Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #16
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
We'll have more information about upcoming parts soon, but thought you might want to check out my first impressions on riding the XT1200Z. There will be more information coming soon -- including video -- but thought this might help some of you get an idea if you wanted to put down that deposit.

AltRider.com
Jeremy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #17
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Crash bars, anyone?

We spent a lot of time designing the crash bars for the Super Tenere, but we think we've nailed down a good solution.

Read more about the AltRider crash bars for the XT1200Z.

AltRider.com
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #18
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I've gotten some requests for video as well as questions about the bike. Here it is, all in one.

AltRider.com

Jeremy L screwed with this post 11-17-2010 at 10:57 AM
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #19
SpeedStar
XT1200Z and DL650

Oddometer: 528
Nice video with some welcome input. I especially enjoyed the part at 1:02
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356383
SpeedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #20
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

One of the first modifications we realized the Super Tenere would require is the replacement of the stock luggage rack. For those of you who might not be aware, the OEM rack looks like it’s metal but is actually made of rather flimsy plastic. Not a good idea if you’re planning to actually use it. I am sure most of you have seen the reports of the rack breaking.

So we began developing our luggage rack, basing the design on hook studies we did quite awhile ago for our first luggage racks (you can read about those studies here). We did real world testing and found the 3/16 thick aluminum in combination with 2 flanges provides the needed capaicity for 90% of us. One thing you’ll notice, however, is that our luggage rack for the Super Ten looks quite a bit different than our previous racks. We wanted something that really complemented the look of this new bike, but there’s another reason, too.

We decided to replace the plastic mount that raises the platform so the luggage rack is flush with the seat, which makes it much more usable. We were able to create a shelf or cubby for tools, roughly 8.5 x 6 x3. Don has created a way to build a bungee door so you can store all sorts of stuff like jackets, etc. It really is turning out to be a great design. This bracket is 3/16, as well, making the entire system really stout. And as usual you will be able to mount GIVI Monokey top case and the RotoPax fuel system (Rotopax are great, and we use them ourselves – if you haven’t heard of them before, you might want to check them out). We wanted this thing to be as strong and versatile as possible, so it can really enhance this bike.

(first development image)

You can check out the product page, but I suggest you also sign up for our product news update emails for the Yamaha line. That way you know you’ll be notified when this and other products for the XT1200Z are available.

AltRider.com
Old 11-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #21
sail2xxs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Jeremy -

That is the best looking and best thought through rear rack I've seen for an S10 yet.

I've got my timing lined up to come see you guys - planning on riding out your way the week of MLK birthday in January.

Chris
sail2xxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #22
SpeedStar
XT1200Z and DL650

Oddometer: 528
That is a very well thought out rack. Glad you are offering it in black too. Can you get some more pics from different angles. Also what are the measurements?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356383
SpeedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #23
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey, Chris, thanks for the thumbs up! We look forward to seeing you -- let us know when you plan to drop by so we can be looking for you.

Hey, Devin, thanks! The picture is actually a development image -- otherwise I'd snap a few more pictures from other angles. The top of the luggage rack should measure about 14" x 14".

AltRider.com
Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #24
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We wanted to give you a better look at our skid plate for the Super Tenere, so our lead industrial designer Don Hogan put together a quick video. In it, you’ll see the skid plate and design bracket as well as hear Don explain some of the important design features.

You can check out more pictures of our skid plate and the other parts we’re developing for the XT1200Z on our website. If you want to make sure you don’t miss out on these products when they’re ready to ship, create an AltRider account and sign up for our products news update emails.

AltRider.com
Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #25
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Guys, if you're in the Pacific Northwest and plan to attend the Seattle IMS, be sure to stop by booth #447. We'll have our prototypes installed on the Super Tenere for you to check out, and be around to answer questions.

AltRider.com
Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #26
mobyfubar
cd /;rm -rf *

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L View Post
Guys, if you're in the Pacific Northwest and plan to attend the Seattle IMS, be sure to stop by booth #447. We'll have our prototypes installed on the Super Tenere for you to check out, and be around to answer questions.
Darn, I sure wish you guys were coming to Cleveland.

Cool photo, too.
mobyfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #27
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey, mobyfubar,

We'll be at the Cleveland show, so keep an eye out for us. Unfortunately, we won't have the Tenere with us by then.

AltRider.com
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #28
Dillon@ZenMoto
falls down too much

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L View Post

kinda looks like a good photo spot, that me on my way to Alaska, i have my tenere coming in May, ill be giving you guys a call
Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #29
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ha, great photo, Dillon! Yes, that's a favorite photo spot in Seattle.

I have a few more photos to share... the scenery might not be as exciting, but I think you'll all enjoy these just the same.

Just installed these...

• One inch stainless steel
  • Hand TIG welds
  • Connector span 7.75 inches, providing a very strong connection
  • Identified load bearing points to mount
  • 5 axis laser cut copes
You can get more information on our website about our crash bars for the XT1200Z.

AltRider.com
Old 12-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We got some of our prototypes just in time for the Seattle IMS, which meant we barely had time to prep the bike.

In case you weren't able to make it, we had our skid plate, crash bars, luggage rack, and a few other goodies installed. We'll have more pictures ready in the next few days.

AltRider.com