Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #271
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
The first place we stop at and get a late breakfast was in Petersburg WV, that was a mom and pop diner with some of the best homemade food and great prices and the icing on the cake at the back of the dinning room is a one of those glass entry doors that goes right into the show room of a motorcycle dealership that sell Suzukis, Yamaha, and all kind of used bikes. like this monster complete with it's trailer in the background of the picture.

Rt 220 approximately 8 miles north of Covington on the mountain top

Your's truly

Fred Wolfe a great guy, and Vietnam Vet!

Fred's ride 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100! Very nice

Man and Machine!

about a mile down the road on the other side of the ridge.

The view from here!

The Mountains of the East

Across the Valley

like I said did not take many pictures this trip despite the fact I had both cameras, it was just too .... nice! And I could not wait to get back to ...

CUMBERLAND, MD

Riff screwed with this post 03-28-2012 at 08:00 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #272
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post

Your's truly

Excellent-
Looks like a place I need to sit awhile (were I there, I probably wouldnt stay long- but should)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #273
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,688
Wondered where ya been. Thought I was going to have to hijack your thread again to bring you out of hiding.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #274
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Wondered where ya been. Thought I was going to have to hijack your thread again to bring you out of hiding.
Just start posting stuff up! This is not my thread this is our thread! It's all about our Mountains my friend! Yeah been a long Warm and Wet Winter! While you where suffering down there in frozen Florida the rest of us been lolly gaggin up here sunning ourselves!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #275
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

No mountains here, unless you count fake boobies on south beach.
I'll be home Easter weekend.
Taking the last week of May off. Got plans?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #276
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Excellent-
Looks like a place I need to sit awhile (were I there, I probably wouldnt stay long- but should)

I Hear ya Sig.
Looking at the picture of the falls in the bottom right hand corner I noticed what looks like a cave that could probably use some exploring. I did not see that until I got home and saw the picture.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #277
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
No mountains here, unless you count fake boobies on south beach.
I'll be home Easter weekend.
Taking the last week of May off. Got plans?
I'd like to make some! As long as you're on the Duke and not the LC4, and those dirt and gravel roads, then were a headn!

I hear tell that up state PA due north of me has something called the "Grand Canyon" of the east! Hopefully this is some place your haven't been yet! But I doubt it! . This looks like a day or even an over nighter! Think we could find some guy named Mar...ADVWolf ?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #278
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

The Wolf is about as busy as I am. All work and no play tho....

Mebbe I can send up some smoke signals when I'm home and see if he answers.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #279
AdvWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Did someone send the smoke signal!!!! how is anyone supposed to make it in the world if we spend all day riding bikes and then reporting it on the internet. Pray for me sinners!

When you all getting together? Because I still think the preacher need a GS.
AdvWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #280
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvWolf View Post
Did someone send the smoke signal!!!! how is anyone supposed to make it in the world if we spend all day riding bikes and then reporting it on the internet. Pray for me sinners!

When you all getting together? Because I still think the preacher need a GS.

There you are Mr Wolf! Things in the "Matrix" pretty complex right now? I think I sense a little of "riding taking pictures envy" going on here! I love the irony in that it took "smoke signal" to get a message to you through all that technology!
The Preacher Man does need and wants a "GS" desperately, but he doesn't have the miracle he needs to own two yet!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #281
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

I think I still have a bike or two somewhere. If I were home long enough I could maybe ride one.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #282
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Bump
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #283
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,577
I'll be heading through WV from south to north in a less than 2 weeks. Any suggestions on a good route. I'm debating whether to just take 16 all the way or go further east. I have plenty of time, 2-3 days so I have plenty of time to explore and don't have to take the most direct route.

My actual trip is from Huntsville, AL to Cleveland, OH. I have a week to ride it and am flexible on the route. Lots of curves and scenery with little traffic is best.

I'm also looking for camping suggestions...campgrounds with facilities, not primitive camping.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #284
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Rt 60 west to east, 219 North. Lots of side trips. Look thru this thread for some ideas, there are so many roads and places to see it's hard to come up with a route.
60 and 219 are twisty and scenic, I don't know the roads in the western part of the state as well
If you ironed the wrinkles out of WV it would be bigger than TX so it's hard to keep track sometimes.

This should tell you the state campgrounds and what facilities they have.
http://www.wvstateparks.com/
Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #285
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I'll be heading through WV from south to north in a less than 2 weeks. Any suggestions on a good route. I'm debating whether to just take 16 all the way or go further east. I have plenty of time, 2-3 days so I have plenty of time to explore and don't have to take the most direct route.

My actual trip is from Huntsville, AL to Cleveland, OH. I have a week to ride it and am flexible on the route. Lots of curves and scenery with little traffic is best.

I'm also looking for camping suggestions...campgrounds with facilities, not primitive camping.

The first and best thing I can suggest is skip Cleveland and just do WV. Like WVH said ck out that link to WV state Parks! You have everything from Lodge resort hotels to basic and I mean basic camping and everything in between. My experience is that all are clean, well run, and very economical in comparison to the national chain places. The local hotels may not be fancy, but again usually clean, very economical, and when you can link up with some real "Appalachian Americans" it will be even more colorful.
I in a big hurry at the moment but there are a couple WV threads in here that are exceptional.
Ck back into your PM's and shout me out when you come blowing through! We'll see if we can get OL WVHILLLbilly out of hibernation too!