ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #106
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
Force Bash Plate

As mentioned a few days ago I now have photos of the finished product. Recommend retail price of $240 AUD
One piece 4mm alloy folded and welded, polymer coated, stainless steel brackets.
Designed to fit with genuine Yamaha crashbars may also work with other brands as well.
My bike was used for jigging and construction of the bash plate.
Only 4 bolts to remove the plate for oil changing.

http://forceaccessories.com.au/

I will post up some more photos over the coming days with it fitted to my bike.

The mounting hardware.



Side on view



Front end view



Side view with brackety fitted

__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #107
Chris618
Studly Adventurer
 
Chris618's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Troy, NY
Oddometer: 771
Nice! Pics on bike, pics on bike.
__________________
Super Tenere
400 exc sm
ttr 125
Chris618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #108
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Damascus, MD
Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
As mentioned a few days ago I now have photos of the finished product. Recommend retail price of $240 AUD
One piece 4mm alloy folded and welded, polymer coated, stainless steel brackets.
Designed to fit with genuine Yamaha crashbars may also work with other brands as well.
My bike was used for jigging and construction of the bash plate.
Only 4 bolts to remove the plate for oil changing.

Side view with brackety fitted

The plate itself looks nice but are you really putting the weight of the bike & rider, plus some impact momentum of a 550+ pound machine, on those upainted bits?
__________________
Super Tenere & WR250R, AMA, IBA
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #109
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477
In responce yes and I'd happily back up the product. I will say that I don't believe that there is a product out there that will save you from all impacts but this one may well work better than some others. A lot of time and effort has been put into its design. Compared to the Yammie product, its head and shoulders above it. Designs from Yamaha, SW Motech, Hepco & Becker and Altrider were all looked at in the design faze looking at how they mounted and covered the engine and exhaust. The mounting brackets you refer to are 3mm thick stainless. I will also say that I did give another Australian m/cycle accessory manufacturer a crack at it before Force Accessories but they were not interested their loss I suppose. The last time I checked the other equivalent products were only 3mm alloy with the Altrider being ever so slightly thicker. I am quite happy for someone to disprove this for me. In saying this I am in no way slagging off on the other products they are very good products in their on right.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #110
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer
 
Rema in Paluda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
In responce yes and I'd happily back up the product. I will say that I don't believe that there is a product out there that will save you from all impacts but this one may well work better than some others.

Coulkd you show a picture of how far out it sits on te right side, e.g. does it safeguards the Waterpump like the H&B does?



And i don't mean this seperate piece, because in my eyes its superfluos with the pan instaled
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #111
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME
 
Brendan J's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: ROLLIN AROUND THE VICTORIAN COUNTRY SIDE !!!
Oddometer: 1,477


This an older pic of one of the prototype plates but the coverage is pretty much the same. Bare in mind that I am running the GYTR crashbars so it protects the waterpump quite well.
__________________
01 HONDA VFR800 FOR SALE
03 HONDA CB1300F3
13 HUSQVARNA WR125
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #112
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer
 
Rema in Paluda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan J View Post
Bare in mind that I am running the GYTR crashbars so it protects the waterpump quite well.
Okay, but i don't like those crash bars at all, when the bike hits it hard it will fold inward and crushing the pump, seen three puntures made into a bike by badly thought out crashbars, and two engine breakouts were mounting points being ripped out of the engine, so no crashbars for me... (Suzuki 2xHonda BMW Yamaha)
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #113
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...
 
Thagua's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 343
Crash bars for Yammie originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post
Okay, but i don't like those crash bars at all, when the bike hits it hard it will fold inward and crushing the pump, seen three puntures made into a bike by badly thought out crashbars, and two engine breakouts were mounting points being ripped out of the engine, so no crashbars for me... (Suzuki 2xHonda BMW Yamaha)
Not very good photos ... I'll post better ones tomorrow ... but this will give you an idea of the extended protection clamped to the original Yamaha crash bars.
Cheers,
Roberto a.k.a. Thagua





Thagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #114
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer
 
Rema in Paluda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post
Not very good photos ... I'll post better ones tomorrow ... but this will give you an idea of the extended protection clamped to the original Yamaha crash bars.
Thanks for the photo's, nice side panels BTW !

But i don't like crash bars at all, they ad huge weight on a place i dont want weight at all, and i'm a "kruip door sluip door" guy (wiggle through the woods) and have bad recolections of branches getting caught in the bars, so i will just collect scratches on the pannels, and refurbisch them when GTXT wants a facelift.

Probably it will get a new colour too then :-)



Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #115
sail2xxs
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater, Md
Oddometer: 125
Rema in Paluda = R3B!

Good to see you back posting again - like the new color on the bike.

Chris
sail2xxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #116
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer
 
Rema in Paluda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2xxs View Post
Rema in Paluda = R3B!

Good to see you back posting again - like the new color on the bike.

Chris
Its only Photoshop though, the dent the made in my wallet leeves no mony for a paintjob. But this is the Linkthread so lets leave it at this, got a link of one ofe my rides though for the collection :-)

Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #117
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...
 
Thagua's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 343
Max speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post
Its only Photoshop though, the dent the made in my wallet leeves no mony for a paintjob. But this is the Linkthread so lets leave it at this, got a link of one ofe my rides though for the collection :-)
Gave me an idea to film the frustrating ride today when with full throttle Sport mode in TCS1 no wind I only got to 206 km/hr ... the bike has only 5000 km ... waiting the K&N air filter to do another run ...
Cheers,
Roberto
Thagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #118
combo
D S N
 
combo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Santa Fe, Texas
Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post
Gave me an idea to film the frustrating ride today when with full throttle Sport mode in TCS1 no wind I only got to 206 km/hr ... the bike has only 5000 km ... waiting the K&N air filter to do another run ...
Cheers,
Roberto

206 Kilometers per Hour = 128.0024656008908 Miles per Hour

Thats not fast enough on an adventure bike. If my KLR did that I don't think I would have a front fender or rad scoops on it anymore.
__________________
I don't know where I'm going but I won't be late!
combo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #119
Animo
Beastly n00b
 
Animo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Playa del Carmen
Oddometer: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post
Gave me an idea to film the frustrating ride today when with full throttle Sport mode in TCS1 no wind I only got to 206 km/hr ... the bike has only 5000 km ... waiting the K&N air filter to do another run ...
Cheers,
Roberto

I got 212kmph with no wind on Touring mode, no turbulence, felt like 112kmph. I need a super-duper tenere 1,500!
__________________
Life is good, even in adversity!

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #120
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...
 
Thagua's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 343
Touring mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post
I got 212kmph with no wind on Touring mode, no turbulence, felt like 112kmph. I need a super-duper tenere 1,500!
Hi Supa12 ... maybe its the latitude ... down south we are in winter (5C) and air density is greater ... will try in Touring mode ...
Cheers,
Roberto
Thagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014