Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #766
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,853
Gonna be almost 60 in Blue Ridge Summit on Sunday......
Jus sayin.

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #767
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Jack I'm planning on making one last run up and down Piney Mountain Ridge Road on Sunday before it's gated on December 9th until May 31st 2013, let me know if you'll be up and I'll even ride caboose! JC
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #768
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,749
See you next spring Jeff :)
Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #769
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
Jack I'm planning on making one last run up and down Piney Mountain Ridge Road on Sunday before it's gated on December 9th until May 31st 2013, let me know if you'll be up and I'll even ride caboose! JC
Nice. Lemme see what I can do. I've put up the 650, although it only needs a little to get it on the road.
Otherwise I'll be on my Tiger with big fat road tires, and crappy suspension.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #770
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,377
Last time I was there, the Tiger would have been fine, except for maybe Besecker's Gap. Then again, I took the Uly up that road, so the Tiger shouldn't have any problems.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #771
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:

IN!
650's running.
PM sent

Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #772
Scotty P
Funny like a Moran

Oddometer: 11,193
Have fun guys........I'm going to do a few laps around Budd's creek Sunday to say I rode Moto-X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
But things were getting tense, and I know nothing defuses a tough situation faster than boobies.
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #773
JaxObsessed OP

pix or it didn't happen!!

Sounds like a MESS of fun Scott!

Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #774
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,685
I'd have loved to meet up with some folks in Michaux tomorrow, but due to prior commitments that day (lunch and beer drinking with an old Marine buddy, I have my priorities ) I headed up there today instead and found a great surprise.

After a northward run up Biesecker Gap Road, at its end I turned right on State Forest Road and about a mile later saw open on the right one of the many yellow gates that always seem to be closed. There was a sign posted that this road was open for deer season, and that was enough of an invitation for me. That turn lead to miles and miles of multiple old logging roads that went all over the ridges and valleys. Except for numerous parked 4x4 trucks belonging to deer hunters, I had the roads to myself and it was wonderful! None of them showed up on the GPS of course, and since I didn't have any bread crumbs to drop I had to keep track of which way I turned where so I didn't get lost. A great problem to have up there!

Hopefully these roads will remain open on Sunday (even though no hunting then) for any of you venturing up that way. A few crappy cellphone pics:

jdub screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 03:32 PM
jdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #775
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Know where you were jdub, I've never had the chance to check out those roads, maybe tomorrow?, sorry I won't get to ride with you yet again on Sunday, but if Jax is able to slice a hole in the fog in the morning we plan to meet at the Sheetz store in Rouzerville at 11:00, anyone else? Jeff
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #776
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,377
I will probably be heading over that way tomorrow morning. I have to be back at my place by 2pm, so I will try to meet with you all before I head home.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #777
JaxObsessed OP

Quote:
Know where you were jdub, I've never had the chance to check out those roads, maybe tomorrow?, sorry I won't get to ride with you yet again on Sunday, but if Jax is able to slice a hole in the fog in the morning we plan to meet at the Sheetz store in Rouzerville at 11:00, anyone else? Jeff
Nice job JDub!!!! +1 Jeff Let's see what we see!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
I will probably be heading over that way tomorrow morning. I have to be back at my place by 2pm, so I will try to meet with you all before I head home.
It will be great to see you.

I'm getting psyched so..... Let's meet an hour earlier!!! ???? 1000 Sheets Rouserville/

Old 12-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #778
JaxObsessed OP

OK.... back to 1100 or maybe later@@ Rouserville.. Radar has rain moving in. I'll be watching the weather, and I will call you Jeff.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #779
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

Rain/drizzle looks like it will pass to the north of Michaux, there is a fog alert until 9:00 A.M., when I got up at 8:00 A.M. visability was about 100 to 150 yards, it's now up to 200 yards, temps 40 at 9:00, 43 at 10:00 and 46 at 11:00, then mid 50's this afternoon, standing by and ready to get geared up at a minutes notice! JC
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #780
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Jax and I now plan to meet at the Sheetz store in Rouzerville between 11:15 and 11:30 A.M., I plan to leave my house around 10:30 and take a route through southern Michaux. JC