Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #76
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
only gotta wait 6 yrs. or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconstructed View Post
Well, I have been fortunate to have seen about half the world, and 47 of the lower 48, simply because of jobs that required lots of travel. Now, I am fortunate to have three beautiful, happy, and healthy children and a wife that (although I sometimes want to scream) I am happy to be with.

So yeah, I'm kinda screwed as far as lots of solo travel time is concerned, but to hear the joyful laughter of your own children is well worth the trade-off.

So, If I'm really lucky, in another 17 years I'll be able to make up for lost time. In the mean time...
Take trips like that with your kids, they'll love it, my girls and my nephew, though grown still talk about ridin' with daddy! Those are the best times, when you get the one on one time with them. They may get a little bent when they don't get to go that time, that's not what they'll remember though, so enjoy them while they're young, time really does fly!
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #77
Reconstructed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
That is part of my game plan, I already take them on little loops around the neighborhood, and when they get a little older, I plan on venturing out further and further. Eventually, I will be able to make up for some lost time...
Reconstructed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #78
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Great rr

You got some really nie shots, damned stuk keys! This ride is HIGH on my list, has been for awhile, thanks for taking us along!
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #79
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
ANOTHER lurker here that totally enjoyed your trip report. When planning my trip last summer, I called High Country annd was advised by the owner to go somewhere else if i was expecting a quiet campground...
WILLVILLE, BlueRidge mc campground, and TWO are excellent tthough!
I think it was High Country that I tried to find only to find out from a local they forgot a road in their directions. Then when i got close I stopped and asked a cple other guys if I was heading in the right directions... they said "up this road and there are a lot of your friends up there". It was Sunday night and when I found the place it looked like they had had an all weekend party. Pretty much a field with a bunch of porta-jons in it. I turned around got gas and went back to the parkway.

rockinrog screwed with this post 12-05-2010 at 07:45 AM
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #80
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here is a link to some pics I took the 1st time I was on the prkwy a few years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogerly...7612360877045/
Old 12-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #81
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
Great report and pics. Fall colors are beautiful, I need to make it out to that part of the country. Thanks for sharing.

My favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post

2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #82
stubmw
some what aloof

Oddometer: 2,444
Thanks Rockinrog!!! I have done the SLD/BRP a few times. I think it's one of my most favorite places to ride. The last time I went It was during the middle of the week and start at first light and would be several hours before I would even see another vehical. Is beautiful motorcycle bliss.
think you will reconize these locations.

stubmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #83
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,135
I guess that I am spoiled in that I live only @25 miles from about the middle of the parkway. It is my favorite ride area. Especially below Asheville and just above Roanoke.

Awesome RR!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #84
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450trailrider View Post
I guess that I am spoiled in that I live only @25 miles from about the middle of the parkway. It is my favorite ride area. Especially below Asheville and just above Roanoke.

Awesome RR!
Thx 450trail ... There is part of me that is jealous and part of me that is glad I have to travel to get there... kind of makes it feel special when I hit one of those Entering BRP signs.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #85
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubmw View Post
Thanks Rockinrog!!! I have done the SLD/BRP a few times. I think it's one of my most favorite places to ride. The last time I went It was during the middle of the week and start at first light and would be several hours before I would even see another vehical. Is beautiful motorcycle bliss.
think you will reconize these locations.
Yes they bring back memories. It definately has a special spot in my heart as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #86
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin View Post
Great report and pics. Fall colors are beautiful, I need to make it out to that part of the country. Thanks for sharing.

My favorite.
Thx Price Lake beautiful in the fall.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #87
T3/T4 Hybrid
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post

Im glad to see that the weather on your trip of the Parkway was better than mine in late Sept. But heck any trip on the Parkway can't be too bad.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #88
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3/T4 Hybrid View Post
Im glad to see that the weather on your trip of the Parkway was better than mine in late Sept. But heck any trip on the Parkway can't be too bad.
I have been lucky I guess, two out of the three times I was on the parkway the weather was GREAT!!!....knock on wood
Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #89
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,230
Great report. We did the end to end this past summer, including Skyline Drive. Took the auto train from Orlando to Lorton, VA, rode over to Front Royal and ran all 600 + miles, 2 up!! Even did a couple side trips down fire roads. The whole thing is such a fantastic trip. Did the Cherahola across to the south, road the north foothills back up to Bristol VA crossed back over the mountains and road the south foothills!! 2900 miles and ten days by the time we got back to south FLA. Was a great ride and one of these days I might finish the ride report I have started!!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 AM   #90
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
Great report. We did the end to end this past summer, including Skyline Drive. Took the auto train from Orlando to Lorton, VA, rode over to Front Royal and ran all 600 + miles, 2 up!! Even did a couple side trips down fire roads. The whole thing is such a fantastic trip. Did the Cherahola across to the south, road the north foothills back up to Bristol VA crossed back over the mountains and road the south foothills!! 2900 miles and ten days by the time we got back to south FLA. Was a great ride and one of these days I might finish the ride report I have started!!!
Thx flrider1..If you finish it post the link, I'd love to read it.
I am thinking about taking the auto train from va to florida in Feb and riding down to key west and basically just enjoy warmer weather for a week. Call it the I Hate Winter Tour. An auto train tips to pass on?