Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #121
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike View Post
This also applies to any erection lasting more than four hours.
Just when I start wondering where you are, you pop out from nowhere
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #122
SpaceManSpiff
Man of Mystery

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Feel the waterproof membrane, you can feel how delicate it is, if you rub it enough it will sort of disintegrate into fine little particles. It ends up like brittle or old rubber. Hence why you shouldn't rub it.
Hmm not that i have been rubbing my membrane .... but if the hydratex is that delicate, it doesn't belong in a motorcycle garment.
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #123
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManSpiff View Post
Hmm not that i have been rubbing my membrane .... but if the hydratex is that delicate, it doesn't belong in a motorcycle garment.
It's not just hydratex, most drop and z liners are this way. There are a couple of exceptions but even those should not be rubbed too hard.

Also, rubbed may not be the right word, scrubbed would hurt it.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #124
SixDays02
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManSpiff View Post
Well, all garment, including all membranes (Goretex, Hydratex, Sympatex, *tex) are prone to rubbing/scrubbing/whatever. If you go to an out-door shop to buy a nice, waterproof jacket, the salesman should ask you if you want to use your jacket with a backpack and advise you about the strength of the jacket (light, medium or heavy backpacks) as it could damage the jacket while moving/hiking.

Regarding Rev-it membrane, (or any other membrane inside a motorcycle jacket), i don't see how you can destroy it with "rubbing" while sitting all day long on a motorcycle.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #125
keiji
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 933

Happened a little faster than I thought it would...
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #126
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixDays02 View Post
Well, all garment, including all membranes (Goretex, Hydratex, Sympatex, *tex) are prone to rubbing/scrubbing/whatever. If you go to an out-door shop to buy a nice, waterproof jacket, the salesman should ask you if you want to use your jacket with a backpack and advise you about the strength of the jacket (light, medium or heavy backpacks) as it could damage the jacket while moving/hiking.
EXACTLY, this is why so many of those outdoor garments have a smooth\slippery top and shoulders. So if you tell the sales guy that yes, you will use a backpack, he will direct you towards a jacket that has a backpack protector on it, such as this North Face Denali from Backcountry.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixDays02 View Post
Regarding Rev-it membrane, (or any other membrane inside a motorcycle jacket), i don't see how you can destroy it with "rubbing" while sitting all day long on a motorcycle.
I think the warning was do not rub it while cleaning or washing it. Some people grab two flaps of a garment and scrub them together while cleaning, kinda like when you have a stain and you are trying to rub it out.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #127
usp45
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
sand jacket

Just had 1 ordered today, getting it on Friday. I like Badgers posts and will support a company whos willing to stand behind a product. I will be testing this out all winter, starting with a ride to Fla in a couple weeks.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #128
totomoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
I just have to add to the many posts about unraveling seams that I had the same issue on the inside of my collar and the protector pocket. Customer service was good, though, but my next jacket will definitely be something of higher quality even if it means spending more. Plus I don't like the fact that Rev'it switched to inferior and cheaper Knox protectors in many of their new jackets.

totomoto screwed with this post 08-09-2013 at 10:42 AM
totomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #129
mentalfloss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
My revit waterproof ADV style boots had the zipper break after a few months of fairly good use. REVZILLA (great guys) were super about replacing them free of charge. They even paid for shipping back the defective pair.
I love the boots and at the price they get for them they better last. That is why I bought them!
This second pair only have a few thousand miles on them. I will let you know how they shake out. the second pair already have kind of jammed on the track of the zipper once. I am zipping them up when not wearing them hoping that will help.
mentalfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #130
BalancePoint
Mucker

Oddometer: 217
I can't attest to the durability yet by any means, but I just started wearing the Tornado pants and Turbine jacket, and man- it fits great, feels great, breathes great, and appears very well constructed. I'm pleased thus far.
BalancePoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #131
outsidein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthelimech View Post
Anyone have any durability issues? I have a pair of Dakar pants that are 2 years old and the seams at the knees and thighs are coming undone. No get offs or tears, but its like the material is unraveling at the stitching. I love the gear, but I would think they would hold up a little better, or is 2 years all they will last?
I talked to rev'it and they recommended sending them to a place in Wa. to repair, but by the time I ship them, pay for the repairs and ship back it may not be worth it. Anyone else have any issues or ideas?
I have a pair of the same pants and have the same issue. The inner insulation liner is also starting to unravel at the seams and they are no longer waterproof. The velcro at the cuff has separated from my Rev'It gloves after 3 months but the gloves themselves are still intact. My Olympia jacket has stood up much better.
outsidein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #132
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
2012 Cayenne Pro close out sale

Funny how most times I pull the trigger and buy something I seem to find all the negative reviews Never fails.
I found a close out Cayenne Pro for 320 bucks ( Dark green/grey) so I pulled the trigger. I get it tomorrow. I can send it back to Revzilla but seriously.. is this jacket that weak?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #133
kumakahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Rev'it gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthelimech View Post
Anyone have any durability issues? I have a pair of Dakar pants that are 2 years old and the seams at the knees and thighs are coming undone. No get offs or tears, but its like the material is unraveling at the stitching. I love the gear, but I would think they would hold up a little better, or is 2 years all they will last?
I talked to rev'it and they recommended sending them to a place in Wa. to repair, but by the time I ship them, pay for the repairs and ship back it may not be worth it. Anyone else have any issues or ideas?
I bought a brand new with tags pair of Rev'it Challenge pants. The waist snap came up the first day. I installed a new one. But, since then, I just don't trust them. If they pay that little attention to something that obvious, I can only imagine how much care they put into things less obvious, like stitch and thread quality. They do flow air nicely, but I'd sell them for $75 after the snap came off. Since then, I only buy BMW gear. It has some flaws also, and it costs more. But, I think it is generally better quality, and it looks nicer than the Aerostich or Motoport stuff. Their new stuff is the only gear I know of that actually takes knee protection seriously with those large, wrap-around knee protectors.
kumakahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #134
kumakahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Rev'it liner zipa

I would add that Revit does do a nice job with their liners. Unlike BMW, the bottom of the liner has a zipper, as well as the top. It makes the liner work much more like part of the pants. It doesn't get caught when removing your leg. That is an idea that I wish BMW would use, instead of the standard loop/snap arrangement that seems to always tie me up when I try to remove the pants.
kumakahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #135
Hoologan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
I have loved my Rev'it Sand suit for the 2.5 years I've had it, but the truth is, it is destroyed now. Mostly my fault by melting holes in the knees from my XR650R pipe and catching the pant leg on my footpeg when kick starting and ripping the shit out of it, etc.

One thing that bugs me though is the locking "Vislon" zippers on the arms. They wore out months ago and won't lock, so they unzip themselves in the wind. I've been riding around with duct tape over the zippers and it makes me feel like a damn KLR owner. Also, ALL of the hook and loop is shot. The pockets hardly stay closed anymore. I was really hoping to get at least 5 years out of this gear for the money it cost me. It last half that.

I'm going to contact Rev'it to see how to go about having the arm zippers replaced so I can continue to wear the jacket around town, but the pants are getting shitcanned which is a damn shame, but they're just beyond repair.

I just ordered the Klim Badlands Pro to replace the Rev'it suit. No more silly liners for me.