ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #13876
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated
 
Narsisco Lopez's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Golden (Showers), Colorado
Oddometer: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
If you think that was brilliant you should see what I did to follow it up in the Utah wind today!

Get that bike a pillow and a blankie... she's tired!
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #13877
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 29,151
Was out for a quick spin and snapped a few pics as I went by the airport

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #13878
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 29,151
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #13879
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 2,989
oooh 310 and a 421.....



uh..... er.... i mean nice 950
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #13880
Douf
Limey Bitch
 
Douf's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Close to Cumming (GA that is)
Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Really? That's annoying - the Touratech info I got when I ordered the DE/DE said that it would require some non-plug connections, in other words, that I would have to make some wire to wire connections because the EU/US plugs would not connect. That's no big deal, but I wasn't aware that there was a reason to order the Euro harness as well. Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting weeks for the headlight setup already (they told me it could take 6...) so hope I can graft it together without the other harness, otherwise I'll be using the new light to check out the fall snowflakes...

Did you order the Xenon lamp separately after the fact?
You couldn't really use the US harness without some extensive fabrication, since it only has a single halogen plug (+ parking lamp bulb) whereas the European harness has two separate plugs.
I've had the xenon aux lamp since before the screen was even offered and the kit needed a bit of fettling to work with the new screen bracketry. To be honest the Xenon is sofa king bright that the DE's are fairly underwhelming in comparison. However, these days I guess it's possible to source some cheap HID replacements for the conventional lamps.
The screen kit I got was an NIB item from an inmate, which conveniently circumvented Touratech's protracted delivery schedule. Only after getting the screen painted and attempting assembly did I realize that it required the Euro harness......which of course was on backorder and took a month to arrive

Douf
Douf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #13881
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!
 
Xtremjeepn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: SaddleRock, Colorado
Oddometer: 1,567
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
That's some blunt force wind...
Was kinda strange. The wind was really not blowing much when I parked. But from that spot going forward it was freakishly scary strong wind for the next 150 miles. (ish) The type of stuff that you swear is going to rip your helmet off and toss you!!

Took its toll for sure.
__________________
Cole Ford<----my iPad app ...and iPhone version.....Android Tablet version

06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
02 F650GS DAKAR
2 KLR650s Travel bikes http://coffeemotorcycleswine.blogspot.com/
Xtremjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #13882
Hochtouren
Improve until broken
 
Hochtouren's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Alberta High Country
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douf View Post
You couldn't really use the US harness without some extensive fabrication, since it only has a single halogen plug (+ parking lamp bulb) whereas the European harness has two separate plugs.
I've had the xenon aux lamp since before the screen was even offered and the kit needed a bit of fettling to work with the new screen bracketry. To be honest the Xenon is sofa king bright that the DE's are fairly underwhelming in comparison. However, these days I guess it's possible to source some cheap HID replacements for the conventional lamps.
The screen kit I got was an NIB item from an inmate, which conveniently circumvented Touratech's protracted delivery schedule. Only after getting the screen painted and attempting assembly did I realize that it required the Euro harness......which of course was on backorder and took a month to arrive

Douf
Really appreciate the warning, as at least I can get a jump on the wait time. I will get the Euro harness ordered and begin pointlessly waiting for it to arrive. Thought it was just me who had a quarterly delivery schedule from Touratech... Any idea what the part number for the harness is? Any info appreciated - I'm going off of this link:
http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/d...370-0104-0.PDF
__________________
'12 990 ADV: The Orange Barchetta
______________________________
It's not about logic. The great thing about being a man is that it doesn't have to make sense.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #13883
Beema Killa
Beema Killa
 
Beema Killa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary Canada
Oddometer: 635
My ride yesterday in the wind here had me drifting across the gravel. Had to really fight to keep her on the road.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #13884
Beema Killa
Beema Killa
 
Beema Killa's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary Canada
Oddometer: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Really appreciate the warning, as at least I can get a jump on the wait time. I will get the Euro harness ordered and begin pointlessly waiting for it to arrive. Thought it was just me who had a quarterly delivery schedule from Touratech... Any idea what the part number for the harness is? Any info appreciated - I'm going off of this link:
http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/d...370-0104-0.PDF
My Touratech headlight guard still isn't here and no ETA either. Booooo.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #13885
Hochtouren
Improve until broken
 
Hochtouren's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Alberta High Country
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
My ride yesterday in the wind here had me drifting across the gravel. Had to really fight to keep her on the road.
Maybe it has something to do with being WFO as usual?
__________________
'12 990 ADV: The Orange Barchetta
______________________________
It's not about logic. The great thing about being a man is that it doesn't have to make sense.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #13886
Hochtouren
Improve until broken
 
Hochtouren's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Alberta High Country
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
My Touratech headlight guard still isn't here and no ETA either. Booooo.
You know a supplier is slow when even the parts guy is steamed...
__________________
'12 990 ADV: The Orange Barchetta
______________________________
It's not about logic. The great thing about being a man is that it doesn't have to make sense.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #13887
Jarno
Adventurer
 
Jarno's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 15
My savage beast!









Found no introduction thread btw, so here goes.

Male 33yr, married to lovely wife and own two big dogs. Dutch and proud of it. The ADV is my first big bike and it's heaven and hell. Driven it to the Nordkapp last year and there simply is no better bike imho. Next mod will be either suspension to R specs or a 17"/19" conversion (or both )
__________________
I don't hate people, i just feel better when there not around.

600SS, GPZ500, Z750S, ADV990, ADV640, 950SUPERENDURO
Jarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #13888
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
My savage beast!









Found no introduction thread btw, so here goes.

Male 33yr, married to lovely wife and own two big dogs. Dutch and proud of it. The ADV is my first big bike and it's heaven and hell. Driven it to the Nordkapp last year and there simply is no better bike imho. Next mod will be either suspension to R specs or a 17"/19" conversion (or both )
Welcome! you have the lights that i want!!!
__________________
Ride 365 LLC
Braaaap!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #13889
Jarno
Adventurer
 
Jarno's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 15
I can only recommend those rigid industries led lights, I think there even brighter than Xenon. But only 15W power consumption!
__________________
I don't hate people, i just feel better when there not around.

600SS, GPZ500, Z750S, ADV990, ADV640, 950SUPERENDURO
Jarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #13890
Av8rPaul
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Av8rPaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nevada
Oddometer: 381
Great looking bike Jarno!
__________________
Paul
2012 Triumph Scrambler
IBA #33
KTM 950 Adventure, Buell 1125R, Ducati ST4S, BMW R100/7 (x2), Triumph T140E, Suzuki GS1100G, Yamaha SR500, Honda CB750K, and a bunch of dirt bikes...
Av8rPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014