User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #631
TowPro
I want to ride

Oddometer: 2,444
Saturday 9/14?

Anybody riding in or near Michaux tomorrow?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #632
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Oddometer: 8,992
Hi TowPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Anybody riding in or near Michaux tomorrow?
Me & SoPaRider were in West Virginia for the weekend

Lemme tell you, I'm feeling it today!!! Jeff has gotta be a hurtin pup. He rode offroad 2X as far as i did!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #633
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Great news Denny!! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Mann View Post
I got some great news from the Director of PaTRA, Dave Whiteman last night. The PaTRA & PaOHV efforts to stop the DCNR’s shortening of the Dirt Bike and Dual Sport season in Bald Eagle State Forest will not happen at this time. The two riding areas, 7 Mountains & Shade Mountain will remain open this fall. The District Office will pass this issue to the higher level authorities in Harrisburg. PaOHV has a meeting scheduled with the Secretary of the DCNR later this fall and will discuss the motorcycle riding issues. We owe a lot of thanks to everyone who wrote letters to the DCNR about this issue. Working together has paid off.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #634
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Glad to hear the good news Denny.

Sorry I couldn't hook up with you this past weekend TowPro, but as Jax said, we were riding some of the best Forest Roads VA and WV have to offer on Friday (137 miles) and Saturday (123 miles), much of the VA route we rode will be used for the Shenandoah 500 (500 kms/300 miles) AMA Dual Sport National on October 6th & 7th. Don't ask me why Jax but I'm actually feeling no pain today, what with only a 140 mile drive home on Sunday, followed by a really long, hot shower and a good nights sleep, the only thing that is sore are my two pointer fingers, I don't think I've ever used my clutch and front brake as much as I did on those rides! Hats off to the "Best Looking Man In Hinton!" for leading the way both days and to the "Best Looking Woman in Hinton" for providing some great grub, all while hosting a "Unique" group of ADV Riders!
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #635
turbojerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I've been touring the south hills mostly for the last week or two... Less traffice and very peaceful!!
turbojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #636
TowPro
I want to ride

they are forecasting leaf changes for Michaux between 10/20 and 10/31.
The wife said that if we have to take time off during the week, we will see the color this year
Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #637
turbojerk
Adventurer

We should do a Fall foliage ride!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #638
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
We should do a Fall foliage ride!
Sounds like a good plan. Lets pick a date, time and location to meet up and start the ride.

Let's split the difference and go with Saturday the 27th? Meet up at say 10:00 am?

Now pick the location.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #639
TowPro
I want to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapper View Post
Sounds like a good plan. Lets pick a date, time and location to meet up and start the ride.

Let's split the difference and go with Saturday the 27th? Meet up at say 10:00 am?

Now pick the location.
We need to get Mr Michaux on board. Jeff took the time to document a complete Michaux riders guide including routes, and points of interest. Most extensive guide I have seen for any riding area

Paging SoPaRider, you around? :)
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #640
turbojerk
Adventurer

I'm game!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #641
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
We need to get Mr Michaux on board. Jeff took the time to document a complete Michaux riders guide including routes, and points of interest. Most extensive guide I have seen for any riding area

Paging SoPaRider, you around? :)
I'm not Jeff, but I think a foliage ride should hit all six of the designated scenic overlooks you can ride to in Michaux. Okay, Hammond's Rocks you have to walk about 100 yards from the side of the road to the overlook, but you get the idea.

The six overlooks you can ride to are (North to South) Spruce Run, Hammond's Rock's, Buzzard Rocks, Dark Hollow, Snowy Mountain and Valley View. If you are up for a hike (a pretty steep one at that) you could also hit Pole Steeple. That would be all seven of the scenic overlooks in the state forest in one day.

I can't make the 27th but may try to hit all 6 (or seven) on the 13th or 20th.

I may also try to hit all 6 rideable overlooks in Tuscarora State Forest during the fall foliage season this year. A man's gotta dream.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #642
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Sounds Excellent!!!
Don't know if I can get free though.

Warning at Buzzard Rocks... Last time I was up I was amazed at how many nails, screws and misc hardware and glass there was.... Idiots seem to have brought construction waste up there to burn.... glass is a problem at the overlooks... but I never saw so much rusty steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
I'm not Jeff, but I think a foliage ride should hit all six of the designated scenic overlooks you can ride to in Michaux. Okay, Hammond's Rocks you have to walk about 100 yards from the side of the road to the overlook, but you get the idea.

The six overlooks you can ride to are (North to South) Spruce Run, Hammond's Rock's, Buzzard Rocks, Dark Hollow, Snowy Mountain and Valley View. If you are up for a hike (a pretty steep one at that) you could also hit Pole Steeple. That would be all seven of the scenic overlooks in the state forest in one day.

I can't make the 27th but may try to hit all 6 (or seven) on the 13th or 20th.

I may also try to hit all 6 rideable overlooks in Tuscarora State Forest during the fall foliage season this year. A man's gotta dream.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #643
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paebr332 View Post
I've heard people fussing about the conditions of Ridge Rd at the north end being hard to ride. While I drove my Miata through it, I was going slow. So lets start at the bottom and go north and we can decide about the top end of Ridge Rd when we all get there.

Lets set two dates: Saturday the 20th and Saturday the 27th. We'll plan on both dates. Some folk will run it twice, some once. Weather can be fickle and that will play as well.

Lets meet at the McDonalds in Waynesboro, and plan on rolling out by 10:00am, going North. I'll try to be there at 9:00ish myself, for a disgusting breakfast. If one of you folk have a better breakfast meeting place, especially in Mt Alto, put it out instead.

Don't know about lunch locations, or after the ride hijinks. I'm limited with regards to night riding as I don't have a headlight at the moment.

If I did it right, this should show a draft route map:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...06474,0.866547
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #644
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Sounds Excellent!!!
Don't know if I can get free though.

Warning at Buzzard Rocks... Last time I was up I was amazed at how many nails, screws and misc hardware and glass there was.... Idiots seem to have brought construction waste up there to burn.... glass is a problem at the overlooks... but I never saw so much rusty steel.
Ah yes, the work of the Hoofdies.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #645
mudslngr
mud .....a necessity

Oddometer: 55
This would be awesome!