User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
pierce188 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
help pick a Bluetooth intercom

Ok have to Bluetooth intercoms I was leaning towards three of them either the cardo scala rider Q1 or the Q3 or the sena smh10 open to any others and your opinions on these thanks for your help
pierce188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,059
Wow that's quite a sentence periods and commas would help if you type www.advrider.com Bluetooth on your browser u will get numerous links to threads here where the different units are discussed both in the past and currently and there are separate threads in the vendors section of the various models I went with the smh10 after much research and have been very happy but it depends how you plan to use it their are also discounts for adv members from some of the suppliers and u can save sum money good luck with your research.
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
motnodgir
Hah!

Oddometer: 15
Cool2 Uclear

I have the uclear SBH200. Pretty awesome, multi bike comm, no boom mike, I talk to my peeps and nobody can tell im on a bike doing 70 down the road, sound and clarity is great. Add them to your list to check out.
motnodgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:19 AM   #4
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by motnodgir View Post
I have the uclear SBH200. Pretty awesome, multi bike comm, no boom mike, I talk to my peeps and nobody can tell im on a bike doing 70 down the road, sound and clarity is great. Add them to your list to check out.
It's what I use also

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #5
Simplyred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce188 View Post
Ok have to Bluetooth intercoms I was leaning towards three of them either the cardo scala rider Q1 or the Q3 or the sena smh10 open to any others and your opinions on these thanks for your help
Difficult to say if you don't state what features you want. Some people buy the most expensive unit available on today's market and then say "I only use it for playing music". For that, you don't need that expensive unit.
From those you have mentioned, I guess the SENA SMH10 is your best pick, assuming it covers your feature-needs.

Bottom line is, there are MANY bluetooth devices out there, and almost all models are different in features, price, quality, sound, range, customer support. I guess you need to do your own market research based on your own understanding of what it is you are looking for.

Example: at the moment there is only 1 device out there that supports bluetooth 4.0. Which means that you can connect both a smartphone and a gps to your system. With others, you need to pair your phone to your gps (not all gps-ses can do that) and your gps to your headset. So if you need THAT, you are limited to the Sena 20S which at this point has many flaws and issues that may, or may not, be repaired/changed/updated soon or later or not at all.

The uclear is the only device with no front mike in front of your mouth, but if the speakers are within the helmets isolation and covering the speakermikes.....
So installation issues can limit your choice as well.
I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. “This is the 21st century, old man,” he said. “We don’t waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad.” I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...
Simplyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
wadenelson
Rider/Writer

Oddometer: 387
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=bluetooth
Old 08-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #7
pierce188 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Going to be using for music mostly . Phone call every now and again and maybe GPS someday. thanks for input so far
pierce188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
motnodgir
Hah!

Oddometer: 15
Talking Uclear

I ride with the Shoei GT Air, after installing the speaker mic combo into the cutouts of my helmet, I was pretty sure that there was no way the mic's were going to work properly. Long story short, they work and work very well. Pairing with GPS and phone has been painless and trouble free................just saying it has been working as advertised so far.
motnodgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #9
JCMagoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Yes. Me too. Excellent device.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:48 AM   #10
Bruz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Http://m.ebay.com/Tim/261566172948

Sent from my iPad with ifumbs using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
Al Goodwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,263
Quote:

UClear user here as well.....We LOVE it. And battery life is good for a 600 mile day of near constant talk between the wife and I,
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #12
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,153
I have a Scala Rider Q2 Pro and just recently bought a pair of Sena SMH5s with the new upgraded speakers. There is just no comparison between the two. The Sena is hands down better in sound quality, volume, user friendliness, and features. The Sena can charge while in use and has universal compatibility with other brands of communicators. My Scala was a hunk of crap that I eventually took off of the helmet because the sound quality was so poor. I had given up on Bluetooth communicators for a long time after my poor experience with the Scala. However, after many, many positive reviews about Sena, I decided to give them a try. I'm glad I did... and I've got Sena's bottom of the line model too. I'm sure the SMH10 or 20s is absolutely amazing.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #13
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,245
Read
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/
Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
kaosbandit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
I have the SENA SMH10 and one of the SENA 20S units. Both of them are nice, but that 20S takes it to the next level with features.

I really like the dock and the phone app to make changes. Can't go wrong with either of those.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #15
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Scala Q3 thoughts. Pairs with my iphone as phone 1 and Garmin 590 as phone 2. Has always worked. Never have think about it. directions, Pandora, No one believes that I am going down the road on a bike when chatting, making and receiving calls seamless. FM radio is my favorite feature though. Presets, scan up and down works, audio volume will get louder than I can stand. In stereo.

Downside is that it last exactly 8 hours on a charge. You can set your watch by it. Oh and they did fix the problem on the Q2 as you CAN use it while charging, except for the radio as you get too much interference.

Bappo
Bappo is offline   Reply With Quote