Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Oddometer: 1,738
Clearwater Lights GROUP BUY Nov 1 to Nov 30

Hi everyone-

Since I enjoyed the Clearwater lights on my motorcycle and their flashlight so much, I asked Glenn Stasky (the president of Clearwater Lights) if I could organize a group buy. He agreed and here's the result.

WHAT CAN YOU GET?

The following items are being offered in the group buy:
  • Glenda lights - 10 orders = 10% discount. 30 orders = 15% discount. 50 orders = 20% discount
http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_glenda.html
  • Krista lights - 10 orders = 10% discount. 30 orders = 15% discount. 50 orders = 20% discount
http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_krista.html
  • Flashlight - 10 orders = 10% discount. 30 orders = 15% discount. 50 orders = 20% discount
http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_flashlight.html
  • Glenda brake lights - 10 orders = 10% discount. 30 orders = 15% discount. 50 orders = 20% discount
http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_brakelight.html
  • Replacement BMW R1150 GS headlamps - 5 orders = 10%, 10 = 15% discount, 20 = 20% discount
http://www.clearwaterlights.com/infopg_headlight.html

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

The group buy will run from November 1, 2010 to November 30, 2010 OR until the maximum number of units have been spoken for. I will post regular updates.

If you are interested in one or more of the products, send an EMAIL to clearwatergb@gmail.com In the email, you MUST include the following:
  • Your REAL name
  • Your ADVrider handle
  • Which product(s) you would like to purchase
  • Your email address
  • Your telephone number
The cap for each product is listed. Once again, the group buy will be cut off either when the cap for each product has been reached OR until November 30.

WHAT IS THE WHOLE CAP THING, ANYWAY?

Glenn is happy to offer this deal to the ADVrider community but not in unlimited numbers. Therefore, quantities are limited. It will be first come, first served. As indicated earlier, I will post updates on a regular basis on how many are left as we go on.

The cap is: BMW GS replacement headlight asseembly - 20 units
EVERYTHING ELSE - 50 units of each product

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT?

After November 30, I will email each person with instructions on how to place your order. Please do not try and place your order early as you will not get your discount. You need to wait & hear from me.

WHERE CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE LIGHTS?

Many people on ADVrider (including myself) have posted their impressions of the various lights offered by Clearwater right on this website. You can also visit http://www.clearwaterlights.com/index.html and see for yourself. Google is also your friend.

CAN I REALLY ORDER MORE THAN ONE DIFFERENT SET OF LIGHTS?

Yes, you most certainly can. For example, I have both Glenda & Krista lights on my Yamaha FJR1300. I also have one of their flashlights.

The GLENDA lights:

The KRISTA lights:

SO, WHAT IS CLEARWATER GIVING ME FOR THIS?

Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zero. I'm doing it because I really like the lights and thought others would as well.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Just a couple of minor things. If you have any questions, please post them in this thead. Others may have the same questions. I do have a job and a life but will try and respond as quickly as possible. I'm usually on the website daily. PLEASE USE THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ORDERS!!! The email address clearwatergb@gmail.com is for ORDERS only. Questions in the thread.

I hope all of you find this group buy useful. If it's a success, I may be able to pull off a couple of others for the ADVrider community.

Thanks!!!

Join us! The Central Florida Tag-o-Rama
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,881
Since I live in deer country I sprang for a set of Kristas on my R12GS. I run them at half power most of the time just to make me more visible to cagers, but even at that setting they really light up the road. At full power it's like riding in some Ichabod Crane story, with every branch and leaf brightly illuminated!
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Just remembered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgEes...e_gdata_player

This is a video done by someone on the FJR forum. He has his lights wired to go to max when he hits the horn or the high beams. They don't have to be wired like that...but you can. Mine are wired to go to full tilt when the brights are engaged, but not to the horns.

As a reminder, they are available for many different makes & models of motorcycles.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,862
I first saw these lights at the Redmond BMW MOA in June. Impressive package, and I really like the dimming feature.

Not ready to pull the trigger on the aux lights, still a little spendy.

