Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #31
SpeedStar
XT1200Z and DL650

Oddometer: 528
Another nice video. Now we know why the bike was so dirty in the pics from the Seattle show!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356383
SpeedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #32
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Disable the ABS

We believe the ABS system is dramatically improved over what was previously available to consumers. That said, there’s no question you need to be able to disable ABS. For those who ride off road, disabling your ABS is a serious part of the enjoyment, as well as – I believe – a safety concern in downhill situations.

We evaluated the ABS system, and found a clean plug-and-play solution that provides an on-dash switch to disable it.

It was important to us that you would not need to hack the wiring loom, so we’ve identified OEM-like terminals so this is a true plug-and-play application. We also wanted high-end, truly waterproof switches while keeping them small. What is left to figure out is location and other options to incorporate.

We’ve played around with several different dashboards to mount the toggle switch – tell us what you guys would prefer.
- Switch to the left of dash
- Switch below the dash (preferred location, because it gets the wiring out of the elements and overall cleaner appeal from the back)

Other options we’re thinking of while designing/prototyping, before this goes into production:
- Additional auxiliary cigarette lighter
- Optional mount location for heated grips controller
  • Who is going with the OEM heated grips?
  • Who is considering aftermarket options? (If we get enough interest, we’ll try to make the aftermarket heated grips plug-and-play, as well)

What are your thoughts?

AltRider.com
Jeremy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #33
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L View Post

It was important to us that you would not need to hack the wiring loom, so we’ve identified OEM-like terminals so this is a true plug-and-play application. We also wanted high-end, truly waterproof switches while keeping them small. What is left to figure out is location and other options to incorporate.

We’ve played around with several different dashboards to mount the toggle switch – tell us what you guys would prefer.
- Switch to the left of dash
- Switch below the dash (preferred location, because it gets the wiring out of the elements and overall cleaner appeal from the back)

Other options we’re thinking of while designing/prototyping, before this goes into production:
- Additional auxiliary cigarette lighter
- Optional mount location for heated grips controller
  • Who is considering aftermarket options? (If we get enough interest, we’ll try to make the aftermarket heated grips plug-and-play, as well)

What are your thoughts?
I would be interested in an auxiliary "BMW" type outlet that you can run more power through than the OEM cigarette type outlet.

I will be using the aftermarket grip heaters shown above. I currently use them on 5 other bikes and they work great.

For the ABS somewhere below the dash. Even if it is a little harder to reach. I don't think people will be turning the ABS off and on all the time.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Finally got to sit on the Super T at the Long Beach show. At 6'9" it was a tad more comfy than my Tiger 1050 with the tall seat. that is, my legs were more straight and forward positioned. One thing that really bugged me annd most other people were those damn heat grip and brake cables running infront of the instrument cluster. I think it would be smart to see if you could make some sort of harness guide that would keep those cables from blocking your vision of the instruments.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #35
DuFuS
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oddometer: 3
ABS Switch

I prefer the ABS cut-off out of the way and protected. I will be wiring aftermarket grips with a simple HI/Lo switch. Simple and easy and lasts a long time.
I'm going to hard wire any other devices in, but it would be nice to have an extra electrical socket.
DuFuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #36
whyknotboats
CRANK IT UP!

Oddometer: 510
easy fix

mount the abs switch bypass on top left instead of out in the open on left. No brainer location.
whyknotboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #37
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This is good information, and helps us to provide parts you want.

To give you a little more information about our product line for the Tenere, check out this video. Don does a great job explaining some of our decisions about materials, manufacturing methods, and choosing mount points.

AltRider.com
Old 12-24-2010, 05:59 AM   #38
Mugatu
Sidewalk adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Hi, any news regarding the availability date for the skid plate and luggage rack?
And will the skid plate work with the oem crash bars?
Thanks!
Mugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #39
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Mugatu: the luggage rack and skid plate should be ready in the first part of the new year, along with our crash bars. One thing to note: there's been a lot of interest in our crash bars specifically, so they are available for pre-order now.

Other items that can be pre-ordered include our exhaust heat shield and the rear brake master cylinder guard. The side stand foot for the Yamaha Super Tenere is available now (so if ordered before 2 pm it ships the same day).

Concerning the compatibility of our skid plate with the OEM bars: we haven't yet had the opportunity to verify, but will do so when we have access to a bike fitted with OEM bars.

AltRider.com
Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #40
Mugatu
Sidewalk adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Thanks for the reply Jeremy.
I will wait to see how it's going with the oem crash bars / altrider skid plate then.
Mugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #41
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

COMBO -- our luggage rack right now will not accommodate the Yamaha top box. If there's interest, however, we will definitely look at doing that in the future. Are you planning to purchase their top case? What about other Yamaha accessories?

AltRider.com
Old 12-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #42
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Still hoping someone will produce a rear fuel tank like on the Worldcrosser...

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thought you might want to know that Pivot Pegz MK3s will be coming, we'll be carrying them, and they're great on the Super Tenere.

If you're thinking about these foot pegs, check out this video our lead designer finished last week.

AltRider.com
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #44
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L View Post

What are your thoughts?
Absolutely not on the fugly heated grips , esp. at that price. that controller couldn't look more after thought, and it's huge!

Definitely aftermarket, but which ones? I've never had aftermarket heated grips. I went straight from suffering for years to OEM once I could afford a bike newer than myself
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 02-01-2011 at 06:48 PM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #45
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,398
Jeremy, it was great to meet and talk to you at Dr's party...really good stuff man, cant wait to see your kit hung on my ST...good stories tonight...

Good luck.

Bill (formerly...and soon again known as MoBill)
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote