Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
Iranian OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
suzuki c800 testride

Hi!

I finally have had the chance to testride the suzuki c800 and I like it a lot! There was only two things that bothers me little bit. When I was testriding the bike, I felt that the bike was somewhat sensitive to the track. I have never exprienced that with the cruisers that I have testdriven. I have to say that it was raning somewhat durig the testride. It might caused it or perhaps the tire pressuare where little bit low due to that it was a dealer bike.

Have any of you guys who have oned suzuki c800 experienced that it was sensitve to how the surface of the road was?

The second thing that bothered me was how the engine run on idle. Sometime I felt that it almost missed a beat. Maybe it is due that it is a v-twin and angle between the cylinders? I have very little experience from v-twin. I have mostly been driving parallelltwins.

But I have to say that I have now more or less cut the list down to two bikes. The suzuki c800 and honda nc750.

Regards,

Iranian

Iranian screwed with this post 08-31-2014 at 12:36 PM
Iranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iranian View Post

But I have to say that I have now more or less cut the list down to two bikes. The suzuki c800 and honda nc750.

Regards,

Iranian
suzuki c800 RIGHT BRAIN (HEART & EYES)

honda nc750 LEFT BRAIN / OH SO PRACTICAL

Weird, and I don't quite know why, but lately I am thinking about the NC750 myself. Makes a V-Strom 650 seem like a wild thing, but affordable, incredible gas mileage, frunk, and looks so comfortable for long rides.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
haggis mctavish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
have had a c50 for a number of years now, generally speaking a great bike with few failings

it should ride the same as any other properly set up bike, however a worn tyre or more likely low tyre pressures will upset the handling

it should sound much the same as any other well set up bike regardless of engine layout. However having said that the one time that mine played up was after being left out in heavy overnight rain when it would only run on one and a half cylinders until it was warmedup. I presume moisture had found its way to the spark plug area and the engine heat had evaporated the water. It was not normally affected by rain even in the heaviest downpours.

hope this helps
haggis mctavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
Chief Ten Bears
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
There is a guy who comes to the nightly coffee shop bike nights, with a new C50 BOSS... What a great looking bike, especially for the price.

Chief Ten Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Well, I owned an m50, which is the muscle version of the c800 ( or c50) here in the states. Loved that engine and its gearing made for really fun spirited riding around town. It however failed to be a good highway bike, because of the low gearing which caused the bike to be unpleasanly busy on the highway, and it also had a rough suspension which made it painful to ride it longer than 100 miles. Thats what caused me to trade up. I miss that bike for the fun factor that it had on the short round town trips.

I rode the c800 several times too, its much plushier and comfortable, but still busy on the interstate because of the gearing. Its an easier to live with bike for daily use than the m50 for sure, but not nearly as much fun.

And that brings me to my vstrom, which is similar to the honda nc750. The vstrom opened up a whole new world to me because when I got it, I was able to comfortably travel all day, got slightly better mpg, could take gravel roads where I would never have taken the m50 and lastly and most importantly I comfortably commute on it daily without getting tired of it.

So, what am I saying?! if you want a nice bike for short bike night cruises with your cruiser buddies and short weekend trips, the c800 is a fine bike. But if u want something more useful, you want to commute daily, and cover longer distances on weekend trips, and have the ability to take that random gravel road, get the honda.

If it was my money, nc750, no doubt.

Also, if mpg is important:

The c800 will get 42-48mpg real world.
The nc750 has been reported to get consistant high 50s, and high 60s in more ideal conditions.

Pretty big difference...
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
Iranian OP
Gnarly Adventurer

A strange thing

I received some broschures about suzuki c800. There where also some informtion available about suzuki c1500. They had written that the top speed was electronic set to 155 km/h. Is there a specific reason for that?

Midnightstar 1900 does close to 200 km/h without a problem so way have they limited the top speed of suzuki c1500 to 155 km/h?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,989
between the C800 and the NC750, if it were my money, it would be NC750 all day long. Much more comfy, better gas mileage, and I love the frunk. I would also want the DCT and ABS. I don't think you can get ABS on the C800, but I could be wrong.

I have no idea why Suzuki would limit the top speed on the 1500. I could venture a guess, but it would just be speculation so I will refrain from doing that.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #8
Iranian OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, do it. I want to know the reason!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #9
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
I kind of wish you hadn't started this thread. You got me thinking about and missing my m50, and also, coincidentally, an m50 parked next to my bike at work this morning, making me really, really miss her now...

They are so cheap and plenty to be find used with low miles. I want her back.... What a fun city street bike that was. Not very comfy at all, but pure torquey fun!

Definitely wouldn't trade my vstrom for it, but, it would be a great compliment to the vstrom, if I didn't already have my Victory Hammer.
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote