Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #16
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
Neat rig.Always wondered what its like running a rig on the leftside.Enhjoy the insanity....
Melrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
bmwhacker
Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gixxerpilot
well today i got it all together, (except the lower fairings on the bike) and taken it for its first shackdown run.
Awsome to ride, if not a little heavy on the stearing, but i can live with that for the moment. I will be taking it on its first run on the highway tomorrow.

bike and chassis together ready for the body

body next to our "workshop ute"

front view

fornt 1/4 view

side view

rear 1/4 view

rear view.

still needs to have all the fairings and body painted and then reassembled, but that can wait a few weeks, need to go out and have some FUN first!!!!!!!!!!!
The low slung profile of the rig is awesome! Any ventilation in there? Would love to see close ups of the interior and functions of the front / rear plexi. Back end reminds me of the old English TVR sports cars...

Living proof you shouldn't play with matches
ABC# 1992

bmwhacker screwed with this post 10-19-2010 at 12:45 PM
bmwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
03gixxerpilot OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
thanks everone for you comments, i have been riding it for only half a week now and am really happy with it, i can punt it around corners pretty hard now and keep up with quite a few sports(read as "race") bikes up the local mountan road.

bmwhacker yes it dose have venterlation in it, but it is not much, i will get some close ups of the interior and of the function of the front and rear canopies for you, hopefully this afternoon and post them up for you tonight.

Cheers Clive
Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #19
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 6,905
Clive, welcome to the asylum and great outfit! Well done

Good to another 3 wheeler on the road.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #20
03gixxerpilot OP
Adventurer

TouringDave thanks!

bmwhacker i hope these are what you are after,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #21
bmwhacker
Still on 3 wheels

Quote:
TouringDave thanks!

bmwhacker i hope these are what you are after,

Cool - I think that looks like a good "stealth" sleeping arrangement too. Very comfy looking reclining position. My old Jupiter hack seat would be like sleeping in a folding chair.

ABC# 1992
Old 10-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,127
Love the Look of it. Be sure and post the shots of the completed rig.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
03gixxerpilot OP
Adventurer

would be a good "stealth" sleeping if i wasent so tall, I'm 6ft4 and only just fit into it laying down, but my daughter loves it, ( now i have to convince her that it is ok to ride in it LOL)

i have had it on the road for a week now and apart from the heavy steering that it has i am very happy with the way it rides, i am now working on reducing the trail

I am not sure which way i am going to go, rake out the front or leading link, but that will have to wait for the case flow to start "flowing" again

so in the mean time it is racking the poor little brain for a color schem for it, with the high proberbility, of just painting the chair to match the color of the bike.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
bmwhacker
Still on 3 wheels

Quote:
would be a good "stealth" sleeping if i wasent so tall, I'm 6ft4 and only just fit into it laying down, but my daughter loves it, ( now i have to convince her that it is ok to ride in it LOL)

i have had it on the road for a week now and apart from the heavy steering that it has i am very happy with the way it rides, i am now working on reducing the trail

I am not sure which way i am going to go, rake out the front or leading link, but that will have to wait for the case flow to start "flowing" again

so in the mean time it is racking the poor little brain for a color schem for it, with the high proberbility, of just painting the chair to match the color of the bike.

The yellow/black scheme should look good. It'll look like a "Yellow Jacket" coming down the road. Plus good visibilty for the inattentive motoring public.
A very unique hack.

ABC# 1992
Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
03gixxerpilot OP
Adventurer

ok so now i have quite a few Km's under my belt on the outfit, it is time to go to stage two, IE "adjusting" the steering angle/trail to help reduce the very heavy steering.

i have a new set of triples arriving on friday, which will take the trail from 96mm to 30mm.

to be honest i am not sure if this is going to be to much or to little but i will find out on the weekend i guess.

Cheers Clive
Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,601
When I first saw the old Premier (they also went by another name that I'm not able to recall - maybe from the original design/builder?) & read the words gixxer, I thought 'This'll be interesting', and not in a necessarily good way.
Things that crossed my mind included aluminium frame & sports bike (oh my aching back & wrists).

But, if looks are anything to go by, I love it. Maybe I'm just used to seeing those bodies attached to GS & GSX suzukis.

Maybe whoever designed it was 20 or so years ahead of the bike designers. I reckon it is a really good visual fit.

Colour schemes? Check out Merlin Sidecars. You may find some inspiration there. And personally, don't go stealth. Your outfit should scream loud!

Good luck with it and hears to hoping the mechanicals get fully sorted too.

Once you have the special trip with your daughter, it'll be hard to keep her out of it.

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #27
03gixxerpilot OP
Adventurer

SCray i must admit that i was a bit concerned about the looks when i first got the body, but now i am happy as with the looks.

I have decided to keep the yellow and black.

PS the orignal name they went by was i am lead to believe is electra.

Cheers Clive.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #28
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gixxerpilot View Post
SCray i must admit that i was a bit concerned about the looks when i first got the body, but now i am happy as with the looks.

I have decided to keep the yellow and black.

PS the orignal name they went by was i am lead to believe is electra.

Cheers Clive.
I read that, but that isn't the name I'm familiar with. A friend of years ago had one on her GS850., Pretty certain that was a Premier, but that was all we ever called it. ie, it didn't have any model name. It had the full enclosure, pivoting windscreen - very fragile at the mounts much to her chagrin when the 6 year old broke it.

There was also a version that had a partial screen, but I can't recall what they did at the back to prevent it becoming a windsock. Electra is a new name to me.

I'm reasonably certain, but by no means adamant, that there were at least two manufacturers, if you could call them that, of that style of body.

S'pose one of the difficulties is that there are probably several copies made, like the DJP Monocoach, from people with lots of time and little cash.

Regarding the lines of the combination - just look at the way the paint & body lines of the gixxer are nicely paralleled in the sidecar. Get it out into the late afternoon light and take some more photos with the light and shadows falling at different angles. Rotate the bike around at different angles to the sunlight. You'll work it out pretty quickly, I'd reckon. I hope.

Make it spectacular!!!

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #29
Mad Git
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Hey Gixx, Great stuff, I love the body, it must be a little heavy on the steering though?
Mad Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #30
brstar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
Thumb Tripples

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gixxerpilot View Post
ok so now i have quite a few Km's under my belt on the outfit, it is time to go to stage two, IE "adjusting" the steering angle/trail to help reduce the very heavy steering.

i have a new set of triples arriving on friday, which will take the trail from 96mm to 30mm.

to be honest i am not sure if this is going to be to much or to little but i will find out on the weekend i guess.

Cheers Clive
Hey Clive love the rig and the means of spending Dad/Daughter time.
Where did you get the triples from? I have a bunch of chairs and plan on fitting one to my 650 Vstrom.
Cheers Bruce.
brstar is offline   Reply With Quote