But am interested in the flashlight 700 lumen, wow.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

The flashlights are on the group buy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
I first saw these lights at the Redmond BMW MOA in June. Impressive package, and I really like the dimming feature.

Not ready to pull the trigger on the aux lights, still a little spendy.

But am interested in the flashlight 700 lumen, wow.

Meltdown screwed with this post 11-01-2010 at 03:26 PM
Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

The group buy still has openings available.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
MonsterJ
I have motopsychosis

Oddometer: 262
What numbers of orders are you at?

Temple, TX -> Cape May, NJ -> Mobile, AL -> ECity, NC -> Kodiak, AK -> Mobile, AL -> Sacto, CA -> Cape Cod, MA -> New London, CT -> San Francisco, CA -> Juneau, AK (summer of '13) -> where to next?
MonsterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,679
The Glenda's are $500 and these ...

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...off/Detail.bok

... are $180 a pair and can be had quite a bit cheaper on ebay. What makes them worth the extra $350? (I do like the orange trim rings)

Dan Alexander screwed with this post 11-07-2010 at 06:08 AM
Dan Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #9
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander

... are $180 a pair and can be had quite a bit cheaper on ebay. What makes them worth the extra $350? (I do like the orange trim rings)
I have no first hand knowledge of those lights and would be unable to offer an informed opinion as to why one is better than the other. I would suggest contacting the vendor directly and asking his opinion.

There are spots still available on the group buy if you're interested.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 AM   #10
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander

While I do not have first hand experience with these Clearwater Lights I do have Moto-lights on both my bikes and much like the Clearwater Light the Moto-lights cost over $400 new and are built like a rock! I have had one set for over 7 years and they look and perform as new and the service and support from the Moto-light owners has been exceptional. I assume from all I have heard that one could expect the same service and support from Clearwater Lights. They are NOT cheap but they are good. Would the $180 lights work fine ... I bet they would. But I also suspect the mounts are not bike specific. With my Moto-lights and assume the Clearwaters they install like they were made for the bike. Certainly not for everyone but in my opinion worth the extra cost. I suspect if you sat the $180 lights next to the Clearwater Lights and examined closely you would see the little differences in construction that result in the Clearwater Lights costing more. Again ....nothing wrong with the $180 lights and for some that is all they want or need.

Hope this helps.

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
Redhed
Lost on the Island

Oddometer: 80
ClearWater Lights

I had a set of Kristas installed at the BMW rally in Redmond. I am very happy with the product, and use the dimmer feature regularly. I tried to work with Trail Techs but they apparently do not like the moisture on the Wet Coast. With 4 of them sitting on the shelf, I have now ordered a set of Glendas to deal with the conspicuity factor, while the Kristas light up the deer and elk. I am wondering if Clearwater afficiendos would consider lobbying Glen and crew to develop lens covers? I also like the Amber acrylic option, and would really like to see a consideration for the development of lens covers which would protect these great lights from road rocks and other lens breakers. What do you think?
Redhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

I would email Glenn directly at Clearwater. I've always seen him to be very responsive to customer suggestions.

The group buy is going along very well and there are still a few spots left. Be sure to place your order soon if you're interested. Just in time for that holiday gift for yourself.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
PhysioWorks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Hello melt
you have a pm from me
Luke - physioworks
Cheers!!
PhysioWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #14
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Hi Luke-

PM has been replied to.

Also for everyone else, the Group Buy activity has picked up a great deal in the last few days. There are still a few slots available so get your email in SOON if you'd like to take advantage of this.

Remember: Clearwater lights are made in the USA, come with model specific mounting brackets and installation manual, unparalleled customer support, a dimmer dial (volume pot), will go to 100% power upon turning your high-beams on, and everything you need to hook them up for a hassle-free installation.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysioWorks
Hello melt
you have a pm from me
Luke - physioworks
Cheers!!

Meltdown screwed with this post 11-24-2010 at 05:56 AM
Old 11-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
John Smallberries
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,210
I'm in for some Kristas

OK - I put in for a pair of Kristas. How high is the count?
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote