Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #1576
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Yeah i can only wonder why the big manufacturers dont offer naked 250 sporty bikes, naked ninja 250 or naked cbr 250, why would i want full fairing in a 250? it only adds weight and wind protection isnt nothing you could get with just a windscreen.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #1577
ferrix
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-A-M-O-N View Post
Yeah i can only wonder why the big manufacturers dont offer naked 250 sporty bikes, naked ninja 250 or naked cbr 250, why would i want full fairing in a 250?
Well, Honda still sell their VTR250, though not in your market perhaps. These days it is updated with EFI, of course, but basically it's still the same VTR they've been selling for the last however-many years:

... and I think they also still come with only 5 speed gearbox. I never understood why they couldn't add the 6th overdrive to make it beter suited for cruising at steady open road speeds - something that CBR250R thankfully has.
ferrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #1578
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-A-M-O-N View Post
Yeah i can only wonder why the big manufacturers dont offer naked 250 sporty bikes, naked ninja 250 or naked cbr 250, why would i want full fairing in a 250? it only adds weight and wind protection isnt nothing you could get with just a windscreen.

Check out the Hyosung GT250 and GT250R. Naked and full sports fairing respectively. Both are good looking and have that air cooled v-twin engine. Newer ones have fuel injection. You can buy naked leftover GT250s for about $3200.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #1579
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
That vtr surely looks nice, yeah i should rephrase and say that there are not enough naked 250 bikes in my country. There are some good naked singles but i would really like a twin or v twin specially for touring, we dont get the vtr and we of course do get the faired version of the hyosung 250 but not the naked one because everyone here wants a small bike that looks like a big bike
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #1580
gssurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Definitely a fun bike for experienced riders alike...

A few pics for you... It's much faster without the 250 designation.

gssurfer screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 09:21 AM
gssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #1581
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurestahl View Post
Definitely a fun bike for experienced riders alike...
A few pics for you... It's much faster without the 250 designation.
What's your opinion of the Corbin?

I've bought an CBR250RA (ABS) last August for bombing around town and short day trips, saving my FJR for the long haul stuff. I love this little bike! I've been keeping track of the mileage on it with a best tank of 102mpg(Imp). Usually I'm in the mid to high 80's with it though.

That is, if I can manage to keep from ringing the little bastards neck all the time

Anyway, back to the seat. My longest day in the saddle was a 600km day last fall. That was a bit painful by the time I got home. I was missing the Russell on my FJR!
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #1582
gssurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
To me, it's a night and day difference over the OEM though I have not been on it more than a couple of hours yet due to cold weather. It does not push you into the tank as much and just feels much better IMO.

I got very lucky and picked up on ebay for $115 USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
What's your opinion of the Corbin?

I've bought an CBR250RA (ABS) last August for bombing around town and short day trips, saving my FJR for the long haul stuff. I love this little bike! I've been keeping track of the mileage on it with a best tank of 102mpg(Imp). Usually I'm in the mid to high 80's with it though.

That is, if I can manage to keep from ringing the little bastards neck all the time

Anyway, back to the seat. My longest day in the saddle was a 600km day last fall. That was a bit painful by the time I got home. I was missing the Russell on my FJR!
gssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1583
BigCanoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Supersized?

Hey all,

I weigh about 275 and am about 6 feet tall. I have owned many bikes, but currently I ride a TU250x. Its a nice bike, but I need more power. Thats got me looking at the CBR250r. I like smaller bikes, anyone of my supersized size ridden one and care to report on how acceleration, cruising speed, mpg and comfort are?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #1584
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanoe View Post
Hey all,

I weigh about 275 and am about 6 feet tall. I have owned many bikes, but currently I ride a TU250x. Its a nice bike, but I need more power. Thats got me looking at the CBR250r. I like smaller bikes, anyone of my supersized size ridden one and care to report on how acceleration, cruising speed, mpg and comfort are?
Most of the guys here are real thin,
Try asking your question here:http://www.cbr250.net/index.php
A guy over there enjoys riding with his wife, they are probably close to the max weight all together. Not sure, but from what he said, it sounded like they cruise along just fine at 65-70,

From all NJ-Bret says, his bike is a lot faster than mine I think you can cruise along just fine 65-70. Top speed for me is about 87, I'm 225-50 on the bike, with my stuff. You won't have any problem around town.

If you ride hard there are suspension mods for $$$. GL
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #1585
BigCanoe
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
Most of the guys here are real thin,
Try asking your question here:http://www.cbr250.net/index.php
A guy over there enjoys riding with his wife, they are probably close to the max weight all together. Not sure, but from what he said, it sounded like they cruise along just fine at 65-70,

From all NJ-Bret says, his bike is a lot faster than mine I think you can cruise along just fine 65-70. Top speed for me is about 87, I'm 225-50 on the bike, with my stuff. You won't have any problem around town.

If you ride hard there are suspension mods for $$$. GL
NJ-Bret has the same bike as me but his goes WAY faster somehow.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #1586
Cruisin'Carolina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Hey all,

Are you going to sell the TU?
Cruisin'Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #1587
BigCanoe
Studly Adventurer

Most likely, yep. I will send you a PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #1588
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
NJ-Bret has the same bike as me but his goes WAY faster somehow.
I thought of you today, I was running along at 71mph. I thought this thing is humming along, looked down and realized I was in fifth, went up to sixth and she had plenty left over

You won't have any problem cruising at 70.
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #1589
BigCanoe
Studly Adventurer

Nice!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #1590
The truth
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Even in the windy weather we had in Ohio today; I was able to keep the bike at 65 without tucking heading dead into the wind. I tucked some though because my ride was 80 miles right into it. The bike is big person proof at least up to 250ish lbs. Highway isn't my preference, but that has little to do with the bike.

I like this bike as a long distance commuter for the mpg's, so I'll probably keep it forever. It's my first bike, so naturally I want another already. Maybe a vfr will be added in a few yrs. or months....
The truth is offline   Reply With Quote