Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #1336
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
every review I read (like the ones here) make me want more this bike, so a couple of questions.
1) what accesories are available? I am thinking something in the lines of a center stand? how much watts can you get extra, lets say for an electric vest, is it enough?

I found Twisted Trotel has a small section of semi specific thing made for the CBR250

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/6716/858/

Cheers!!

Damasovi
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #1337
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 712
[QUOTE= I am thinking something in the lines of a center stand? how much watts can you get extra, lets say for an electric vest, is it enough?

Damasovi[/QUOTE]

It carries 10 and 30 amp fuses, don't know the output. People have not received the service manual yet, it may take a call to Honda, at this point, for the output figures. Battery is listed as 6Ah (10 HR). Let us know if you find out. GL
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #1338
Robert_C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
It carries 10 and 30 amp fuses, don't know the output. People have not received the service manual yet, it may take a call to Honda, at this point, for the output figures. Battery is listed as 6Ah (10 HR). Let us know if you find out. GL
From the manual, the charging system puts out .337Kw @ 5,000 RPM
(an "unofficial" pdf of the manual is out, this information is found near the top of page 1-10)
As a nation we still continue to enjoy a literally unprecedented prosperity; and it is probable that only reckless speculation and disregard of legitimate business methods on the part of the business world can materially mar this prosperity. -- Theodore Roosevelt, Sixth Annual Message, December 3, 1906

Robert_C screwed with this post 07-06-2011 at 08:19 PM
Robert_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #1339
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

took the bike to the beach, but you take your chances around here. It was so cold I put on all my liners, and the mist was so thick, I deployed the squeegee, (and don't even think about riding there without one!) Averaged 63.4 mpg, 60-75mph, 200mile rt.

Bike pulls well, never too slow, never ran out of power. Extreme wind noise, rode mostly in the tuck through the gusty conditions.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #1340
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Did see a break at the Indian Nation north of Moclips WA
Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #1341
Southerner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Just laid eyes on my first CBR250R yesterday. I'm down at the gulf coast and the rider was just puttering along the coast highway. Not too many challenges for it down here as this is as flat as Alabama gets. Old people ride their bicycles down here a lot.
Southerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #1342
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX View Post
This bike has potential appeal to new and returning riders, but frankly, I'll wager many of them will go into the garages of long-time riders wanting a "hoot" of a li'l ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
I've been one to widely criticize American Honda for conservative and bland product strategies, but they deserve a lot of credit for this gutsey move. I'm not groking the single vs. the twin, but let's wait and see how this thing reviews - Ninjaette 180-parallel twins aren't exactly soul-stiring and the single may give it some needed character and be unique - how many single-cylinder sportbikes have we seen over on this side of the pond? And the ABS option and fuel injection are inspired product decisions.

Bravo to Honda. This could be a very cool bike and absolute gas to ride on a tight/twisty road. If they get an ABS model under $5K, it would be hard to resist.

- Mark

I'm with you on this!

Been waiting to see the 250r in person for quite a while now and today I was able to see & sit on one. My wallet trembled and relented with a 'if you must". So most likely next weekend I'll go back and trade paper with them. Looking forward to seeing how much it weighs after stripping all the unnecessary bits off it as it intended to be mostly a track toy. The hard part, I'm thinking, will be waiting for after market to come out with lighter wheels, engine mods and other bits.

ps: I was only able to read through the first few pages before nausea set in. Quite a few of the original posters in this thread should hang out around hot air balloon conventions, they could really make some bank filling balloons.

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #1343
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,565
I saw two recently at Hinshaws in Auburn, Wa. (Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Victory). Nice looking m,otorcycles.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #1344
beeper
Badger tickler

Oddometer: 767
Finally got to see one yesterday. Even at 6' 4" the bike fit me pretty well and felt light as a feather. Fit and finish is good also and I wouldn't mind adding one to the garage...someday.
beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #1345
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector

Oddometer: 871
Got to sit on one at the dealership a few days ago. I would definitely pick one up if I could. Seat and bars feel good. Footpeg position felt a bit awkward and a little farther back than expected but I didn't ride it so thats not much of an opinion
Old 07-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #1346
BMWDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
One more day...truck did not make it in today. So Wednesday I'll know if this CBR250R fits me.

David
'14 Yamaha FJR1300ES
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #1347
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

I bet a nickle you like it. If you ride a 650L, then this will fit you like- a baby Duke. Tell us your impressions.

Speaking of the 350 Duke, Triumph is rumored to continue development of a 350 single street machine, assembled in Brazil from a Thai kit. Now things could get very interesting in small displacement street bikes. There's nothing quite like winding out your 250!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDavid View Post
One more day...truck did not make it in today. So Wednesday I'll know if this CBR250R fits me.

David
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #1348
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #1349
BMWDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Truck did not make it in Wednesday! Maybe today...hope so. Weather is perfect, its cooled off and would be great to ride a CBR250R home today.

I hope it fits a little better than my Duke. The Duke is a bit tight for me now. Should know today!

If I get it I'll submit a detailed first impression of the 250R. I've been riding bikes for over 40 years now and have had all sorts of bikes in my life. Kind of looking towards getting back to my first years of riding with this little CBR.

David
'14 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Old 07-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #1350
BMWDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Still no bike. Dealer finally tracked it down...trucker still has them in his trailer. Can't seem to get the truck company to drop off load. I guess it's not worth the time to go to my small town.

Dealer will be closed next week for vacation so if it does not get here today I'll have to wait until July 25th.

Dang!
'14 Yamaha FJR1300ES