ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #76
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,468
Added a Pyramid plastics F/Ext and a mudflap.

http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/ca...oducts_id=2770

http://yambits.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1150

I'll post in the general thread too.
Attached Images
 
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #77
guymanbro
da Vermonster
 
guymanbro's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Suburb of Podunk
Oddometer: 1,322
The video the AMA didn't want you to see?

They sent me out to ride the bike and I wrote an article and did this video. They used the article but never posted the video, so I'm doing it. Maybe it sucks. I'm sure some of you ffs will chime in on that.

__________________
da Vermonster
http://www.kirstyrock.com

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #78
guymanbro
da Vermonster
 
guymanbro's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Suburb of Podunk
Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo View Post
guymanbro that was great! LMAO
Great job and a tuff one at that Want to trade jobs?
Thanks combo. Glad you enjoyed it. I mean, I know it should have a lot more footage of the bike, but when you send one guy with one camera (that cost more than I was supposed to get paid for the whole gig), you can only capture so much. But it was one of the nicer hotels I've ever stayed in, barring the ones where I used to work.
__________________
da Vermonster
http://www.kirstyrock.com

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #79
guymanbro
da Vermonster
 
guymanbro's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Suburb of Podunk
Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo View Post
__________________
da Vermonster
http://www.kirstyrock.com

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #80
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,379
You Guys maybe interested in the Oz experience.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605112
__________________


QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #81
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost
 
Crazy Canadian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Soaking up the Southern Californian Sun.
Oddometer: 2,026
So no Super Tenere for North America until 2013 if at all... Due to the Quake etc in Japan Yamaha has canceled the S10 for North America... Makes my choice a little easier...
__________________
I've learned to give "impossible" the finger as I pass it by.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #82
fredz43
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Illinois- land of straight, flat, boring roads.
Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
So no Super Tenere for North America until 2013 if at all... Due to the Quake etc in Japan Yamaha has canceled the S10 for North America... Makes my choice a little easier...
Well, I don't know about Canada, but the USA part of North America Super Tenere's are now scheduled to be deilvered by Nov 30, 2011.
fredz43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #83
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost
 
Crazy Canadian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Soaking up the Southern Californian Sun.
Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz43 View Post
Well, I don't know about Canada, but the USA part of North America Super Tenere's are now scheduled to be deilvered by Nov 30, 2011.
I live in the USA. And from what the Marketing guy for the Yamaha Demo days said to me good luck with that! November is a best case scenario and his bet "off the record" was 10-12 months at best.
__________________
I've learned to give "impossible" the finger as I pass it by.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #84
fredz43
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Illinois- land of straight, flat, boring roads.
Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
I live in the USA. And from what the Marketing guy for the Yamaha Demo days said to me good luck with that! November is a best case scenario and his bet "off the record" was 10-12 months at best.
Did your marketing demo guy see the letter sent yesterday saying they will finish USA deliveries by Nov 30? Nothing about cancelling for North America until 2013.


April 20, 2011
2012 Super Ténéré Shipment
Dear Yamaha Motorcycle Dealer,
Due to the recent devastating events in Japan, our factory finds that it is necessary to delay the
production and shipment of the 2012 Super Ténéré.
While Yamaha Motor Company‘s factories were not directly affected by the earthquake, many of
our suppliers were, and that is the case as it relates to Super Ténéré production.
Based on the most recent production and supplier updates from Japan, we expect to finish
deliveries of Super Ténéré PDP orders by November 30, 2011.
Due to this production and delivery delay, Yamaha is providing your Priority Delivery Program
customers the opportunity to cancel their PDP order and receive a full refund of their deposit.
We apologize for this unfortunate situation and we hope that your customer is willing to wait for
this incredible motorcycle. If as a result of this new delivery schedule your customer prefers to
cancel their “Priority Delivery Program” order, please return their deposit and Yamaha will credit
your parts account.
If you have a customer that wishes to cancel their Super Ténéré PDP order and receive a
refund, please complete the attached “PDP Order Cancellation & Deposit Reimbursement Claim
Form” and fax the signed form back to Yamaha at xxx.xxx.xxxx, no later than May 31, 2011.
On behalf of all of us at Yamaha, we want to thank you once again for marketing and selling
what we believe to be the finest “Adventure Touring” motorcycling in the industry. Both
European and American moto-journalists have written rave reviews and we know your customer
will be equally impressed with their new motorcycle.
Thank you for your understanding and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this
situation may cause you, your dealership, or your customers.
Sincerely,
Dennis McNeal
Motorcycle Operations
Motorsports Group Company
fredz43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #85
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost
 
Crazy Canadian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Soaking up the Southern Californian Sun.
Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz43 View Post
Did your marketing demo guy see the letter sent yesterday saying they will finish USA deliveries by Nov 30? Nothing about cancelling for North America until 2013.


April 20, 2011
2012 Super Ténéré Shipment
Dear Yamaha Motorcycle Dealer,
Due to the recent devastating events in Japan, our factory finds that it is necessary to delay the
production and shipment of the 2012 Super Ténéré.
While Yamaha Motor Company‘s factories were not directly affected by the earthquake, many of
our suppliers were, and that is the case as it relates to Super Ténéré production.
Based on the most recent production and supplier updates from Japan, we expect to finish
deliveries of Super Ténéré PDP orders by November 30, 2011.
Due to this production and delivery delay, Yamaha is providing your Priority Delivery Program
customers the opportunity to cancel their PDP order and receive a full refund of their deposit.
We apologize for this unfortunate situation and we hope that your customer is willing to wait for
this incredible motorcycle. If as a result of this new delivery schedule your customer prefers to
cancel their “Priority Delivery Program” order, please return their deposit and Yamaha will credit
your parts account.
If you have a customer that wishes to cancel their Super Ténéré PDP order and receive a
refund, please complete the attached “PDP Order Cancellation & Deposit Reimbursement Claim
Form” and fax the signed form back to Yamaha at xxx.xxx.xxxx, no later than May 31, 2011.
On behalf of all of us at Yamaha, we want to thank you once again for marketing and selling
what we believe to be the finest “Adventure Touring” motorcycling in the industry. Both
European and American moto-journalists have written rave reviews and we know your customer
will be equally impressed with their new motorcycle.
Thank you for your understanding and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this
situation may cause you, your dealership, or your customers.
Sincerely,
Dennis McNeal
Motorcycle Operations
Motorsports Group Company
That is the same letter he showed me and he referred to as their hope but in his opinion highly unlikely.
__________________
I've learned to give "impossible" the finger as I pass it by.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #86
20valves
Yamaholic
 
20valves's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
...but in his opinion highly unlikely.
And his opinion trumps the letter because......what? He implies the factory is being intentionally deceptive. Pretty heavy stuff. If his employer knew he was saying that, he might be lookin' for a new job.
__________________
'14 500 EXC, '06 R1 LE, '13 FJR, '12 XTZ12, '09 T Max
20valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #87
RogerJ
Waypoint Wanderer
 
RogerJ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: On The Road Again/Off The Road Again
Oddometer: 214
BTW.......Mexico is part of North America (Remember NAFTA) and we have had the Super Tenere here since August of 2010 so the "cancelled for North America" statement is overbroad as well.
__________________
XT1200Z; F700GS; F650
RogerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #88
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valves View Post
And his opinion trumps the letter because......what? He implies the factory is being intentionally deceptive. Pretty heavy stuff. If his employer knew he was saying that, he might be lookin' for a new job.


sounds like Crazy Canadian was talking to the worst "marketing rep" in the history of marketing reps.


Either that or it was just a homeless schizophrenic pretending to work for Yamaha.
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #89
GrahamD OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,972
[12 APR 2011]
Added RogerJ Long term report. Owns S10, GS and GSA concurrently!! [24 APR 2011]
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post15739434

In "General Impressions, Reviews and Info"

__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 04-24-2011 at 01:14 AM
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #90
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost
 
Crazy Canadian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Soaking up the Southern Californian Sun.
Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
sounds like Crazy Canadian was talking to the worst "marketing rep" in the history of marketing reps.


Either that or it was just a homeless schizophrenic pretending to work for Yamaha.
That maybe true but when you ask a guy man to man for the inside truth off the record I prefer that the Marketing Rep side be kept out of it. It might get here in November, who knows really? But with the GS a total loss and only an XT225 in the garage now I am not going to be waiting to see. 800XC now on order.
__________________
I've learned to give "impossible" the finger as I pass it by.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014