ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #13666
ata
expat in the jungle
 
ata's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Bilbao, close to the fu****ng Guggenheim
Oddometer: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeair View Post
I have fun with my bike



seems to be a little bike behind the mud
__________________
Youth is wasted on the young

Need some help<<<<<<>>>>>>> wet wanderings
ata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #13667
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sumi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeair View Post
I have fun with my bike



Front fender breaking off in 3..2..1..
__________________
2005.5 950 Adventure (with 265mm travel suspension)
Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #13668
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: On your way to everywhere, Batavia, IA.
Oddometer: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Congrats - one of my bucket list roads. R looks good. No shortage of calcium chloride in the gravel by the looks of it. Any surprises on the trip?
No surprises on the Dalton, It's a fairly easy road. It almost snowed on us on top of Atigun Pass at midnight, That would have been fun though. We didn't even find it that slick when wet. It is a MUST DO ROAD though. I would do it again some day.
On the trip ? We lost a friend on the North Dempster to a crash. Starting at the N.W.T. that road is tough!!!! I wouldn't have missed it for anything though.
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #13669
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: On your way to everywhere, Batavia, IA.
Oddometer: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upAussie990 View Post
It must get bloody cold where you are hey, to have arm warmers like that, bit of a bitch to scratch your nose though.
Actually when we got to Inuvik, N.W.T. it was the warmest of the whole trip. [24 hour sun]
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #13670
Hochtouren
Improve until broken
 
Hochtouren's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Alberta High Country
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
No surprises on the Dalton, It's a fairly easy road. It almost snowed on us on top of Atigun Pass at midnight, That would have been fun though. We didn't even find it that slick when wet. It is a MUST DO ROAD though. I would do it again some day.
On the trip ? We lost a friend on the North Dempster to a crash. Starting at the N.W.T. that road is tough!!!! I wouldn't have missed it for anything though.
Curious how you managed rubber - how did the wear rates go and any flats? Assume the jerry can sufficed for extra fuel.
__________________
'12 990 ADV: The Orange Barchetta
______________________________
It's not about logic. The great thing about being a man is that it doesn't have to make sense.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #13671
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated
 
Narsisco Lopez's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Golden (Showers), Colorado
Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
Dalton Highway on the North Slope.
I expect to have similar shots of my 990A this July on the way to Deadhorse... riding up from the Denver area with my regular riding buddy and his new Super Tenere.
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #13672
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: On your way to everywhere, Batavia, IA.
Oddometer: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Curious how you managed rubber - how did the wear rates go and any flats? Assume the jerry can sufficed for extra fuel.
I put on my new Mefo once we got on the Alaskan Highway, Then it lasted the rest of the trip. No flats, The 2011 R gets great gas milage. On one stretch I went 300 miles using that extra fuel.
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #13673
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 2,070


Just turned 1000 miles
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #13674
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!
 
Xtremjeepn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: SaddleRock, Colorado
Oddometer: 2,077
Laugh

Boring driveway shot. Getting it ready for a trip and just out for a quick empty test flight today.

__________________
06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
02 KTM 520 EXC
04 KTM 351 EXC
Xtremjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #13675
Hochtouren
Improve until broken
 
Hochtouren's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Alberta High Country
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
I put on my new Mefo once we got on the Alaskan Highway, Then it lasted the rest of the trip. No flats, The 2011 R gets great gas milage. On one stretch I went 300 miles using that extra fuel.
Thanks much - might try a Mefo when the current TKC80 is toast. Happy trails.
__________________
'12 990 ADV: The Orange Barchetta
______________________________
It's not about logic. The great thing about being a man is that it doesn't have to make sense.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:28 AM   #13676
brompton92
n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 5
Took mine for a run out the other evening.

brompton92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #13677
Hochtouren
Improve until broken
 
Hochtouren's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Alberta High Country
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
Boring driveway shot. Getting it ready for a trip and just out for a quick empty test flight today.

Looks great. Would you say the Touratech seat a significant improvement over stock?
__________________
'12 990 ADV: The Orange Barchetta
______________________________
It's not about logic. The great thing about being a man is that it doesn't have to make sense.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #13678
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Looks great. Would you say the Touratech seat a significant improvement over stock?
X2, I too wanna know.

Bike looks GREAT!!!
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #13679
DeeGee
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz
 
DeeGee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Up North In The UK!
Oddometer: 1,884
Getting ready to roll last weekend on the March Moon ADV Meet in Wales.



DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #13680
RonSavage
adventure maker
 
RonSavage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Cupcake,Ga.
Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanRider View Post
Hello! First post, but long time following this forum. Picture from my last trip two weeks ago.
RonSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015