silly that I have to do this to a $580 jacket. The rest of the jacket still gets fuzzy from random bits of velcro and the superfabric peels at the edges occasionally, requiring they be glued down again. I sure hope they fix these problems for the next production run of the Cayenne Pro, because otherwise it is a comfortable and versatile jacket.

This particular jacket turns 1 year old at the end of this month. I think it is looking a little more raggedy than it should be at the price they are asking for.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #94
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Oddometer: 860
Crap, just as I was getting comfortable with the idea of buying Rev'it gear (jacket and pants) for my sweetie, I stumble across this thread, and now I have to go back to the starting block!

I drank some Motoport cool-aid about, gosh, something like 18 or 19 years ago. Love that stuff. But!...... I was hoping to buy something a bit more comfortable and stylish for her.......

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #95
dimon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
I Rev'It mesh jacket and pants and I've extensively been using them for over 5 years, never had problems. I am very happy with it, on the other hand I am going throught the second pair of Rev'It gloves, don't remember the model, and they are falling a part, but overall I am very happy with Rev'It gear.
dimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #96
RiDR
The Himalayan what?

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind View Post
Crap, just as I was getting comfortable with the idea of buying Rev'it gear (jacket and pants) for my sweetie, I stumble across this thread, and now I have to go back to the starting block!

I drank some Motoport cool-aid about, gosh, something like 18 or 19 years ago. Love that stuff. But!...... I was hoping to buy something a bit more comfortable and stylish for her.......
I just hand wash my Cayenne Pro whenever it gets dirty, holding up fine with zero issues through torrential rain, heat, dirt and 20 thou Km. The liner is amazing and keeps me toasty warm with just a light shirt on from temps close to freezing, and is cool in the summer with the liner out, still loving my Revit.
RiDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #97
v8toilet
Nothing to see here.

Oddometer: 1,712
I just sold my Rev'It Cayenne Pro pants and jacket. OK stuff, but they didn't wear nearly as well as my Rallye2. The Rallye 2 had 30,000 miles on it and still looked basically new other than the stains. My Rev'It jacket in 500 miles had more wear. Nothing outright failed but it didn't hold up well considering the mileage and the way it was used.

The stitching was quite honestly, garbage. Very little on the jacket or pants was symmetrical. Looked like it was stitched by a half-blind drunk. I believe Webbike.com made similar (though less caustic) comments regarding the stitching on a pair of Rev'It gloves.

The kicker was when I contacted Rev'It both on this forum and directly through their website for warranty they wouldn't respond. After multiple requests for help and no response I sold the gear. I won't own another piece.

Contrast this with Klim, I emailed Klim through their website's generic "Contact Us" page. Got a response the same day and then started up a conversation with two different people who were happy help me.

Klim = A+ I've bought a few pieces as a result of my experience with them.

BMW Rallye = A+ (At least my old Rally2 was bomb proof)

Rev'It = C- Unless you're getting it on a fire sale go with someone else. For Joe Rocket prices I'd buy it otherwise steer clear.

Of course companies can always change. Klim may go to the toilet, the new Rallye might suck and Rev'It might be the next Rukka. YMMV.
v8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #98
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,022
I've been very happy with my Sand suit.. 15 000km's and 13 months old - no complaints... BUT I dont give a shit if the stitching is not straight - to be honest, I'm not anal enough to check the stitching..

I also couldn't give a shit if the fabric was starting to ball up or whatever.. their gear looks good, is waterproof enough for Australia, seems to hold up to the dirt well enough

Seriously guys.. this is just motorcycle clothing.. mine gets muddy, covered in bugs, grease and dirt.. stop being so farking "girly" about your gear and use it until it falls off you
Old 07-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #99
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,053
So last week it was pouring for much of it. I kept on getting wet in the belly and I couldn't figure out why.

Turns out there is a row of stitching behind the zippers for the liner that simply go all the way through that wicks water through and causes the liner to leak.
Real nice guys.

keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #100
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8toilet View Post
...and Rev'It might be the next Rukka.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #101
v8toilet
Nothing to see here.

Oddometer: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8toilet

I think this quote is missing some context.
v8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #102
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8toilet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8toilet

I think this quote is missing some context.
What, haven't you recognized Trophy Mike's style?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #103
Ultravoyageant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother View Post
I've been very happy with my Sand suit.. 15 000km's and 13 months old - no complaints... BUT I dont give a shit if the stitching is not straight - to be honest, I'm not anal enough to check the stitching..

I also couldn't give a shit if the fabric was starting to ball up or whatever.. their gear looks good, is waterproof enough for Australia, seems to hold up to the dirt well enough

Seriously guys.. this is just motorcycle clothing.. mine gets muddy, covered in bugs, grease and dirt.. stop being so farking "girly" about your gear and use it until it falls off you
Dude. How does not wanting a piece of garbage for a lot of hard earned money equate to being "girly"?

That has got to be one of the most asinine statements I've heard in quite some time.

If you don't give a damn what you get for your money more power to you. I think it's foolish and short sighted, but I'm not going to call you a chick, or a homo, because its a stupid comparison. Its insulting to women, and men for that matter, because most folks like to get something of VALUE for their dollar, not some rag tag bullshit the likes of Rev'it quite frequently puts out.

What you seem to not understand is that buying a Rev'it Jacket or pants quite possibly (as the majority of posts in this and other threads seem to indicate) means the time until it "falls off you" will be much sooner than a product made by other manufacturers that costs no more.

There is also a very innovative machine available now, that allow one to clean the mud, bugs and grease off.

Its called a washing machine. Perhaps you have heard of it? Its cutting edge technology, I know, but surely its something you've come across, if not had suggested to you by a concerned citizen.
Ultravoyageant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #104
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultravoyageant View Post
Dude. How does not wanting a piece of garbage for a lot of hard earned money equate to being "girly"?

That has got to be one of the most asinine statements I've heard in quite some time.

I'm with you.

Does anyone have a report on what velcro does to the newer ripstop fabric in the Defender?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #105
Recon690
n00b

Oddometer: 0
Great idea on the contact cement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
If you don't tag the edges of your superfabric on the Cayenne Pro with some contact cement, it'll lift off when you wash it. Yes, I washed it by hand, in cold water.

The two pictures on the right show a thin line of contact cement(applied with a toothpick). It is much easier to see on the black as I was lazy. The glue that was originally there washed away after the first wash. Eventually you will get what is on the bottom if you don't apply additional glue to the edges..

At its worst, you get this:

Notice anything missing?

The whole smaller "section" of superfabric lifted off. The picture isn't very good because I didn't want to drip water all over the floor, and I was too "WTF" to take another. Luckily I was able to iron them back on, but it didn't stop the corners from lifting over time. The reflective stripes will lift off too, but ironing them will keep them back on for a much longer time.

It was later replaced with two months left on the warranty for another problem. Since the warranty has run out on the original jacket (Warranty replacements don't get their own warranties right?), I am VERY careful washing it now.

Regardless, those damn corners lifted off the first time I washed the replacement. It was around then I figured out the contact cement trick. Kind of silly that I have to do this at all on a $580 jacket and $400 pair of pants though.

I am curious if they will have fixed this on the new Defender, as it has a LOT of corners on its superfabric!

Don't wash it
Recon690 is offline   Reply With Quote