Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #166
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLeroy View Post
In one of the battery relocation threads I saw where Inmate CW did a battery replacement for Inmate Wattner on his XR650L using what appears to be your A123 4.6 AH Kit C. What kind of feedback, if any, are you getting for this application, particularly where the rider doesn't have any electronic stuff that runs with the bike turned off?
Hi,

I haven't received any direct feedback for the bike you mention above, but I've helped several inmates with these applications on other bikes. 3 most important things to remember: 1) Use at least 6 AWG wire (Welding grade) for the extension cable. (required to transfer high-amp starting power), 2) Make sure the rectifier/regulator is putting out at least 14 volts... buy a cheap mulitmeter if you don't have one and check the battery at the terminals right after the engine turns off to show it's charge. 3) If the battery is above 13.2 volts after sitting (which it will more likely be much higher) then let the bike sit and DO NOT LEAVE ON A CHARGER OF ANY KIND.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #167
chucker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
I am interested in a battery for my 2009 KTM 690 Enduro R. I think I need the 8 cell. Can you verify this? Are they still available/on sale? Also, how much is shipping to Canada?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #168
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I am interested in a battery for my 2009 KTM 690 Enduro R. I think I need the 8 cell. Can you verify this? Are they still available/on sale? Also, how much is shipping to Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the 8 Cell AM08 is the one. Shipping to Canada varies, but usually around 20 bucks.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #169
rm_pt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
Hi Andrew, the 8 Cell below would be the correct choice. I have one on my 2007 650:

http://shop.testsycl.com/A123-SYCL-0...Y-4S2PAM08.htm
Hi, 3 questions:

a) For a single '06 F650GS, the item above has the end terminals? what is the main diference to thoses: http://shop.testsycl.com/A123-46-AH-...RS-4S2P003.htm

b) can these batteries be charged with the usual wall mount 12v moto charger as the std ones?

c) about the new restritions on US regarding overseas transport on Li batts, is this affect ship to Europe?

thanks
rm_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #170
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_pt View Post
Hi, 3 questions:

a) For a single '06 F650GS, the item above has the end terminals? what is the main diference to thoses: http://shop.testsycl.com/A123-46-AH-...RS-4S2P003.htm

b) can these batteries be charged with the usual wall mount 12v moto charger as the std ones?

c) about the new restritions on US regarding overseas transport on Li batts, is this affect ship to Europe?

thanks

a) The AM08 is a sealed unit with brass terminals and the 4.6 is shrink wrapped with quick disconnects. (more for racers with total loss ignitions that may need to swap out batteries quickly.) We recommend the AM08 for the F650

b) Trickle chargers are not needed and not recommended. Unless you leave your accessories on overnight and drain the battery it will hold a charge for up to a year. If you do leave your GPS or other item on and it drains the battery overnight a trickle charger will not work. We are going to have a low price balance charger that would bring the battery back from an overnight drain up on the site soon. A battery Tender Jr. will not hurt the battery, but never use a car charger.

c) Unfortunately USPS will not ship overseas so we are updating the site shipping rules accordingly. It will raise shipping costs to use Fedex or UPS
Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #171
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

New low prices

Here's the latest from Sycl batteries: ADV discount is 10% KOTW2012

www.syclbatt.com

herrhelmet screwed with this post 06-07-2012 at 07:53 AM
herrhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #172
DDT Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Here's the latest from Sycl batteries: ADV discount is 10% KOTW2012

www.syclbatt.com

There's a typo in the cc capacity for the 12-cell...it says 500cc again...
DDT Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #173
rm_pt
Adventurer

Quote:
a) The AM08 is a sealed unit with brass terminals and the 4.6 is shrink wrapped with quick disconnects. (more for racers with total loss ignitions that may need to swap out batteries quickly.) We recommend the AM08 for the F650

b) Trickle chargers are not needed and not recommended. Unless you leave your accessories on overnight and drain the battery it will hold a charge for up to a year. If you do leave your GPS or other item on and it drains the battery overnight a trickle charger will not work. We are going to have a low price balance charger that would bring the battery back from an overnight drain up on the site soon. A battery Tender Jr. will not hurt the battery, but never use a car charger.

c) Unfortunately USPS will not ship overseas so we are updating the site shipping rules accordingly. It will raise shipping costs to use Fedex or UPS
Tks for the reply, please let us know when the shippment method can be change or if you have any rep in Europe since by now the cost of UPS is higher than the goods, and I ve inc the charger:)
Old 06-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #174
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_pt View Post
Tks for the reply, please let us know when the shippment method can be change or if you have any rep in Europe since by now the cost of UPS is higher than the goods, and I ve inc the charger:)
I've really spent some time looking into this, and it's the usual Government hip-shot over reach reaction... The USPS is basing its information on the laptop fires with the old Lithium Ion batteries, and have lumped all the Lithium Batteries in without distinction, even though the LiFePO4 are safe from spontaneous fire.

In addition, we had to apply for a special Hazardous Materials option and it all has just killed the ability to send individual units overseas.

So very sorry.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #175
rm_pt
Adventurer

Quote:
I've really spent some time looking into this, and it's the usual Government hip-shot over reach reaction... The USPS is basing its information on the laptop fires with the old Lithium Ion batteries, and have lumped all the Lithium Batteries in without distinction, even though the LiFePO4 are safe from spontaneous fire.

In addition, we had to apply for a special Hazardous Materials option and it all has just killed the ability to send individual units overseas.

So very sorry.
yeap, air security right... we're not far away of air travel to be put in a freeze container and traveling like south american beef with no complain... the issue is more a ban on export trade than a security issue as you mention: fedex and ups are insane?? no right? Althought i think that i've read that the usps ban is temporary (?)... it's always easier to ban...

Any plans of a rep in Europe?

Cheers,
Rui
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #176
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,095
Jim
You may want to go back through the thread and edit out your links to other companies. I get confused easy.
Anyhow....for my stock DRZ that occassionally gets started at below 40F (i.e. WMRS).....would you recommend the AM08 or would the AM04 suffice?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #177
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by groop View Post
Jim
You may want to go back through the thread and edit out your links to other companies. I get confused easy.
Anyhow....for my stock DRZ that occassionally gets started at below 40F (i.e. WMRS).....would you recommend the AM08 or would the AM04 suffice?

Thanks, I edited the first page, but all goes to the same place...

The AM04 will start the bike fine down to 30 At that temp, you would need several pulse cranks to warm the battery.

The AM08 would have the reserve power to 25 without needing it. I tend to go for more power if I don't have a kickstarter.

On KTM 450s and small bikes with a kickstart the AM04 is all you ever need.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #178
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

International shipping update

Regarding the new shipping restrictions and expensive UPS International rates on the website.

If you live outside of the US (except AFO unfortunately) I can quote shipping via PM. This is for advriders only.

I should be able to get reasonable pricing similar to what it was before.... $25 to $35 max.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #179
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,406
Ordered an AM08 for my TE610 last week and received it in two days. I could not believe how small and lightweight they are, my regular mounting strap would not work so I just used some heavy duty zip ties to secure it place.

Thanks for the great fast service

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #180
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,179
Hi

Just put a 12 cell into my 530. Had to heat the batterybox a bit, but sits tight know. And yes it starts pretty fast now.