Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #31
Libertynh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I tried all the bikes I have sat on and it was incredibly accurate. What a great tool. Thanks.
Libertynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #32
U.S.Blues
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
+1 Nice site.

If it helps, here's a link below to a local metric dealer where you'll find the side pics and spec's for Yamaha, Victory, Kawasaki, Suzuki (OK so victory isn't metric) if you care to build out the library.

http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/

good job and a great resource you created there!
U.S.Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #33
Tango59
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
!!!!!!!!!!!! STICKY !!!!!!!!!!!

Tango59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #34
CGameProgrammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Added:

F800ST
GL1200 Goldwing
V-Strom 650
V-Strom 1000
B-King
R1200S
Super Tenere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beimuir
I feel like a little kid wanting to say with arm raised "ooh ooh, do me next". That's pretty slick. btw, ooh ooh, could you do a R1100R. I know that it should be like the R1200R, but I just can't help it.
It looks and is sized identically to the R1200R so I think that would just be clutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2wheel
One concern I have.. the stick figure rider for each bike, does it always have the same torso length, arm length, leg length, etc..?
They are currently fixed percentages of the rider's height that you specify. Legs are 50% of your total height, the torso is 34% I think, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag53
Awesome app, but I think the busa model is 1999-2007 model. Just wondering if you could add the 2008-2010 version.
I thought it was. Can you locate for me a suitable replacement image? It should be over 800 pixels wide (even though the site scales it down), right-facing, and a press image instead of a normal photograph (solid background).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTripper
How do I know what to plug in for 'arm straightness'?
That just affects how bent your arms are when riding. Set it to 100% to have your arms fully outstretched (nobody should ride like that though). 90% or 95% are probably the most typical values. On something like a Goldwing you'd probably need it at 80% or you'd be leaning back.
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #35
Bike#8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Outstanding work! I too think this is Intellectual material material you should protect. Sell it to the bike companies to incorporate into their respective websites as a customer help tool.

Then: BMW XMoto, Suzuki SV1000S, Honda 919, BMW XChallenge, Honda FT500, Suzuki GS650E, Yamaha XT500, Kawasaki 500 H1, Yamaha DT175, Suzuki TM125, Suzuki TS100.
Bike#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #36
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike#8
Outstanding work! I too think this is Intellectual material material you should protect. Sell it to the bike companies to incorporate into their respective websites as a customer help tool.
There should be an equivalent of the Noble Prize in motorcycling for such occasions.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 AM   #37
fivehitsweak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I guess it would be cool if there was some way for people to upload pictures of bikes them selves. The issue with this would of course be making sure that the picture of the bike was the right scale in comparison to the stick rider, but how cool would it be if you could just plug in images your self, select a seat position, bar position and peg position for the rider and there he is, sitting on any bike you like.
fivehitsweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #38
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Cool app.

Tested it on an ipad and it works but the +/- controls are out of allignment. Not a criticism just fyi.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #39
schwartzkm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
could you add Victory Kingpin and Victory Cross Country (I believe cross roads has the same stats so wouldn't be necessary) to the mix? I 2nd adding inseam measurements, btw.

thanks!

Kevin...
schwartzkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #40
straightrod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehitsweak
I guess it would be cool if there was some way for people to upload pictures of bikes them selves. The issue with this would of course be making sure that the picture of the bike was the right scale in comparison to the stick rider, but how cool would it be if you could just plug in images your self, select a seat position, bar position and peg position for the rider and there he is, sitting on any bike you like.
If people were allowed access to this great tool it would not be long before someone changed the stick figure to a naked female stick figure. Then this tool would be banned!
straightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #41
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,030
Wow - Last weekend I rode a KTM SMT for about 100 miles. It was the most comfortable bike I've ridden. This website highlighted why. Longer leg reach, totally upright sitting position and short reach to bars. I see the Duc MS is similar, but shorter to the pegs.
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #42
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Added:

F800ST

On something like a Goldwing you'd probably need it at 80% or you'd be leaning back.

Thank you! You're a Gentleman and a Scholar.

Yup, my input specs, with unchanged arm bend %, have me leaning waaaay backwards on the DRZ400SM. Looks very funny.
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #43
celticgent
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,049
fantastic!
celticgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #44
CGameProgrammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehitsweak
The pictures are actually all sorts of sizes, most 1600+ pixels wide, but they're scaled down to 6 pixels per inch by the script. The reason submission isn't public yet is I need to code up an approval mechanism - I can't have people submitting bad or obscene images or just not placing the hot-spots correctly so I also need to code up a simple way to edit submissions before approval. This is on my to-do list.
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #45
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,484
Great job!! I agree with other posters and hope you can protect this amazing little app and monetize it somehow.