Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #13486
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 13,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Glad you dodged the ticket.
Careful in Ned.. that cop loves the 25 zone.

Next time you are up there... drop down Left Hand Canyon and give me a call.. I live near the bottom of it.
Is that pizza place still in Ned? I love that town-used to babysit a house on Porter Ranch.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #13487
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,675
Yup... and now with Ned's seven pot dispensaries.. it is quite the happening place at midnight on a Saturday night in the summer
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #13488
Dualsport Crazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
was doubtful about it as the chain slaps around a bit when lugged.. must be normal. or it must be the 27k kms..... i'll just leave it like that.

Hey Dual !!

how are you ? yeah UAE is definitely better. quicker access to the mountains and wadis. I have been visiting the KTM dealer here since long to buy parts. I actually never bought anything from the Saudi dealer .
Vicks,

Great to hear from you. I'm duin fine thanks & how about yourself ? Must be a great ride in the mountains & wadis. Wish I knew earlier that you had moved to the UAE since I was there last November for 4 days on my way to B'lore. It would have be great if we had met up, anyways the next time I'm coming down that side of the world will let you know. Also visited the KTM Dubai showroom. It was lovely & very well set up, but was running out of time to visit their service center since its located at a different location. How are they with their service?

I just can't wait for spring,as I'm longing to get on the bike. Getting a few goodies for my bike like the quick drain oil steel braided hose for quick oil changes & am waiting to order for a secondary cooling fan plus a lower temperature thermostat (May be you should look at getting one for your wheels beco's of the high temperatures out there). I also got the Dakar fairing & have given it to the paint shop to get it painted & striped. Waiting to see the outcome. Will post some pictures when its all done.

Well ride safe & stay in touch
Dualsport Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #13489
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 13,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Yup... and now with Ned's seven pot dispensaries.. it is quite the happening place at midnight on a Saturday night in the summer
Nice. Only 7 though?

How's about that breakfast place near the round-about?
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #13490
kostasdirt
n00b

Oddometer: 1
kostasdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #13491
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,950
Looking back as last years travels.....

South of Atigun Pass, AK.

cjracer screwed with this post 02-28-2012 at 01:26 PM
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #13492
h042271
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
just finished painting Chainers bike....

[IMG][/IMG]

Yogi thinks his is better

h042271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #13493
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Nice. Only 7 though?
That's one for every 300 inhabitants in the town
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #13494
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Looking back as last years travels.....

South of Atigun Pass, AK.

Sweet! Hoping to be in this area this summer (after your Tech Weekend/Rider Workshop, that is!)
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #13495
Mindfire
Zardoz

Oddometer: 89
Sagebrush Annie's

This is my bike parted on the side of Sagebrush Annie's in Ventucopa, CA off the 33 Hwy. Crazy enough I just watched the documentary on Rush....I'm pretty sure this is where Neil Peart did his interview.. Small world!!!

Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #13496
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Crazy View Post
Also visited the KTM Dubai showroom. It was lovely & very well set up, but was running out of time to visit their service center since its located at a different location. How are they with their service?

I just can't wait for spring,as I'm longing to get on the bike. Getting a few goodies for my bike like the quick drain oil steel braided hose for quick oil changes & am waiting to order for a secondary cooling fan plus a lower temperature thermostat (May be you should look at getting one for your wheels beco's of the high temperatures out there)
I don't know about the service at KTM dubai but they must be good. I never used any KTM service centers for all the 27k kms except for the very first one done by the dealer in Riyadh. I do all my service/repair/mod work.

Actually i don't get it why you need a 2nd cooling fan/lower tem thermostat in Canada of all places ? Has you bike overheated anytime (not just the fan coming on) ? My bike has never overheated even in the humid summers here in the middle-east while riding in the desert. Of course the fan keeps running all the time like crazy but the engine has never overheated.
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #13497
silverboy66
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
fiume sesia

silverboy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #13498
stou
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by h042271 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Yogi thinks his is better

Nice jobs!!!
Montreal to Moab 2008: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343166
stou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #13499
Dualsport Crazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
I don't know about the service at KTM dubai but they must be good. I never used any KTM service centers for all the 27k kms except for the very first one done by the dealer in Riyadh. I do all my service/repair/mod work.

Actually i don't get it why you need a 2nd cooling fan/lower tem thermostat in Canada of all places ? Has you bike overheated anytime (not just the fan coming on) ? My bike has never overheated even in the humid summers here in the middle-east while riding in the desert. Of course the fan keeps running all the time like crazy but the engine has never overheated.
Vicks great to know you do most of the work yourself. I do most of the work or any mods myself as well except if there is any mapping or warranty issues as I have purchased the KTM extended care warranty plan. I'm also in the process of making a few special tools.

It does get pretty hot & sticky here in summer, but there are times when the temperature could go upto 40 degrees & the sun is really sharp out here. I do not have any overheating issues, but in summer when the temperature is 35+ the fans kicks in & stay on most of the time (especially in stop & go traffic). I guess your bike you must be equipped with the middle east cooling package for sure which comes as standard to withstand the temperatures out there .
Dualsport Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #13500
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,194
In Chaiten, south of Chile
This city was flooded by the river after the Chaiten volcano erupted three years ago. While some people still lives there, the view is quite sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chait%C3%A9n

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote