Oddometer: 462
The Honda CBR 250R in Thailand
Attached Images

rosmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #783
rosmoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
The new Honda CBR 150 R, that is now fuel injected.
Attached Images

rosmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #784
fly2low
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
any update on when this will be at american dealers?
fly2low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #785
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2low View Post
Probably in March
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #786
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Quote:

I asked R&S Honda here in ABQ that question last month. I was told early March as well.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #787
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,535
March sounds about right. Looking forward to a rip on this bike.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #788
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconfunk View Post
How often does Joe Average do any work on his car any more? Changing the oil in my car is stupid easy, but do I bother? No, I get it done along with some other regularly scheduled maintenance from my friendly local dealership. Thats how it is for most of us.

So, when Joe Average gets his first bike, he's probably not going to mess about with his maintenance. He'll do as he's always done, and take it to the shop and have them do the work his manual says needs to be done. In the case of the Ninja, that means a $300 job once every year or two (again, Joe Average isn't an Inmate, 6k in a year is a lot for many people). In the Honda's case, that means a $300 job once every three or four years.

That'll never be in the sales brochure, and the Kawi dealer certainly won't talk about it. But the Honda dealer might (should really, since it is a point for him). If I had a friend comparing the bikes, I'd point it out as something (s)he should consider.

Now, I'm not really complaining about the cost of the maintenance on the Ninjette. I just think the lowered maintenance cost is a nice feather in the Honda's cap.
I am a small bike rider. Last year, I purchased an EX250 for 1600$. I'd be damned if I was going to spend 300$ to have my valves adjusted. I did it myself. It took me all afternoon, but I did it and hopefully it will go a little smoother the next time.

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #789
rmi03
Daily Motorcycle User

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I am a small bike rider. Last year, I purchased an EX250 for 1600$. I'd be damned if I was going to spend 300$ to have my valves adjusted. I did it myself. It took me all afternoon, but I did it and hopefully it will go a little smoother the next time.
It will definitely go faster next time. Although valve adjustments have started to lose their luster after 24,000 miles. Kind of a chore rather than a procedure that I get excited about.

Ryan
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #790
fly2low
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
The long-awaited CBR250R vs, Ninja 250R comparison: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/9134...inja-250R.aspx

I, personally, take the Honda over the Kawasaki because of: 1) EFI 2) it sounds more fun to ride on surface streets.

But then I have other bikes. If I only have one bike, then Ninja it is.
fly2low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #791
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosmoe View Post
The new Honda CBR 150 R, that is now fuel injected.
I LOVE that color scheme. For those of us in the USA, if we don't like red and black, we are generally screwed.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #792
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,515
Quote:
The long-awaited CBR250R vs, Ninja 250R comparison: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/9134...inja-250R.aspx

I, personally, take the Honda over the Kawasaki because of: 1) EFI 2) it sounds more fun to ride on surface streets.

That test shows the Kawi as a better bike in near every catagory exceptin MPG and low speed fueling. I'd venture a pair of $3 pilot jets and limiting the RPMs by 3k would even things up at the least. Nice job Honda, you built a bike a new rider can out grow even more quickly!

By the review of the BS linked system, it seems the "got to have it" ABS is less than desirable too.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #793
EdM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Obviously, based on many posts to this thread, the CBR-Ninja comparison is what the majority of riders here are interested in but for ME I am more interested in comparing the CBR to the Suzuki TU250 as both utilize FI singles and seem aimed at new or returning riders.

I don't think I've ever read a bad review of the TU and I like the looks of that bike. Certainly it lacks the power many ADV riders welcome but, again, for MY needs it seems quite sufficient. Still, the CBR apparently has a significant advantage in acceleration. While the Ninja bests the CBR in 0-60 time a test in Motorcycle Consumer News of the '09 TU250 reported a time of 12.49 seconds to reach 60: almost 4 seconds slower than the Honda. I'm not too interested in sustained cruising at 70+ but do like the better acceleration.

Somewhat surprising to me was that MCN reported a 60-0 stop took 134 feet for the disc/drum TU but this review has the disc/disc setup of the CBR taking 143 feet to come to a halt.

I'm certainly looking forward to more reviews but personally am leaning more to the CBR.

Ned
EdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #794
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Quote:

I'm a little disappointed by that review. Sounds like the CBR struggles quite a bit more to do freeway than the Ninja. I also don't like what they said about it not feeling planted or solid.

Still, the EFI sounds nice especially since I don't ride the Ninja 250 much this time of year so the carbs need to be drained every time I get it home. I get tired of doing that...

Now I REALLY have to get a test ride on one to see what I think.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #795
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,400
From the article, sounds like the CBR could go up one on the countershaft sprocket...
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote