Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #31
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead
Can you make a 12 cell unit for my RC51? Maybe the LC8 guys will get into this too :)

Hey Duy, Yes I can. I will have 3 types------ 4 cell, 8 cell (available now) and the 12 coming out in December.

I have a rider testing the 8 cell unit on a Ducati 1098 for trackdays only. For daily drivers I'm going to add in a low voltage alarm as an option. (They don't like to be drained by alarms or driving lights being left on etc.), but the smaller dirtbikes like Husky 450s or KTM 450s shouldn't need them.

If you can wait a bit I'll post up specs. It would be a 7Ah which should be fine for your bike.

Jim
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #32
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,228
couldn't access the website to see what they cost but

would these be appropriate for running bike or helmet lights on a bike without a charging system?
dentvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #33
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentvet
couldn't access the website to see what they cost but

would these be appropriate for running bike or helmet lights on a bike without a charging system?

I'm testing them on a pitbike without a charging system right now.

I'm using the 10W LED spotlight which puts out a great beam... so far great success. Just using a Battery Tender Jr. I've had them on continuously for up to 3 hours without going dim.

I'm going to test longer tonight. I think they would be great for night rides on mountain bikes or helmets.

You just want to make sure you unplug the battery everytime your done with a ride and keep it charged. These don't like to be overdischarged.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607184

I will post up this week when the site is fixed and all pricing will be available.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #34
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,312
Question...I'm looking for a very small battery for my XR 650 R. I have a rewound stator by Baja Designs and running Halogen lights, LED rear break lights. I really want the battery to help run the GPS. I want to install it under the seat.

What is the smallest battery that you have? Will it work for my application?

Thanks for your time. Jim
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #35
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
Question...I'm looking for a very small battery for my XR 650 R. I have a rewound stator by Baja Designs and running Halogen lights, LED rear break lights. I really want the battery to help run the GPS. I want to install it under the seat.

What is the smallest battery that you have? Will it work for my application?

Thanks for your time. Jim

I have the 2.3 AH which are approx. 1" thick 4" long and 2.5" high and weigh around 11 oz. The least expensive (which I have sold to other guys running the Baja kits on their 650Rs) sell for $99, but I am going to give a 10% ADV discount on all batteries. Just haven't finished the website/shopping site yet.

Here's what it looks like. Comes with 6" of 8AWG battery cable.

If you want one, just PM me. So $89. Shipping is only $5

Thanks,

Jim
Old 12-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #36
Garthe

Thank you for the info. Price is always important, but, what is the next step up in quality and size? Or does that make the battery size to large for under the seat. Also, how does it compare to this battery:

http://www.trailtech.net/040-BATT3.7.html

Cheers, Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
I have the 2.3 AH which are approx. 1" thick 4" long and 2.5" high and weigh around 11 oz. The least expensive (which I have sold to other guys running the Baja kits on their 650Rs) sell for $99, but I am going to give a 10% ADV discount on all batteries. Just haven't finished the website/shopping site yet.

Here's what it looks like. Comes with 6" of 8AWG battery cable.

If you want one, just PM me. So $89. Shipping is only $5

Thanks,

Jim
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #37
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
Thank you for the info. Price is always important, but, what is the next step up in quality and size? Or does that make the battery size to large for under the seat. Also, how does it compare to this battery:

http://www.trailtech.net/040-BATT3.7.html

Cheers, Jim

The batteries I sell are considered "starting" batteries which have high CCA or cold cranking amps rather than a more deep cycle battery like the trailtech ones your looking at. Either works fine for running lights and accessories as long as the bikes charging system is running. If you don't need the starting power and want to save the $ the NiMH work o.k. I can't tell you how long the trailtech batts last, but the SYCL battery would be good for 5+ years. If you want to leave your GPS on for a long time with out the bike running the NiMH would be better.

The next size up would be the 4.6 AH which is at the beginning of this post.

size is the same but 2" instead of 1" thick.

Jim
Old 12-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #38
Garthe

Thumb

Thank you for your honest answer.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #39
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
After a cold, cold morning that drained my AGM battery, I got to thinking about these again. What do you think of the idea of wiring in a harness to allow one of your batteries to be used as a booster? My thought is to keep it in the house, nice and warm, and then bring it out for an extra burst of power as needed. I'd also bring it along with me for longer rides just in case.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #40
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLuke View Post
After a cold, cold morning that drained my AGM battery, I got to thinking about these again. What do you think of the idea of wiring in a harness to allow one of your batteries to be used as a booster? My thought is to keep it in the house, nice and warm, and then bring it out for an extra burst of power as needed. I'd also bring it along with me for longer rides just in case.
I do exactly that with my snowmobile in Utah. I have a quick disconnect and the battery is just velcroed in with a rubber strap. I keep in on the shelf and it takes 10 seconds to put it in.

On my F650.... so far never run into a situation where it was below 40 but my next mod is to relocate the LifePO4 under the seat with a quick disconnect. So I can do the same.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #41
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
I do exactly that with my snowmobile in Utah. I have a quick disconnect and the battery is just velcroed in with a rubber strap. I keep in on the shelf and it takes 10 seconds to put it in.

On my F650.... so far never run into a situation where it was below 40 but my next mod is to relocate the LifePO4 under the seat with a quick disconnect. So I can do the same.
Thanks for the info. I'll see about freeing up some funds for this, then.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #42
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,455
Are we talking a double battery system? Cause the bike won't run without the bat. So you'd need both attached at the same time. Just wondering what the wiring diagram would look like.
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #43
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotten View Post
Are we talking a double battery system? Cause the bike won't run without the bat. So you'd need both attached at the same time. Just wondering what the wiring diagram would look like.

I think he is thinking of using it as a jumpstarter battery with both connected, but the best plan is just to relocate under the seat with a connector and no need for the other one. You can put a potted flower in the old tray and have it stick out like one of the VW beetles....
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #44
rtwdoug
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,628
hello
I'm looking for some sort of a backup battery for this years trip, as the bike I am building doesnt have a kickstarter, & I dont want to get stuck in the ass of the geography. You think this style battery would be a good backup to carry in my bag, just in case?

Thanks, Doug

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 AM   #45
herrhelmet OP
A Serious Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
hello
I'm looking for some sort of a backup battery for this years trip, as the bike I am building doesnt have a kickstarter, & I dont want to get stuck in the ass of the geography. You think this style battery would be a good backup to carry in my bag, just in case?

Thanks, Doug
It's a perfect backup battery because it can sit for up to a year without needed a trickle charger. What bike are you riding?