Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #1516
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,869
Jim, I wish you had given me more notice on the trail clean up. I have already promised my Saturday morning away.
I live five miles from where I go on Ross. I always promise myself to pick up at least one piece of trash every trip.
You've seen me on my XR650L down there.
More time before the next trail clean up please. I might even get the 300 out.
Jeff
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #1517
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudsracer View Post
Re: Ross Property

The trails are in great shape, except for storm debris blocking the route. The traction is fantastic, as always. We try to not let the track wash out and rut up.

The Arkansas Dirt Riders and several of the local riders have been working very hard at cutting and clearing up the large trail debris, and have quite a few miles that are at least ride-able.
It's going to be a while before the northern perimeter trails and some of the extreme western mountain trails to the north are really as clear as they should be.

We welcome all the trail rehab efforts that anyone wants to come out and do. I know it means a lot to all the single track riders that love the place, because I fall into that category.

There will be a work party (two wheeled) leaving from the gas line right-of-way at 9 am Saturday. They have chain saws, so they will need "throwers" and vine cutters. (I'll be throwing and vine cutting.)

Ya'll are welcome to come join us. Just walk up and introduce yourself. I'll be happy to shake your hand.

Good Riding and Trail Working,
Jim
Would have been happy to help with just a little notice.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #1518
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

flat track in Little Rock 5/18

stevenaceracing.com
Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #1519
Wudsracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho View Post
Jim, I cannot make it this weekend but will be planning a trip soon, and we would be happy to help in the trail clearing effort. BTW, our single track at Breezy is really coming along. Lots of new members and they are working hard to get it cleared.

Pat

Patrick!
Great to see you here. I need to visit more often. Reggie is keeping me informed on the physical trail situation at Breezy Hills, and Blanco is telling me more about the club/FS situation. (and I'm still on the mailing list)
I sure miss that place. I hope it gets back to where we can ride there whenever we want, again.

How long have you had the 950? Like it?
Let me know when you are headed north.

Jim
Wudsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #1520
Wudsracer
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
Jim, I wish you had given me more notice on the trail clean up. I have already promised my Saturday morning away.
I live five miles from where I go on Ross. I always promise myself to pick up at least one piece of trash every trip.
You've seen me on my XR650L down there.
More time before the next trail clean up please. I might even get the 300 out.
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I think I saw you out there a couple of weeks ago. Glad to "meet" you.
The club is meeting in North Little Rock tonight.
The forum is at www.arkansasdirtriders.com .

As far as I know, they are meeting at the gas line right of way every Saturday morning (leaving on/for trail work at 9 am) working on clearing the trail of storm damage. I was told that they still need a lot of work on the north east part of the property, but the only way I can find the route, except for the 7 miles over Big Nasty Ridge for which I'm personally responsible, is to go out with the work parties. (They change the main trail route for the race a bit each year.)
I'm sure that if you showed up and told them you want to help work, they would welcome you to join them. They were happy to see that Memphis rider who showed up to work a couple of weeks ago.

If you see me, say Hi. I'm going to be riding with a son and grandson(s) this coming Saturday morning. We will probably park on the side of hwy 7 by the yellow gate.

Good Riding!
Jim
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #1521
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

That wasn't me a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been riding in a while.
I find out tomorrow if I have to work Saturday. The 3 lane portion of 7 is where I get onto Ross.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1522
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Hey Jim. I bought the 950SM in June 2011. It's a blast. Awesome motor! Suspension is a bit harsh. I've revalved the entire setup twice to soften it. It handles great on our rough roads. Even gets me down the gravel roads in AR.

Yeah, Breezy is moving along now that we have some new motivated members. They are working trail this weekend. I may come up to AR for Easter weekend if I'm healed. Been fighting a shoulder strain for 3-weeks.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #1523
Wudsracer
Adventurer

Thumb

I like that photo. Beautiful fall colors!

I will be tied up for Easter weekend with family activities, but the next weekend is the Wudi15. Maybe you can join us.

This year's Wudi Ride is coming up next month, April 5-7, the week after Easter. (and probably a day or two earlier) There is even going to be a dual sport contingent at the ride this year. (hopefully Devro among them). Combs, AR is a great starting point for DS riding, as well as the mountain single track riding.

Wudi15 information web page:
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi15/wudi15.html

Wudi15 forum:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WUDI/index.php?showforum=7

Tell everyone who might enjoy it to come join us. Tell the DS contingent of the Breezy Hills club about it. (I was thinking of Ronnie Cambre, especially.) I'm bringing a couple of pure dirt bikes and also my plated KTM 520EXC.

Good Riding!
Jim
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #1524
Mister D OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
I rode with Devro one time. I think that guy knows every inch of this state. That was a good ride.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #1525
Mister D OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
Hey Jeff, thanks for the tip on the flat track being on May 18. I love that stuff. The next weekend, I'm gonna head up to the Springfield Mile for the first time.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #1526
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudsracer View Post
I like that photo. Beautiful fall colors!

I will be tied up for Easter weekend with family activities, but the next weekend is the Wudi15. Maybe you can join us.

This year's Wudi Ride is coming up next month, April 5-7, the week after Easter. (and probably a day or two earlier) There is even going to be a dual sport contingent at the ride this year. (hopefully Devro among them). Combs, AR is a great starting point for DS riding, as well as the mountain single track riding.

Wudi15 information web page:
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi15/wudi15.html

Wudi15 forum:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WUDI/index.php?showforum=7

Tell everyone who might enjoy it to come join us. Tell the DS contingent of the Breezy Hills club about it. (I was thinking of Ronnie Cambre, especially.) I'm bringing a couple of pure dirt bikes and also my plated KTM 520EXC.

Good Riding!
Jim
I hear Ronnie has gone to the gym and is down to 200lbs, 33 inch waist and a very pretty boy now!!!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #1527
Wudsracer
Adventurer

Thumb

I was finally able to put the 520 EXC through it's paces yesterday. We (family ride, with two sons and two grandsons) rode at Hwy 89 raceway (north of Little Rock and east of Mayflower) and mostly stayed to the rocky hills in the back left part of the property. I was very favorably impressed with the 520. And, anything I found that I wish were different would NOT apply to DS riding.

That climbs up almost impossible steep rocky climbs with no momentum. Hell Yes!

Good Riding!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #1528
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Jim, I know what mean. I picked up a street-legal '07 450 EXC for dual sporting. It's been a great bike for the kind of riding I like, and I'm confident in the durability of the RFS motor. I wish I had bought this in '07 and had skipped the heavy ds bikes altogether. This bike is twice the fun.

The WR450 is still my favorite for single track because it is more stable at a faster pace.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #1529
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
I hear Ronnie has gone to the gym and is down to 200lbs, 33 inch waist and a very pretty boy now!!!
Yeah, he's slimmed down but I don't know about "pretty"
Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #1530
Wudsracer
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho View Post
Jim, I know what mean. I picked up a street-legal '07 450 EXC for dual sporting. It's been a great bike for the kind of riding I like, and I'm confident in the durability of the RFS motor. I wish I had bought this in '07 and had skipped the heavy ds bikes altogether. This bike is twice the fun.

The WR450 is still my favorite for single track because it is more stable at a faster pace.

I got this '01 520 particularly because of the RFS engine. I did not want a MX based engine, with their shorter service intervals and high maintenance costs. I really like the low rpm wheelies, too. :-)