Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #466
H14
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 3,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post

Dammit Stacey, we've got to loose those helmet liners. That picture almost scared me.
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #467
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Dammit Stacey, we've got to loose those helmet liners. That picture almost scared me.
Crazy how much comfort they can add though
Old 05-29-2012, 03:34 AM   #468
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Oddometer: 8,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Crazy how much comfort they can add though
Ok, I give. I was kinda surprised that Y'all were putting liners on when it was so hot. I am interested. Not because I am unsatisfied with my helmet, but because it could be better.

Turbo, thanks for the photos and I really like your XR. Looks like a proper dirt bike. What year is it?

Looks like a good deal of fun in Michaux over the weekend! We were there Saturday evening and Sunday morning early. On Sunday we were there before 10 and someone had gone through on a bike before us.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #469
turbojerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Turbo, thanks for the photos and I really like your XR. Looks like a proper dirt bike. What year is it?

Best $1200 I've spent in a long time!
turbojerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #470
TowPro
I want to ride

Oddometer: 2,447
Today is Tuesday. I will be back up Wed evening, but I have to work Wed night for an hour or 2, then Thursday and Friday Day time.

Anybody doing any rides on Saturday?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #471
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,116
My riding on Saturday is going to be the final test run of the Southern York/Lancaster Tour route. Come on over next weekend if you are in the area.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #472
TowPro
I want to ride

Oddometer: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
My riding on Saturday is going to be the final test run of the Southern York/Lancaster Tour route. Come on over next weekend if you are in the area.
I am thinking about it. I have to work (firewall cut overs) both June 9th and 10th at night. Should be an easy job (allowing enough sleep).
I was going to talk to you off line to figure out where to meet you along the route.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #473
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Thumb

WOW!!! Since Jack started this thread a year and seven months ago, there have been 53,535 views, it's grown to 32 pages with 473 posts and it's still hangin' on page #1, not to mention that it's brought together ADVRiders from all over the area looking for places and things to do in the Michaux State Forest area; ain't it great? Thanks Jack!

Sorry I didn't check my e-mails and PM's before heading out Monday morning (Troy/turbojerk), seems there we're alot of us riding in Michaux on Monday that didn't meet up (Joel/Paebr332) even though we were ridng in the same areas at the same times! Bob/pos90 from York and I had a great ride going in the morning and were about to turn over 40 miles, when the rear tire on Bob's Buell Lighting managed to lose all of its air while we were riding east on Three Turn Road, just before reaching Ridge Road. Bob was able to ride it up to the Shippensburg Road where we found the problem, seems there was a small slice in one spot and a nail in another. Air wasn't leaking from the nail but it was from the slice. Bob had a plug kit and CO2 cartridges with him and after a few tries he was able to inflate the tire and we headed for U.S 30, where I knew we could stop by a riders house (Steve) on Newman Road that I had just met for the first time this past Friday, just in case Bob's tire started to leak. Steve and his wife have twin XT250's, a CRF250X and a new wee strom, plus a bike trailer, so Steve we need you to get past lurking on ADVRider and get on board and introduce yourself. By the way, a home owner on the northeast corner of Ridge Road and Shippensburg Road came out and offered us the use of his air compressor, etc. if we needed it, keep this in mind if your ever up that way and give the gentlemen a wave as you go by his place. After saying goodbye to Bob and Steve (Steve was able to get his Buell home by the way; hope to ride with you another day) I was off to the Sheetz in Rouzerville on PA Rt.16 to meet up with Mike/LoneStrom from Towson, MD on his BMW R1200GS. As we were about to turn onto Rattlesnake Run Road we ran into Joe/Rrad on his BMW F800GS who also lived in Towson, small world. Joe had heard about the riding available in Michaux while at Bob's BMW in Jessup and decided to check it out, so we've now added yet another rider to this Michaux thread. The three of us managed to ride most of the forest roads south of U.S. 30 before taking a break at the Twin Kiss in Quincy, afterwards we topped off our tanks at the Rutter's Farm Store across the street and then headed up Oak Road over to Wirt Road and back to Blue Ridge Summit where I said so long to Mike and Joe and they headed back to Towson. They plan a return ride back to Michaux soon, my wife and I hope to put them up for the weekend at the "Manor" when they do so.

