Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #13636
KradmelderSA
Banned

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Great looking machine. Had a hell of a time picking between the blue and the white - went with the white, but still not sure. Both have the same heartbeat so who cares I guess. Love the orange lens. I ordered the Touratech twin light / windscreen conversion, so can't wait to get hold of it to see how it works. Welcome and happy trails.
Thanks boeta. I like the blue dakar theme. Put new tyres since that pic was taken in Jan. Now have a Mitas E-07 on the rear. That front scorpion isnt nice in mud and sand and will be replaced by a T-63.

Many happy trails. I do about 20 000 km on each bike a year and ride every day, all weather. Even use the bikes for work and get paid per km. :) Caging gives me road rage.

KradmelderSA screwed with this post 03-21-2012 at 01:50 AM
KradmelderSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #13637
Kirill Shubin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Moscow
Kirill Shubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #13638
KradmelderSA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill Shubin View Post
Moscow
The like the bike so much, you bought 2?

What is all that white stuff on the ground and in the air?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #13639
KradmelderSA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampera View Post
That's one of the lanes that the TRF (and the Druids) saved from Wiltshire Council and English Heritage.

Thy wanted to closed it so as they could build their 'experience centre': Disneyhenge!
They want to put up a tourist trap at Stone Henge? Will it be PC and include a curry den and a McDonalds
Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #13640
KradmelderSA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstewart View Post
How much can I spend on this thing?

Damn broer, the King of Bling

Where have you packed the kitchen sink?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #13641
jay71
Farklin' Poser

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstewart View Post
How much can I spend on this thing?
You'll spend a few more bucks on MSR bottles before too long. Make sure you put a strap on each bottle cage and thread it up through the slot in the canister bottle cap then back down to the cage to hold the canisters in place; otherwise they'll go bye bye next time you hit some rough stuff!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #13642
BRUNO BOTELHO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Whichever the colour, the ADV always look's fantastic

www.motoazores.com
BRUNO BOTELHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #13643
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNO BOTELHO View Post
Whichever the colour, the ADV always look's fantastic

You should roll that beauty onto a ship that's headed west and come ride the Rockies! While Colorado's not known for its Portuguese food, I do a pretty good job in the kitchen replicating Fall River (Azorean-influenced) style "Portagee" cuisine and keep a stash of chourico and other ingredients needed. I know a few of us fellow 950/990 riders would love to show you around
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #13644
Pampera
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by KradmelderSA View Post
They want to put up a tourist trap at Stone Henge? Will it be PC and include a curry den and a McDonalds
Oh yes.

It would have effectively closed all vehicular rights of way, so the only way to see the stones would be to park in their car park (and pay), get on their sodding great land train (which would have run down the byway in the picture), view the stones for a few minutes then come back and exit through the gift shop.

Luckily the Trail Riders Fellowship and the Druids forced a public inquiry (which found in our favour). Wiltshire Council could have ignored the findings of the PI, but the threat of legal action from the TRF was too much for them.

So the threat to the lanes was lifted.

OI think they are still planning on building the vistor centre though...so if you want to actually see the stones (rather than 'experience' them), best get over here quick.
Pampera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #13645
BRUNO BOTELHO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
You should roll that beauty onto a ship that's headed west and come ride the Rockies! While Colorado's not known for its Portuguese food, I do a pretty good job in the kitchen replicating Fall River (Azorean-influenced) style "Portagee" cuisine and keep a stash of chourico and other ingredients needed. I know a few of us fellow 950/990 riders would love to show you around
That's a very good idea and i would love to do it
But not this year, so far it has been a very hard year in terms of portuguese economy
But i will keep in mind this suggestion

Last year i went twice to the mainland (Portugal) and did the Portugal de Les a Les and the N2.
Had to send the motorcycle by boat and had to travel by airplane. So, some money was spent...

Portugal of Les a Les is a touring event where we travel Portugal from the very top to the very bottom, from north to south, by traditional roads and by the typical and traditional villages, cities and other locations of Portugal.
It's an opportunity to know Portugal.
Take a look at the pictures andi video of this event: http://www.motoazores.com/index.php/...-de-les-a-les/

The N2 is another touring event that takes us from north to south of Portugal by only one road, the National Road 2 (N2), that is the most old road of Portugal, very used in other times (before highways).
It was an other opportunity to know a little more of Portugal.
Take a look at the pictures andi video of this event: http://www.motoazores.com/index.php/...longa-estrada/

These two events were performed with the KTM ADV

www.motoazores.com
BRUNO BOTELHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #13646
GreenPat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill Shubin View Post
Moscow
I can just imagine two bad guys with machine guns chasing the good guy through the streets on those...
Old 03-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #13647
KradmelderSA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampera View Post
Oh yes.

It would have effectively closed all vehicular rights of way, so the only way to see the stones would be to park in their car park (and pay), get on their sodding great land train (which would have run down the byway in the picture), view the stones for a few minutes then come back and exit through the gift shop.

Luckily the Trail Riders Fellowship and the Druids forced a public inquiry (which found in our favour). Wiltshire Council could have ignored the findings of the PI, but the threat of legal action from the TRF was too much for them.

So the threat to the lanes was lifted.

OI think they are still planning on building the vistor centre though...so if you want to actually see the stones (rather than 'experience' them), best get over here quick.
Political Correctness, Multiculti liberalism and disposable culture are destroying the world. Its sickening. Soon everywhere will look as plastic as many parts of the USA, where every motel room looks the same, every street has same chain fast food restuarants and advertising, and you can travel all day and swear you ended up in the same place.

Now its global. Go to any country, same franchises, same music on the radio, ame TV shows, same plastic garbage. Will be a sad day when european culture disappears, to be replaced by 'do you want to supersize your McStonehenge burger?'
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #13648
chilly_moose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay71 View Post
You'll spend a few more bucks on MSR bottles before too long. Make sure you put a strap on each bottle cage and thread it up through the slot in the canister bottle cap then back down to the cage to hold the canisters in place; otherwise they'll go bye bye next time you hit some rough stuff!
ooh that is a sweet ride.
chilly_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #13649
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPat View Post

I can just imagine two bad guys with machine guns chasing the good guy through the streets on those...

So can I.

Still... what's better than a photo of an Adventure? TWO ADVENTURES!

Narsisco Lopez screwed with this post 03-22-2012 at 08:33 AM
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #13650
sstewart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay71 View Post
You can barely see the cables that I made up,they are attached to the bottle cages . The caps have to be screwed off in order to get the bottle out.
sstewart is offline   Reply With Quote