ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #1501
StuartV
Motorcyclist
 
StuartV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Bristow, VA
Oddometer: 1,344
+100 on the TX pic!
__________________
- Stu
'09 R12GS, '05 GSX-R1000
Iron Butt # 4999, WERA/CCS EX # 666 (currently, expired), AMA Life Member
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #1502
travlin
Adventurer
 
travlin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Southern WV.
Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
As far as I'm concerned, this area here is the Great White North.. WAY too close to the Mason Dixon Line for my tastes...
The more accurate Mason Dixon Line in WV. is Flat Top Mountain along the borders of Raleigh, Mercer, and Wyoming Counties.
__________________
Ken Vreeke:
I ride because it's the ultimate therapy for the human condition. Plus, I like to go fast.
travlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #1503
windblown101
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Star Tannery, VA
Oddometer: 672
I PM'd EC requesting a copy in 2011 & again in 2013. (Had to go back to my outgoing PMs to check since my memory ain't that great). I never got a response to my knowledge. Maybe I missed his response. Maybe he just didn't want to send them to me. Who knows?

EC put the time and effort to create the files and distributing them (or not) is at his discretion. I ride with a couple of riders who have his files. Maybe one day I'll ask them if they want to go ride it. :) What I won't do is ask them for a copy. The author has made his request about that clear and he isn't obligated to explain or defend that decision.
windblown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #1504
R Doug
Recalculating
 
R Doug's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Clemmons, NC
Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown101 View Post
I PM'd EC requesting a copy in 2011 & again in 2013. (Had to go back to my outgoing PMs to check since my memory ain't that great). I never got a response to my knowledge. Maybe I missed his response. Maybe he just didn't want to send them to me. Who knows?

EC put the time and effort to create the files and distributing them (or not) is at his discretion. I ride with a couple of riders who have his files. Maybe one day I'll ask them if they want to go ride it. :) What I won't do is ask them for a copy. The author has made his request about that clear and he isn't obligated to explain or defend that decision.
I would love to hook up and ride this with you if you get the files.
__________________
-- Doug
R Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #1505
Britome
Get Free
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 1,096
Can't wait to do this trail. I think a combination of me being a tech yard and the OP being overwhelmed with requests has kept me from receiving the tracks. Can anyone else help me or give me some help? I am garminn proficient.
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #1506
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"
 
Rusty Rocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Trying to leave CT
Oddometer: 8,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britome View Post
I am garminn proficient.
'cept for spelling Garmin. sorry, I couldn't resist
__________________
In the beginning, there was nothing. Even That exploded
2009 DR650
..1972 Penton Six-Days ..1971 Suzuki TS185.. 2005 KTM 400exc
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #1507
thetable
Beastly Adventurer
 
thetable's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Western Loudoun Co, VA
Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown101 View Post
Maybe he just didn't want to send them to me. Who knows?

It's probably the company you keep. You've ridden a pretty good chunk of it already.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #1508
Britome
Get Free
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 1,096
My speling is normally impekable
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #1509
Britome
Get Free
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 1,096
Meanwhile, I need those tracks!
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #1510
windblown101
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Star Tannery, VA
Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
It's probably the company you keep. You've ridden a pretty good chunk of it already.
Possibly, perhaps even likely.

I'm always looking for the next hidden gem, the next small piece to the puzzle that allows us to ride our smaller bikes long distance with as little pavement as possible. :)
windblown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #1511
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boone,NC
Oddometer: 1,983
I'd like to check out the BRT this Fall if anybody with the route files wants to form a small group ride.
I never asked for the files because I never figured out how to use my GPS.

(I live just a few miles South of the BRT.)
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #1512
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer
 
turtlemoye's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
I'd like to check out the BRT this Fall if anybody with the route files wants to form a small group ride.
I never asked for the files because I never figured out how to use my GPS.

(I live just a few miles South of the BRT.)

Oh, I might have to take you up on that. The idea of leaving you in the middle of nowhere with no way to find your way out like you did me at RDV might to to much to pass up.
__________________
I am a fan of singletrack, single malts, and single women.

(distance + time)/shitty beer = what?
2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
turtlemoye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #1513
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire
 
GlennR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Boone,NC
Oddometer: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
Oh, I might have to take you up on that. The idea of leaving you in the middle of nowhere with no way to find your way out like you did me at RDV might to to much to pass up.

Sounds like I'd better learn to use that GPS thing! Or learn to speak Virginian, ...(don't guess it's no harder than Tennesseein' ) .
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #1514
Britome
Get Free
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Oddometer: 1,096
So I have been emailing and private messaging for 6 months to get the tracks and I can't find success. I'm beginning to feel that there is a conspiracy against me.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

So...does anyone have the tracks that you can email me? btome@crossroads.net
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #1515
DJ.
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Staunton VA
Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britome View Post
So I have been emailing and private messaging for 6 months to get the tracks and I can't find success. I'm beginning to feel that there is a conspiracy against me.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

So...does anyone have the tracks that you can email me? btome@crossroads.net

I smell a shit storm
DJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014