Well allright then we're getting a nice shower here, AGAIN! and it looks like more of the same for most of the week and up coming weekend, all be it with a lot lower temps than this past weekend. I'm not sure right now what I'll/we'll be getting into this coming week and weekend, but it most likely will involve riding of some sort, I'll/well be standing by for any offers coming our way.

"Thr Rides Never Long Enough!"

Jeff (SoPaRider) & Karen (SoPaGuider)

Caretakers of the "Motorcyclist Manor"
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #474
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Wicked

Old_Crow

THAT WAS US! and that wasn't District Road you were on, it was Irishtown Road and you were heading east from PA Route 997 (Anthony Highway), that runs between Fayetteville to the north and Pond Bank to the south towards the intersection of Mount Cydonia Road and Kettle Springs Road. I turned around and tried to get your attention so that you would stop but you just kept going, oh well, maybe next time your back over this way we'll get to meet up and ride, your welcome at our "Motorcyclist Manor" when you do. Nice WR by the way, I sure would like to test ride one someday, I'd be willing to swap my near vintage DR441 Hybrid with you for a few miles if your game?

Jeff (SoPaRider)

1994 Suzuki DR350SER/1996 Suzuki DR350/441SET Hybrid
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #475
SLiP210
you can call me slip

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Ok, I give. I was kinda surprised that Y'all were putting liners on when it was so hot. I am interested. Not because I am unsatisfied with my helmet, but because it could be better.
Hey Jack,
It keeps the funk out of my helmet pads, the sun off my neck, the wind out of my ears,and if I adjust my helmet up and down my earbuds stay in place and what hair I have left doesnt bunch up in the wrong direction. What Signal said--comfort I have a fairly thin one that isnt real bad in the summer.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #476
turbojerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
We should come up with a date for a ride one weekend... Meet at a common location in the AM and ride Michaux all day long!

....just sayin
turbojerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #477
Old_Crow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
THAT WAS US! and that wasn't District Road you were on, it was Irishtown Road and you were heading east from PA Route 997
I was coming back past Mt. Alto State Park, up 233, and went right on District road - I was aiming for something resembling a lunch spot on Black Bill Rd. I was a bit frustrated with my gas run as I was expecting to find something a bit closer than the Rutters across from Quincy Hardware. The old man in the hardware store was wearing his dog tags (as he does every memorial day apparently) and he sold me some allens so I could adjust my clutch lever - left the house without proper tools . I was itching to hit some dirt again when I saw the group charging downhill. You guys looked like you were on a mission with all that gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
next time your back over this way we'll get to meet up and ride, your welcome at our "Motorcyclist Manor" when you do. Nice WR by the way, I sure would like to test ride one someday, I'd be willing to swap my near vintage DR441 Hybrid with you for a few miles if your game?
I would really enjoy a ride and/or stay with a local who knows the ropes! I think trading for a few miles could be in the cards but we would have to stick to the dirt/gravel roads - I can't be trusted in the back woods just yet. The top end of the WR motor is pretty exciting, especially with the power programmer giving it extra juice. Once I get armored up a bit better I'll be in touch.
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #478
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Oddometer: 882
I can almost smell the honeysuckle

...it figures my favorite pix from this thread are on pavement
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #479
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Oddometer: 8,997
Thanks for visiting Brian, and the no gravel thing does stand to reason and RIGHT ON about the honeysuckle!!! IT was wonderful in the mornings.... sublime

Here's another:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiP210 View Post
Hey Jack,
It keeps the funk out of my helmet pads, the sun off my neck, the wind out of my ears,and if I adjust my helmet up and down my earbuds stay in place and what hair I have left doesnt bunch up in the wrong direction. What Signal said--comfort I have a fairly thin one that isnt real bad in the summer.
Thanks Slip.
I'm gonna try one soon.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #480
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,139
Helmet liners rock! They keep the helmet strap from yanking out your whiskers...
My favorite is the Smart Wool light weight seconded by Under-Armor.
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote